NEurope

Epic Mickey: Mickey's Legendary Challenge Trailer

Edited by Dante

Looking nice, but while theres clearly fan service going into this, it looks a fairly generic platform experience.

And a big shame, given children will be playing this, that they've not chosen to include voice acting. I put the same critisism on Mario too. There are kids who'll play this and not enjoy it due to the text.

And a big shame, given children will be playing this, that they've not chosen to include voice acting. I put the same critisism on Mario too. There are kids who'll play this and not enjoy it due to the text.

I hope you mean kids who can't read or are still learning to read. Otherwise I'd call the lack of Voice Acting a good thing if it can force some people (that can) to read the text.

Voice Acting is nice, but I don't get the some hate people throw to games without it as if reading is this terrible archaic task that no one should ever have to endure.

I hope you mean kids who can't read or are still learning to read. Otherwise I'd call the lack of Voice Acting a good thing if it can force some people (that can) to read the text.

Voice Acting is nice, but I don't get the some hate people throw to games without it as if reading is this terrible archaic task that no one should ever have to endure.

I agree with this statement, but it also speaks for the effort that Disney are putting into making this game the best it can be. For the Kingdom Hearts series on PlayStation 2 they recruited almost all original voice actors from many, many different Disney films. I know the team's not quite on the same scale as Square Enix, but surely Disney can push the boat out a bit to go that extra mile for the overall experience.

Problem is getting some of the voice actors from the 30's/40. They're a bit dead.

Problem is getting some of the voice actors from the 30's/40. They're a bit dead.

A bit dead is still byte alive though. Right?

Yes. In the same way that "we're closed" apparently begs the question "but are you still serving food?"

Stupid customers. No, we're that special kind of closed in which we are still open.

I just wanted an excuse to moan about stupid customers.

Looking nice, but while theres clearly fan service going into this, it looks a fairly generic platform experience.

I concur, also the beginning footage at Plutoria was very off-putting with the constant colour change.

I played this yesterday :D

It was magical. So magical I passed on sticky toffee pudding for it!

I only ever get games for Birthdays or Christmas because the Wii has such a bare amount of games I actually want, or shit versions of games I want that are on PS3 and Xbox.

I think I'll get this one for Christmas. :)

Ah so you were at Nintendo HQ yesterday as well. A colleague of mine was there as well and is going on about how good this is.

Rather annoyed he didn't inform me so I could come along seeing as it'll be me that has to review the thing when it's out.[/jealous]

Didn't get to play this, the Disney man left early and it was busy most of the day. :(

Didn't get to play this, the Disney man left early and it was busy most of the day. :(

You were busy hip thrusting more like.

Don't just stand there, man. Give us details!

Mickey was in it!

I'll get around to writing up the impressions soonish. Maybe tonight?

Mickey was in it!

I'll get around to writing up the impressions soonish. Maybe tonight?

Surely what you meant was:

Mickey was in it!