NEurope
Kirkatronics

Do You Ever Want Kids?

I see myself having children at some point, just not for a long time. For most reasons already posted, I want to be financially sound, have a great wife/partner and be all prepared mentally.

Unfortunately I tick none of those boxes at the present moment in time.

times running out dude :heh:

I'm having nooo kids. I'm not passing even a chance of getting my ridiculous genetics. My parents are cousins so i'm basically a genetic throwback - wouldn't wanna give that to anyone.

What about adoption?

I'd love to have kids. Having many a younger sibling has left me with a lot of hands on experience with babies too, I love the damn things!

I think I'll probably go the adoption route, it just seems like the right thing to do. Thinking of all the kids out there without parents makes me feel really sad.

No, no, no, NO!

I get along with kids just fine, I don't even mind being an aunty if my sister ever has a child, but for me its out of the question. I couldn't until I can at least look at a pregnant woman without feeling alittle bit sick, never mind if I had a large belly myself with a baby.

Its not something I'd even remotely consider doing, its just not for me.

Yes definitely. A boy & a girl! Not more than that. But I will pray to God that they turn up to be faithful, obedient and caring to their parents when they grow old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already forced the abortion of two.

I will do this again until I find a girl whose placenta I would like to eat.

Adoption: The Awesome Option!

There's your advertising campaign.

I would like to have a daughter one day (as a combo breaker, not been a daughter born into this rotten geneology for over 100 years (ignoring the probably-not-my-sibling's-fetus)) called Lilly.

But not til im at least 30. I want to be finacially secure (or, at least more so than now) and have settled a bit more. As I still have no idea what I'm doing with myself.

And whoever asked, this thread pops up every few months.

I think its great to adopt. Thers a stigma with it, people think they wont be able to love them as much as their own child.

times running out dude :heh:

I'm having nooo kids. I'm not passing even a chance of getting my ridiculous genetics. My parents are cousins so i'm basically a genetic throwback - wouldn't wanna give that to anyone.

Adopt :)

I think its great to adopt. Thers a stigma with it, people think they wont be able to love them as much as their own child.

Adopt :)

I'm not against adoption at all but I'd have to be in the right place mentally and money-wise.

I'd love to adopt in the future, but I'd have the niggling feeling that the child just wasn't my own. As in, I would love to bring up a child that is effectively a part of myself, rather than bring up a child that isn't. If that makes any sense. Though, I think when I'm at an age where I can seriously consider having a child, my opinion will probably differ.

Plus, money. Considering I plan on becoming a journalist, I'm going to have no money whatsoever. Fail.

I'm not against adoption at all but I'd have to be in the right place mentally and money-wise.

The adoption agencies make sure your redy anyway. So you wont get one too early.

I'd love to adopt in the future, but I'd have the niggling feeling that the child just wasn't my own. As in, I would love to bring up a child that is effectively a part of myself, rather than bring up a child that isn't. If that makes any sense. Though, I think when I'm at an age where I can seriously consider having a child, my opinion will probably differ.

Plus, money. Considering I plan on becoming a journalist, I'm going to have no money whatsoever. Fail.

I understand what you mean.

Its not that straight forward, the only difference is you wont have the instant connection like you do with your own. Kids grow on you though, you develop emotions for them as you get attached.

I want children, but not my own.

ReZ... Stay away from schools.

Surely that makes it better, as they'll have family members to play with and grow up with.

Good point...now I just need to find someone to have kids with.

The idea of you being allowed into the gene pool, even in the shallow end, disturbs me.

I'm guessing this is in regards to what I said about the queen?

Yes i want kids. Not yet though 24 is too young i think. Dont really know when. Had a scare last year but she got rid of it apparently. I dont think she was even pregnant think she was just a slag.

Yes i want kids. Not yet though 24 is too young i think.

In my family 24 is old for having kids.

In my family 24 is old for having kids.

Well its 2 young for me anyway haha.

These things are rarely planned well in advance if not in a relationship- you never know what the future holds

One day, not in my plans for a long time though! If it happens, it happens i guess. I did get someone pregnant once but she freaked out, tried to commit suicide and ended up aborting the baby instead. Oh what a fun week that was, nearly lost my job through it all as well. True story. The psycho bitch actually thinks there's a chance of us getting back together too, a year on and she still hasn't given up despite the fact i'm seeing someone else.

Rez, any chance on some advice on restraining orders? :p

One day, not in my plans for a long time though! If it happens, it happens i guess. I did get someone pregnant once but she freaked out, tried to commit suicide and ended up aborting the baby instead. Oh what a fun week that was, nearly lost my job through it all as well. True story. The psycho bitch actually thinks there's a chance of us getting back together too, a year on and she still hasn't given up despite the fact i'm seeing someone else.

Spooky, more or less exactly the same thing happened to me, word for word! Mine involved more viscious lying though, to be honest, I'm not sure what was true and what wasn't! I try my best not to think about it!

Laws? Costs? Type? I'm something of an expert.

yes definately =) preferable married at the time - with a house / job....

and with a certain / nando / as well =)

since i dont plan on getting married till im 23/24 and you want a year or 2 of married life before the pitter patter of tiny feet - i say 25/26 would be a good age =)

Laws? Costs? Type? I'm something of an expert.

Yeah but you're an expert of the other end of the restraining order.

Yeah but you're an expert of the other end of the restraining order.

Actually you can legally take out a restraining order against someone that has a restraining order on you. Whichever one expires first, makes both expire. Its a wonderful little loophole. :)