Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

If Spurs get back into this game with Sunderland, I will be disgusted :hmm:

Obviously, as a Liverpool fan :heh:, I am desperate for the teams around us to drop points in order for us to possibly sneak 4th.. but given the amount of chances Sunderland have had to put the game to bed against Tottenham, I fear a sting in the tail :sad:

EDIT ..and here we go, 2-1 :mad:

Edited by nekunando

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been travelling today, as I'm visiting The Ine. So, managed to find a pub in London to watch the game before catching the Eurostar. Somehow also managed to make friends with a guy from Croatia and Zimbabwe. London, what a place, haha.

The game itself was disappointing. We didn't look anywhere near up for the game. All this talk of how we would cope without Rooney was a complete waste of time...we should have been focusing on how the midfield would cope against Chelsea's, and the truth is they battered us in midfield, particularly in the first half.

Second half we were a little better, but we couldn't get the ball up to Berbatov. He must have had about two chances in the whole game, and I don't think any other striker would have faired any better with those attempts. Yeah, Drogba's goal was offside, but the fact was we were poor in midfield for the second time in a week and we just didn't look up for the challenge. Disappointed that we didn't close them down quicker, and that we gave them too much time on the ball.

I've been travelling today, as I'm visiting The Ine. So, managed to find a pub in London to watch the game before catching the Eurostar. Somehow also managed to make friends with a guy from Croatia and Zimbabwe. London, what a place, haha.

The game itself was disappointing. We didn't look anywhere near up for the game. All this talk of how we would cope without Rooney was a complete waste of time...we should have been focusing on how the midfield would cope against Chelsea's, and the truth is they battered us in midfield, particularly in the first half.

Second half we were a little better, but we couldn't get the ball up to Berbatov. He must have had about two chances in the whole game, and I don't think any other striker would have faired any better with those attempts. Yeah, Drogba's goal was offside, but the fact was we were poor in midfield for the second time in a week and we just didn't look up for the challenge. Disappointed that we didn't close them down quicker, and that we gave them too much time on the ball.

Hargreaves is back soon (in the squad against Bayern). He could still make a difference this season.

I think the real worry now is, can you pick up your game against Bayern Munich and score a goal!

Our goals depend on how well the midfield play. I think a lot of people wrongly believe that Rooney just plucks his goals out of thin air. If our midfield don't turn up, we don't score. If the team are not up for it next week, then I guess it's fair to say that we don't deserve to go through. How can anybody not be up for a Champions League Match, or a big Premier League Clash?

Hargreaves is back soon (in the squad against Bayern). He could still make a difference this season.

I doubt it. He's played about 45 minutes+ in the reserves and I don't think he's anywhere near fit enough to compete in the League yet. He'll get a few minutes or a cameo appearance towards the end of the season, but that's it. Next season is when he can rebuild again.

I dont think Hargo has been registered for the Champ League squad, instead Sir Alex took Ritchie De Leat!

It made more sense at the time, given our defensive woes. Also, we could be out of the Champions League next week and Hargreaves isn't match fit, so he did the right thing by taking another player who we were more likely to use.

You've now apparently won the game in injury time, 3 times in your last 6 games..the average for a premier team this season is 2.

Jammy bastards is an understatement :p

You can call it what you want but we were battering Wolves for the whole game, I don't even remember them having a shot at goal. It was inevitable that we'd score, we've got amazing desire and belief, no one gives up until its over. It's a commendable team spirit.

It's all down to Spurs to decide who wins this league.

Bah a bad day. We were shocking in the first half but improved in the second and looked like we were going to get the goal. I would have been happy with 1-1. Then Drogs scored. Heartbreaking. Offside. Linesman was right there so no excuses from him. Then we go score a goal with a handball. A few penalty claims for both sides too. Mike Deans a pleb, Possibly the biggest game of the season and so many dodge decisions.

We can still do it, but with only 5 games left it's gonna be tough. Gotta hope we win our remaining games which include a trip to City and also spurs and hope that Chelski slip up against Liverpool. Meanwhile got to hope Arsenal drop points somewhere as I wouldn't be surprised if The Woolwich leap frog us both.

It made more sense at the time, given our defensive woes. Also, we could be out of the Champions League next week and Hargreaves isn't match fit, so he did the right thing by taking another player who we were more likely to use.

Yea, I like the kid, he can play all across the back four which is kinda rare in a defender these days.

Oh and I think Sir Alex should have started Nani from the start off :/

Noticed this happened again yesterday (large filesize warning)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2798/4490083259_b94bf871c9_o.gif

:laughing:

Gerrard has gotta be thinking if rafa doesn't go I'm off. Seriously what was he thinking taking Torres off. Fit or not, you're 1-1 got you best player on there who could score, got what 5 goals in 6 and you replace him with someone that hasn't scored for like 6 months or more. Joke. But as I hate Liverpool it's actually really funny.

FML. Just finished packing my stuff for tomorrow to see news that Rosicky is 50:50. Last weeks injuries took the piss, the fact we're now not got Song and both Campbell and Rosicky are touch 'n' go, leaves us bare bones. At this rate we'll have to hope Fran Merida steals the headlines back on home turf.

We deserve to go back to the Premiership for all our hard work.

We deserved to be relegated because we didn't work hard enough.

Let's now spend a few seasons building up strength, hovering just below mid-table to remind us how far and how easily we can fall. Then let's leverage our strength, hard work and self-respect to launch ourselves into the European places.

We've tasted humble pie and we earned the dish, now let's not taste it again.

Well done to Newcastle for getting promoted back to the top flight. It was very strange seeing you go down in the first place. It's one of those things that you know could happen, but you don't think it will.

I'm oddly excited by Arsa-Barca Part II. I don't like Arsenal, but I would be chuffed for them if they could go there and do something special. Although, we would never hear the end of it...

Thank God Ramar is away for a day or so whatever the result :p

I can't believe I'm saying this but...come on ARSEnal! Make it a good game, or try to at least.

Inter Milan apparently dominated CSKA Moscow. Whilst I can't say I'm surprised. I'm now considering them as perhaps a strong contender for the title now seeing as how consistent they seem to be.

You can't deny it, Messi has been sublime, he's turned the tie totally in Barca's favour with a 21 minute hat trick. Unfortunate to concede Messi's 1st, it could all be a what could have been. The ref has been buying Barca's dives and seems firmly on their side, the Denilson Yellow is so not a yellow card.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!