NEurope
canand

Trailer for the New Zelda game may be released in October

Neogaf doesn't even have a topic about this and the retro rumour was a Zelda Shiek spin-off that was canned.

Fair enough, but the "unknown blog" comment is the type of elitist shit that sometimes gets spouted on there about N-Europe and other websites.

I think you're generalising the small group of reactionary fans with the wider group of gamers.

Lol, I am not, in fact there were little amount of people that declared one of the games that just came out was better then the last game. It took time before gamers gave the games higher praise.

I don't remember any fuss about Majora's Mask. Everyone knew it was a "bonus", same-engine Zelda. It was less flawless than Ocarina of Time, but in many ways better.

Like I keep saying in the other posts, people EXPECTED it to be BIGGER then that of OOT, people expected it to be epic in every way possible, but in the end it was not what people thought or wanted. It was during time did people get really into it and started to love it.

I thought it was the best game ever from pretty much the first moment. Even so, I can somewhat understand some people being disappointed they didn't receive the SpaceWorld Zelda. It's a simple case of "You get teased with something, you want it". Nintendo do this to sell machines, after all.

Don't forget that it was around the time Nintendo was declared as 'kiddy' by mostly every single person out there at the time

Now, as for the next game, maybe it will be inferior to Twilight Princess, in which case people will say so. This doesn't mean they will somehow reclassify Twilight Princess as excellent, because it wasn't.

lol, it is an excellent game what are you getting at?

It was a right mess. It had moments of brilliance, true, but the game as a whole was an uninspired jumble of nonsense.

Just like WW, I remember how they had to cut corners, your so called greatest game ever had perhaps one of the most BORING aspects in any game...Triforce gathering, should I also mention how tiny the islands were?

Don't forget that, unlike Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, Twilight Princess had an overly long development time, spread out between two consoles.

And they did not make waste of it, it's a fantastic game that I can continue playing even today.

Well it was spread out between two consoles, it was already said that the game was going to come out before the Wii release until Nintendo decided to put it on the Wii as well to add more sales to the launch of the Wii

This meant that the end product was nothing like it was meant to be.

For you, not for me, game was awesome, just because you didn't like it, don't mean everyone didn't like it, already my friends have gone back playing TP and saying that they like it a lot more then before.

The thing about Zelda that makes it so great unlike most other gaming series is that it grows as well as age well, usually people like it the second time rather then playing it the first. and Twilight Princess indeed had some great moments that make it what Zelda is so great for, it's those little details that make it just so much better then most other games out there (And it's not just graphics I mean, I also mean the script and how it plays out)

I applaud Nintendo for making Twilight Princess and I give the finger to all those people that thought it was 'flabby'

Art was excellent

Story was excellent

Characters were excellent

Music was excellent

Weapons were awesome

The temples were the best ever designed temples I have ever seen in a Zelda game.

Shit even you're main enemies were interesting.

So yeah I am confused as too why people didn't like the game and I am sure people will praise it more as time goes along, most likely when the newest Zelda comes out.

But meh, I'll get the same reply as before attacking TP and praising the other games so I'm outta dis thread, no point posting after this post, be just like this post again :indeed:

Got to agree with you, Grazza. Personally, I just want something really clean and tight. TP felt slightly messy and uncared for in some areas for me.

It's relieving to know that the dev's have said that they've been inspired by the graphics in Monster Hunter Tri, and want to achieve something similar or better in the next Zelda game.

Just like WW, I remember how they had to cut corners, your so called greatest game ever had perhaps one of the most BORING aspects in any game...Triforce gathering, should I also mention how tiny the islands were?

Christ... I was beginning to think I was the only one with the right mind on this.

I have to side with the WW crew. TP did feel like it was incomplete in several areas (the back of the box shows a magic meter. Just when did they remove such a huge element?).

Moments of brilliance happened, yes, but unfortunately, they're just moments. WW was the opposite, as the whole game felt consistent and complete aside from a couple of moments of awkwardness (and even those had attempts to be properly covered)

@killer kirby: I actually agree with your list of strong TP points, except for the "well designed temples" part. Not that the others were bad, but the last 2 dungeons (the villains' castles) were the worst in Zelda series. Seriously, the only good parts were the "Twilight ball recovery" and the "stairs of doom"

I agree with Killer Kirby, I thought that Twilight Princess was amazing; the temple designs were fantastic! For me it easily stands alongside Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, easily!

Don't forget that it was around the time Nintendo was declared as 'kiddy' by mostly every single person out there at the time

Yeah, but people who don't understand the quality of Nintendo games and think they're "kiddie" have never been worth listening to. My argument is that it is not these people who saw the flaws in Twilight Princess (and the Wii in general).

Honestly, the Tri-Force Hunt is the most unfairly criticised and exaggerated moment in gaming history. It hardly takes any time to find the eight charts, then the mini-challenges themselves are very fun and varied. It's nothing like as laborious as finding items in other games, such as keys and artifacts in Metroid Prime 1+2, for a quick example.

