N-Europe

Pokémafia 3 - Turning Point

ReZourceman

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The town caved in on peer pressure and lynched their target based on sketchy information at very best. The town were punished for their eagerness to find evil within their ranks.

dpmfa199.png

Jonnas is dead. He was Slowking. The wise old Pokemon with redirecting abilities.

Night Two

Players ; 21 ; Cube, SBAMBOT4000, Coolness Bears, Nintendohnut, Ganepark32, Eddage, Raining again, Dyson, Ellmeister, Paj Meen Ah, Zell, not_so_tiny, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Sprout, Eenuh, Gaggle64, EEVILMURRAY, S.C.G., Molly, Gizmo.

A small fast red Pokemon witnessed a murder.

A fluffy Pokemon shined brightly, waving its fingers.

A tiny red, green and grey Pokemon was the subject of much desire. A gigantic blue Pokemon watched it closely. From afar a mysterious Pokemons eye lit up bright green.

A passionate Pokemon rapidly splished and sploshed away.

A flying Pokemon caught sight of the giant.

A hungry Pokemon encountered a Pokemon with a big mouth.

Another Pokemon with a big mouth was creeping about in the darkness, trying not to catch the light for it would surely give it away. It lunged out and attacked.

dpmfa368.png

Sprout is dead. He was Gorebyss, the roleblocking water Pokemon. He lives his friend behind.

DAY THREE

Players ; 20 ; Cube, SBAMBOT4000, Coolness Bears, Nintendohnut, Ganepark32, Eddage, Raining again, Dyson, Ellmeister, Paj Meen Ah, Zell, not_so_tiny, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Eenuh, Gaggle64, EEVILMURRAY, S.C.G., Molly, Gizmo.

Majority is 11.

Hey peeps, well I did register my displeasure at lynching Jonnas, but I just went with the majority. Oh well.

Incidentally, I will be away for the weekend until tuesday evening, and I doubt I will have internet access. So, sorry people but please don't do to me what you did to Jonnas - if you're going to lynch me at least wait until I can defend myself!

So yeah, good luck over the next few days, looks like we may have a lead today anyway with a witness to the murder!

Well, if Jonnas wasn't the killer, that means there is another roleblocker somewhere who didn't speak up during the previous day phase who most likely targeted the killer.

Either said person didn't speak at all (possibly because he or she wasn't here at all), or said person didn't mention the fact that he or she roleblocked someone.

Frankly, I'm glad we lynched someone, because otherwise the game just becomes stagnant.

Obviously it would have been better if he had been mafia. But at least now we have a list of names of people who voted for him, which undoubtably will contain the majority of the mafia roster.

But what were the odds of that?

Probably about 5/20, which is 25%, which is much better than the 0% chance of lynching a mafia member if we had sat and done nothing.

I got nothing last night so guess we're gonna have to wait for the person who saw the murder take place speak out. I'd also like to hear from the tiny red, green and grey pokemon. As the write-up says, it was subject to a lot of attention so if he/she speaks out, we could perhaps cross them off as a townie and have possible mafia suspects in the two other pokemon mentioned in relation to this.

Frankly, I'm glad we lynched someone, because otherwise the game just becomes stagnant.

Obviously it would have been better if he had been mafia. But at least now we have a list of names of people who voted for him, which undoubtably will contain the majority of the mafia roster.

Probably about 5/20, which is 25%, which is much better than the 0% chance of lynching a mafia member if we had sat and done nothing.

We obviously have different opinions on these matters, and I don't find it likely we'll ever agree upon them. Thus I just think we should leave it at that.

We obviously have different opinions on these matters, and I don't find it likely we'll ever agree upon them. Thus I just think we should leave it at that.

I think Chair has the right idea in general. Technically he's perfectly correct that there's a better chance of getting mafia by lynching someone than not (obviously :p), but also games where nothing happens during the day are boring.

I think Chair has the right idea in general. Technically he's perfectly correct that there's a better chance of getting mafia by lynching someone than not (obviously :p), but also games where nothing happens during the day are boring.

I see his point, obviously, I just don't completely agree with it. And I'm not even going to discuss if there's a "right" idea or not. I think we should just leave it at that, as I think it's apparent by now we'll probably never agree. :heh:

But the thing is, if two or three people are roleblocked and one is the killer, then the chances of lynching the killer are actually 33% or 50%. In theory this actually works in our favour.

Although I think in this case, we should have waited for Jonnas to say something. With quite a few of us voting, it allowed the mafia to rush the lynch. However another good thing about lynching as opposed to not lynching is it allows us to analyse voting patterns.

But the thing is, if two or three people are roleblocked and one is the killer, then the chances of lynching the killer are actually 33% or 50%. In theory this actually works in our favour.

Although I think in this case, we should have waited for Jonnas to say something. With quite a few of us voting, it allowed the mafia to rush the lynch. However another good thing about lynching as opposed to not lynching is it allows us to analyse voting patterns.

This is a good point. Alot of the votes that came in quite quickly after my post are likely mafia. I actually wasn't expecting a lynch to happen, I was just trying to spark something. Usually the first couple of days has absolutely nothing happen at all. Like you say, at least this gets us somewhere to start from.

Also, since I've got nothing to lose now, I'll just give everything I have: I was Sprouts partner. He was silenced yesterday after having been hit by a rock tomb - so if anybody knows / finds anything about a rock tomber, they are mafia. Can't be coincidence that Sprout died the day after being targeted. ReZ said pretty clearly in the write up that Sprout had a partner, so made him an obvious target. Unfortunately after that I'm now useless, hence why I'm just giving all the info I have.

From the voting, I have early suspicions for Cube and Dyson, who both kinda went along with me with little reasoning given. Ganepark maybe.

Eddage; do you know anything about the green eyes? If you're the giant blue Pokemon, you were targeting the same person as them, if I'm reading the write up correctly.