Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Unemployment, travelling and smoking thread. Apparently.

Dyson

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Ashley! (btw you smell like ass face!)

You'd know wouldn't you ass face?

Thanks peeps :D

And Mur; its disability support worker. Basically I go to lectures (with or without the student if they are capable (which I'm personally reading 'can be bothered to' :heh:)) and take notes, then type it up and send it off to the student. So its all the fun of lectures with none of the pressure of remembering anything :heh:

Considering most of the people from my course failed or are retaking a year and/or semester I could end up in a class full of people I know.

You'd know wouldn't you ass face?

Thanks peeps :D

And Mur; its disability support worker. Basically I go to lectures (with or without the student if they are capable (which I'm personally reading 'can be bothered to' :heh:)) and take notes, then type it up and send it off to the student. So its all the fun of lectures with none of the pressure of remembering anything :heh:

Considering most of the people from my course failed or are retaking a year and/or semester I could end up in a class full of people I know.

Do you take like a dictaphone [Home Alone always made me want to have one] avec camera to film shit?

Well, I got a phone call the day before yesterday from Hayes Education, my teaching agency. The lady there had got me some work! I spent yesterday morning teaching World War 2, The Haka (!!!) and The Witch's Spell from Macbeth to Year 6 Pupils. The school was in Ystad Mynach, just past Caerphilly, took me about an hour on two trains to get to it. But, had a lovely time there. The headmistress told me that there is a job coming up soon and that I should go for eet.

I rang my agency today and got told that the school liked me, wohoooo. I'm going to another school on Wednesday morning for some more supply work. Hopefully something will come up next week as well. :)

I'm a supply teacher, baaaaby.

I'm actually getting the support Ashley will be delivering for my uni course. I'm getting my own Dictaphone but filming something would be a huge waste of time. (I'll also be getting slides and notes from lecturers)

Not to be rude or nosey, but are how are you able to have this? I didn't know you had a "disability" as such?

you need a beard, then.

I thought teachers got beards during the holidays? I went for coffee with my teacher friend (/brother from another coloured mother) during the summer and he was sporting a holiday beard.

Not to be rude or nosey, but are how are you able to have this? I didn't know you had a "disability" as such?

I think Dan is dyslexic. The whole system (which I'm now part of :p) is stupid really. Any disability, from dyslexia to deafness is treated the same. Get a lump sum of money for "books", dictaphone (although I suppose deaf people don't get that...), a computer/laptop, printer and what not.

Dan's got gaids.

Congrats ash and Flink! I am currently too tired to feel envious of your better pay, hours, and benefits.

I said today "I don't work weekends" which felt fucking great. I'm also looking forward to my month off at xmas :D

Congrats Flink. Teach your little socks off!

Edited by Ashley

I thought teachers got beards during the holidays? I went for coffee with my teacher friend (/brother from another coloured mother) during the summer and he was sporting a holiday beard.

I think Dan is dyslexic. The whole system (which I'm now part of :p) is stupid really. Any disability, from dyslexia to deafness is treated the same. Get a lump sum of money for "books", dictaphone (although I suppose death people don't get that...), a computer/laptop, printer and what not.

I said today "I don't work weekends" which felt fucking great. I'm also looking forward to my mother off at xmas :D

LAAAAAWL :P

I think Dan is dyslexic. The whole system (which I'm now part of :p) is stupid really. Any disability, from dyslexia to deafness is treated the same. Get a lump sum of money for "books", dictaphone (although I suppose death people don't get that...), a computer/laptop, printer and what not.

I said today "I don't work weekends" which felt fucking great. I'm also looking forward to my month off at xmas :D

I still regret not claiming for my dyspraxia after seeing all the sweet shit and extra time in exams my mate with dyslexia got.

My mate defiantly just had dyslexia and to be fair he probably needed the extra time but the equipment was over the top imo. Dyspraxia is a bit different I don't know if any extra time would have helped me cause of the nature of it. I would have liked shiny things though.

Congrats to Flinky btw I always had faith!

Yeah, but you may as well exploit what you can. People do that in life, even if it's not fair. Life isn't fair.

I'll get extra time in written exams, and could probably claim I need extra time for deadlines on written work, as I have a mild, unusual dyslexic profile (shite at maths, good at English, which is rare for someone to be diagnosed with a dyslexic profile).

I'm allowed to exploit that, so I will (If I feel the need to).

(Plus in exams I genuinely needed the extra time)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!