It was better than having an extra dungeon or two. They inadvertently stumbled across a better formula and a better way of using the overworld.

So yeah I am confused as too why people didn't like the game and I am sure people will praise it more as time goes along, most likely when the newest Zelda comes out.

That's why you're confused; you think people didn't like the game, when all people are saying is that it was less brilliant than usual.

I have to side with the WW crew. TP did feel like it was incomplete in several areas (the back of the box shows a magic meter. Just when did they remove such a huge element?).

It was that final year that changed the game so much. I always think the "apology screenshots", issued in August 2005, tell a grand story: http://uk.media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/imgs_2.html

This was the GameCube game at its pinnacle, before development shifted to Wii.

Look at how much better Castle Town is, with better camera angles. As soon as the game had to work on the Wii as well, it massively compromised the GameCube version. The lack of buttons meant that shield control was actually removed and all areas, including forests and towns, had to be designed as though the player had no camera control.

Who knows why they took out the magic meter and the items that used them? I'd be amazed if that wasn't something to do with the Wii too.

And I think this is the real reason there's a bone of contention about Twilight Princess. Whatever issues Majora's Mask and Wind Waker may have had, they were released at the right time, for their intended console. If Twilight Princess had been released as intended, purely on GameCube, I honestly believe people would have found it much easier to accept, warts and all.

We could have had a Wii version later, like Pikmin and Metroid Prime Trilogy, which would have been fine, but the changes would have been huge and clear for all to see.

Edited by Grazza
spelling

Nintendo details at Kyoto doesn't look important at all.

"Nintendo will appear at the event in the creatively titled "Nintendo Game Event." This will be held on October 3 and October 4.

The event will feature three corners.

A Wii demo corner will offer playable Mario & Sonic At Vancouver Olympics, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort, and Pokemon Scramble. All but Mario & Sonic will be out by the time the event starts. "

I don't think the compromises made in TP (yes the are obviously there) really had much to do with the game being on the Wii specifically. If given more time, I'm sure the team could have figured out how to implement camera and shield control. Nintendo have officially stated that they had less time to work on some things because they were porting the game to the Wii, it has nothing to do with the Wii, but that the game was ported in the first place. My opinion is that Twilight Princess is a great game, but its just not quite as good as other Zelda games have been. My main problems with it were how way to much was re-used from previous games, as-well as getting very little reward for actually exploring the world. Going through a mini dungeon to only find 20 Rupees in a chest at the end (not even a piece of heart) made it feel like there was little point in doing any more mini dungeons, or even straying from the path at all. I looked all over the game's world for worthwhile hidden secrets, like have been in past games, and I really couldn't find that many. Sure. there were a couple lengthy side quests to get an item, but even these weren't all that fun or rewarding. Adventure is what Zelda has always been about. You can look as far back as you like, this was the main point of the first game, and its been important ever since.

I like the series, I play the games, I'm a happy man:D

I'm ever so much lookin' forward to the future, who can imagine what NINTENDO will be doing to this legend.

Spirit Tracks is just one step in the right direction if you ask me. Get link in contact with all kinds o' shizzle and see what the outcome is :laughing:

I do, however, think that it's time for the developers to come up with a new city or place with a story behind it. Surely the world is bigger than Hyrule!

----------------------

Isn't it so that we saw Link leaving Hyrule on his horse at the end of OOT. The next game took place somewhere completely different.

Link also rode off into unknown territory at the end of TP......hint-te-ti-hint? :laughing:

well, I don't think this will happen at all.

There is every chance they could go back to cel shading you know or some other style. I just don't think another twilight princess will happen because the graphics don't get much better on the wii.

then again though super mario galaxy 2 :S

Moments of brilliance happened, yes, but unfortunately, they're just moments. WW was the opposite, as the whole game felt consistent and complete aside from a couple of moments of awkwardness (and even those had attempts to be properly covered)

I'd agree with that. The first half of Twilight Princess was absolutely fantastic and felt like a an excellent instalment to the Zelda franchise. Things just went massively downhill from the mirror shards onwards. The story felt rushed and incomplete. It was still good, with some lovely scenes and a nice dungeon or two, but it was a huge drop off in quality from the first half of the game. If I had to guess I'd say the general concensus among Zelda fans was that TP was good, but the other 3 were better. I could be wrong though.

Then again, the lack of a 'water' temple in the first half of Wind Waker (and the equivalent during the Master Sword restoration act) was the biggest WTF moment ever. The awkwardness of just receiving the third pearl was awful really. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Now I absolutely adored the game, but it's a shame because adding in those extra couple of temples they didn't have time to do would have improved the game hugely.

________

California dispensaries

Edited by Ronnie

Now I absolutely adored the game, but it's a shame because adding in those extra couple of temples they didn't have time to do would have improved the game hugely.

