N-Europe

Help me choose between cufflinks

MoogleViper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you just pick cufflinks a grown up would wear?

Well seeing as I'm 18, and most of the members that have said they look good are 18+, then that's what I'll be doing anyway.

I'm not so insecure that I have to not wear something video game related and pretend to be all mature and wear something "grown ups" would wear.

I hate the term "Gamer", since the majority of people I've met in my life play video games, and it feels like you're pointlessly labeling yourself.

It's like calling someone who enjoys shopping a Shopper.

I'm kinda the opposite...

I don't like it when people have an issue with some labels, simply because they're labels. Fair enough if they're bad labels (e.g. nerd if you like chess, have bad hair and acne), but having an issue with shoppers being called shoppers is a bit ridiculous. It also seems logical to call people who play games regularly 'gamers'.

Labels are there to aid speech; not to victimise. It's much easier to say "we have 100 shoppers in store" rather than "we have 100 people in store who are currently browsing the aisles and selecting products to buy." Just common sense, really.

The thing with irony is that it can be pretty hard to get it online. I usually use smileys to indicate the tone of a comment, be it funny or serious or confused or whatever.

I'm pretty sure that irony isn't intentional or planned.

I'm pretty sure that irony isn't intentional or planned.

Sure it can be. From Wikipedia:

Verbal irony is a disparity of expression and intention: when a speaker says one thing but means another, or when a literal meaning is contrary to its intended effect. An example of this is sarcasm.

Verbal irony is distinguished from situational irony and dramatic irony in that it is produced intentionally by speakers.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I'm gonna throw my blue-named weight around and say enough already. The last dozen or so posts have done nothing but leave me with keyboard imprints on my skull. Please stay on topic and talk about cufflinks - some of the most useless things on earth, if I am not mistaken. I mean, what's wrong with buttoned shirts?

That felt nice.

I'm gonna throw my blue-named weight around and say enough already. The last dozen or so posts have done nothing but leave me with keyboard imprints on my skull. Please stay on topic and talk about cufflinks - some of the most useless things on earth, if I am not mistaken. I mean, what's wrong with buttoned shirts?

That felt nice.

Shirts can be buttoned and still need cufflinks. Oh, you mean buttoned sleeves? I agree muchly, cufflinks are expensive, unnecessary pieces of crap, noone ever notices them and a button does the job just as nicely, with less than half the effort of trying to get a cufflink in.