N-Europe

Gaming & Inspiration

Are you insipred by the games you have played? If so, to what extent/effect?

I am most notably inspired by the ninja-ry characters like: Sheik, Raiden, Strider, Ibuki etc... As a fighter, I feel this fictious inspiration adds to my style and my mentality. In fact I would go as far as to say my love for Sonic is what inspired me to be a fast runner.

I find myself at odds, because I get a lot of inspiration from gaming, but then often give up on gaming as I get too addicted and find myself wasting precious time. Its a hard scale to balance.

This is a somewhat nerdy question but wgaf? We are the leader of gaming culture!

Tales of Legendia inspired me to hate things. Before playing this I'd just stop playing a game if it wasn't my thing - but after enduring enough of this game, I was motivated to snap the disc in two. It's so easy to hate games now. Thank you Legendia.

pokemon has made me interested in anime.. From there i watched dragonball and kept going to more serious ones like death note.

Tales of Legendia inspired me to hate things. Before playing this I'd just stop playing a game if it wasn't my thing - but after enduring enough of this game, I was motivated to snap the disc in two. It's so easy to hate games now. Thank you Legendia.

lol that's one good post. I feel this way about most jrpgs to be honest.

Skies of Arcadia told me that some things aren't impossible, and that I should try harder to get what I want/need.

"'Impossible' is just a word people made so they could feel better about themselves when they give up."

Grandia II warned me not to get involved in religion or anything related because important religious figures might be two-faced people who pretend to act holy and divine but are really insane bastards hell-bent on ending the world.

And Guitar Hero and Rock Band confirmed my belief that rock music can be really fucking awesome most of the time, as well as widening my musical horizons.

I would genuinely say that Fallout 3 motivates me to be more aware of what I'd do if a post-apocalyptical world suddenly occured. In the same vein, the original Resident Evil games, too, make me weigh up my habitat for prolongued life with zombies.

Beautiful Katamari's narrative father-figure constantly challenges the reason why you even play games, and the script does tend to make me think about life in general... But I really don't think that, besides these examples, I could say my life has been altered or inspired by computer games.

Movies? Yes.

How does Tales Of Symphonia influence your everyday life?!

Its a game you really need to look at deeply to really "get". There are some really important themes that are represented in it. You just need to look close. Especially once you get to tethealla(SP, I really should know how to spell that...).

Its a game you really need to look at deeply to really "get". There are some really important themes that are represented in it. You just need to look close. Especially once you get to tethealla(SP, I really should know how to spell that...).

I know, it's a brilliant game, with a much better story/themes than it's contemporaries, but really, it was nothing new to me. ::shrug:

Movies? Yes.

This.

I was obsessed with Sonic when I was a child and now as an adult, I seem to have an abnormally fast pair of legs. Maybe its inspiration or perhaps its just a coincidence. I'm a fast walker and enjoy long distance running.

Are you a boxer, King V?

As for which games have inspired me, it's really the ones that show me how good escapism can be. I've always liked drawing, and ever since I was about 14 I've been creating comic strips and fictitious worlds. I've actually got a sketchbook right now which is devoted to creating a fantasy RPG world (generic, I know) with the aim to making a comic book.

For example, when I play something like Dragon Quest VIII, I ask myself "Why does this feel more magical than Lord of the Rings or Final Fantasy?" I try to look at the construction work on the buildings, the general tone of the game, use of colour, overworld design and town spacing/layouts.

It's the same with Wind Waker - "Why is this so great? Why does it make me feel so good?" I try to understand why the games make me feel the way I do, and then see if I can recreate that, without actually copying.

Tales of Symphonia continues to inspire my everyday life in too may ways to list.

You go around battling people in really akward and horrible ways?

Waits to be flamed

I find myself rather inspired by Pokemon as I do like to hunt foxes, every now and again I will capture one to let it fight another fox.

Are you a boxer, King V?

As for which games have inspired me, it's really the ones that show me how good escapism can be. I've always liked drawing, and ever since I was about 14 I've been creating comic strips and fictitious worlds. I've actually got a sketchbook right now which is devoted to creating a fantasy RPG world (generic, I know) with the aim to making a comic book.

For example, when I play something like Dragon Quest VIII, I ask myself "Why does this feel more magical than Lord of the Rings or Final Fantasy?" I try to look at the construction work on the buildings, the general tone of the game, use of colour, overworld design and town spacing/layouts.

It's the same with Wind Waker - "Why is this so great? Why does it make me feel so good?" I try to understand why the games make me feel the way I do, and then see if I can recreate that, without actually copying.

Nice input :)

I'm just a Taekwondo fighter... The antithesis of boxing. :)