I still think they should have slapped those other dungeons back in and released a directors cut of the game on the Wii. It would have been the perfect filler while we wait for the next Zelda game.

After Twilight Princess, I really doubt the next game will take place in Hyrule as we know it.

I'm hoping it's a fresh experience - Zelda has gotten stale over the years...WW and TP were poor follow-ups to the N64 classics. Whoever mentioned the whole Triforce-gathering thing is gonna get a Thanks from me for stating the most sensible thing I've ever heard on these forums - doing that was one of the most boring experiences I've ever had in a game.

The overworld certainly needs some improvement - bring life to the bugger. Saying that, knowing Nintendo, they'll just make it like Animal Crossing where the people who Link interacts with say a few new things every now and then and it's all hunky-dorey.

WW was my first true Zelda experience and I adored every last second of it, it felt so alive and like a living cartoon and it simply blew me away. I loved the sailing sections so I enjoyed the TriForce hunt but I can understand why some would find it frustrating or too slow.

The highlight for me though, was the story, to have this beautifully-told myth acted out for the first time and in a new age after Hyrule has been long forgotten beneath the waves. Magical!

Then again, the lack of a 'water' temple in the first half of Wind Waker (and the equivalent during the Master Sword restoration act) was the biggest WTF moment ever. The awkwardness of just receiving the third pearl was awful really. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Now I absolutely adored the game, but it's a shame because adding in those extra couple of temples they didn't have time to do would have improved the game hugely.

I can see why they removed that temple. Swimming is limited in WW, and we see water everywhere else. At least the chase for the pearl was good.

I also liked Twilight Princess very much, I love all Zelda games and I can't really say that I like one more than the other. I hope we'll see a trailer of the a new Zelda soon, hopefully they will take full advantage of the Wii's power, like they did in Mario Galaxy (I loved those graphics!) and maybe also Wii motion plus for sword fighting, if there is still a sword of course :indeed:

The thing with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker were they were all technically brilliant. Ocarina of Time for obvious reasons. Majora's Mask used the extra RAM to keep track of an incredible number of things, and made the game bigger through the use of time. People quite rightly praise the sidequests, but I think the single most impressive thing about that game is the way the Moon gets lower and lower throughout the 3-day cycle, in real time. You can check it out any time you want, and it'll be in the correct position. It's the simplest, most brilliant way of telling a story and, to this day, I've not seen anything as audacious as that in game.

Wind Waker used the GameCube to finally have a physically bigger game. Not only that, we had full camera control all the time, sophisticated 3D towns and (incredibly) loading times as fast as those on the N64. It didn't have a 3-day cycle, but it had complete 1-day cycles for the townsfolk, and different phases of the moon. The whole thing was generally very fluid and was Zelda for the next generation.

Twilight Princess, however, did not have a single bit of extra hardware to take advantage of. Also, the graphics were so detailed, the experience did not feel as technically advanced as the previous games, such as town design and loading times (as well as the Wii control issues I've mentioned). The townsfolk did not even have a 1-day cycle. I don't say this to bash TP, just to highlight that we need technical excellence to get the "wow" factor.

For Zelda Wii, how about this for an idea? When Link draws his bow, the perspective shifts into 1st-person and you can actually move, just like Metroid Prime 3. Aiming whilst stationary is one of the few things that feels old-fashioned. I don't think you should actually have to draw your bowstring with MotionPlus; they should just keep the infra-red aiming. In fact, I've got a feeling the entire game may be in 1st-person perspective, with no sword at all, but that's just a guess.

You talk a lot of sense Grazza

I can see why they removed that temple. Swimming is limited in WW, and we see water everywhere else. At least the chase for the pearl was good.

No, they removed it because they didn't have time to finish it, and the equivalent temple later in the game.

It was a total WTF moment and was hugely jarring. A shame really, because the rest of the game was stunning in every way.

________

New mexico marijuana dispensary

Edited by Ronnie

I'm on the same boat as Nintendowho; WW was my first Zelda game and I love it to bits. I think its better than OoT in todays standards (but then thats a different discussion altogether). Twilight Princess is a major bore compared to WW, I had to force myself to complete it.

The next zelda wii would either be in first person or, if its not, nintendo would definitly have tried it out in the testing stage at one point. I'm thinking along the lines on oblivion but obviously with its own zelda/nintendo charm.

Although saying that, I'm not really that excited about the zelda wii yet, I remember how hyped I was about TP and that didn't turn out to be as great as I thought it would be. Maybe once a trailer is released (whenever that might be) I might change my mind.

Edited by Sooj

That would be quite cool Zelda in First Person, although I know there would be a lot of people that wouldn't like such a major change.

Most of the time people don't know what they want until they get it.

This is so true. Surprising the customer with something fresh is a requirement to make a 5-star game.

Myamoto himself said something to the likes of "We don't listen to our fans. That's the reason we can come up with ideas for new games."