N-Europe

City or Country?

navarre

City or Country?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. City or Country?

• City
    • Country

Running around naked gets boring? Surely you jest?!

You have to keep in mind the kind of area we live in. I'm actually having to go from my village to Martinist's just to find women. This is how clan wars got started back in ye olde days. Right now I'll settle for any lassie with a relatively short mustache.

You have to keep in mind the kind of area we live in. I'm actually having to go from my village to Martinist's just to find women. This is how clan wars got started back in ye olde days. Right now I'll settle for any lassie with a relatively short mustache.

Oh Jesus, where I'm from there are huge "gangs" from the villages.

I'm sure if they were to be dropped in London they would wet themselves.

As I'm sure the ones from London would be if they were dropped in Africa.

Well yeah obviously its swings and roundabouts as far as pros and cons go but overall I'm happier in a city for reasons mostly listed but also because (as much as it sucks sometimes) public transport. I really don't want to drive :p

I've grown up in Newport, which only got declared a City around 6 or 7 years ago, I think. So, for the most part, it's a town. Then, when I moved to Brighton to study, I saw the awesome features of living in a bigger city. There's a lot more things to do, it seems like there's more "life" there. Plus, there's so many people, so you make new friends and meet people very easily.

I haven't had much experience of the countryside. The one thing that I don't like about living in Newport or sometimes being in a city is the fact that it can look quite ugly. Sometimes there is a lot of tackiness that you see in places, and the noises that you hear, and then you realise why people walk around with faces liked smacked arses.

My Mum has talked about moving to the countryside, because it's peaceful. So, maybe one day, but I don't think I ever will with my family as it is. They wouldn't like it, and I'm not sure I would too, because I would feel a bit too cut off from the rest of civilisation. At the moment, I still feel very young and want to be able to meet as many new people as possible, and I think it's easier to do that in a bigger town or city, perhaps. But, I think one day when I have a house of my own, I would like to live in a more scenic place, where there's lots of trees and lots of space all around.

Funny story about running around naked. A friend of the family is a Parole Officer, and one of her paroles (a 300lb women) was hopped up on drugs (or not taking the prescribed ones) and running around the streets of the city stark ass naked....she was tazered 3 times before she went down.

Country is better to live in, City is just more convenient...

Agreed. My little vilage in England had 6 buses go through a day. But the village was beautiful with some gorgeous walks through quiet tree-lined avenues, little hamlets on the narrow empty roads, the gentle glow of warming house-lights through latticed windows...

Now I live in Shanghai: its' big, dirty, not even slightly quiet and all the parks and gardens are fully landscaped to the backdrop of some of the ugliest buildings in the world.

...however, there's always a taxi you can hail when you need one (except in the rain) the metro system is cheap fast and convenient. If it's 9pm and I fancy a late dinner, out I go to a restaurant that closes at 4am. Hell, I can even go clothes shopping until 10pm in most places.

I guess... country for life, city for living.

I'm a city boy, but I've never really had any much experience of the countryside, so I can't really say I've got the most informed of decisions, I do have a feeling it wouldn't be for me though. I go out alot and need places to go/things to do(though then again alot of it is chilling in parks and stuff) but most of all I need my transport links! That's the one good thing about where I am, transport could be alot worse. I dunno how I'd feel about living up in central though. I think I'd like it, but I can't be sure.