Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

For someone who "never played" for Real Madrid amazing he played 35 games for them in one season really. If he keeps fit and I really think a lot of his injuries where down to the shambles of a club he was playing for I reckon hell get at least 35 matches for united. Actually im going to call it now, Michael Owen will play in at least 40 matches and score at least 15 goals for Manchester United next season.

I said to my brother earlier that I reckon he'll score somewhere between 10 and 15. 35 games is still a nice amount in one season, especially for someone considered a squad player.

Even he does score anywhere close to 15, I will be absolutely delighted. For a free transfer, Fergie will be laughing.

Newcastle was a troublesome time for him. Even then, when he played, he still had a decent record for them. Again, the problems were with fitness.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who "never played" for Real Madrid amazing he played 35 games for them in one season really.
How many of those were substitutions?... I doubt he was unhappy their and wanted to leave for no reason!

And I'm certaibly not expecting the Owen of old, but without match form and just 'coming on for those crucial last 10 minutes' I can't see him being of any real worth.

'A sub who can make a difference'... He was brought on to do exactly that in Newcastles final crucial deciding game last season, and he might as well have stayed in the changing room for the difference he made.

Edited by Retro_Link

How many of those were substitutions?... I doubt he was unhappy their and wanted to leave for no reason!

And I'm certaibly not expecting the Owen of old, but without match form and just 'coming on for those crucial last 10 minutes' I can't see him being of any real worth.

'A sub who can make a difference'... He was brought on to do exactly that in Newcastles final crucial deciding game last season, and he might as well have stayed in the changing room for the difference he made.

Maybe a lot of those were substitutions, but Real has always been a competitive club. At Liverpool, it was pretty much guaranteed he would start every game. It wasn't like that at Madrid. Probably not entirely down to his quality, but down to the club in general. Looking back on it, Michael probably regrets leaving for Madrid, as I don't think it did him any favours. To add insult to injury, the season after he left, Liverpool won the Champions League.

With regards to match form, he has joined Manchester United in early July. He was made to pass a "stringent" medical, assessing his injuries and his form at the moment. His form is definitely his biggest issue, but the United backroom staff will do the best they can for him.

He has joined at the right time, I think. Now he has enough time to train with the team, to get a good pre-season behind him, and to train to at least get himself up to match-fitness.

I think it would be unfair to blame him directly for all of Newcastle's misgivings at the end of last season. As a team, they were poor. They were on their fourth manager of the season, the team were low on moral and belief, and they played poor for the majority of the season. Actually, poor is putting it lightly.

That picture isn't right, and it's going to piss off a lot of Liverpool fans. But, I think Michael is a long, long way now from his roots back at Liverpool.

Don't know what to think about the whole Owen thing really. I'll give him a chance as I like Owen a lot and hope it works not only for United but for the player himself. Would be good to see him scoring week in week out and get back into the England team.

Hmmm interesting timez.

I honestly think getting Owen could be a very good deal for United, never thought there would be the day I saw this though.

MichaelOwen_2325092.jpg

..that just doesn't look right at all :sad: I understand why he wouldn't even have to think twice about joining them as it is a great opportunity for him and if he is given the supply, there is no doubt he knows where the goal is.. but, as a Liverpool fan, I kinda feel uncomfortable about it :hmm:

..that just doesn't look right at all :sad: I understand why he wouldn't even have to think twice about joining them as it is a great opportunity for him and if he is given the supply, there is no doubt he knows where the goal is.. but, as a Liverpool fan, I kinda feel uncomfortable about it :hmm:

I don't blame you for being uncomfortable with that. It must be similar to how Tottenham fans felt when Sol Campbell signed for Arsenal. I would feel a tad bit upset, too.

I don't blame you for being uncomfortable with that. It must be similar to how Tottenham fans felt when Sol Campbell signed for Arsenal. I would feel a tad bit upset, too.

Probably the same for me when Liam Ridgewell joined Blues. I just kept thinking "You rat-faced traitor bastard!" :nono:

..yeh.. I'm not saying I really wanted him back at Liverpool (though I wouldn't have minded him being back at all :heh:) but to now be holding a Manchester United scarf and wearing the shirt almost brings a tear to the eye :sad:

I can't blame him for going.. who wouldn't have done the same..? I would just have been a lot happier if he was back at Anfield (which he really shouldn't have left..) and not.. well.. you know..

Probably the same for me when Liam Ridgewell joined Blues. I just kept thinking "You rat-faced traitor bastard!" :nono:

I think the different thing with these situations is that the players jumped from one club to the rival. Its been a few years now since Owen was at Liverpool, and imo, I think he lost his loyalty to them when he joined Real Madrid, or when he came back to the Premier League at Newcastle. It must be upsetting to see a former player join a rival, and I would find it hard to come to terms with, too.

As for Iain Hume, did that bastard Morgan ever get punished for that? Good to see him recovering and getting back into the game though.

Nah, Morgan got away scot free (I don't actually think I know what scot free means really. It must have some kind of strange origin) :(

Anyway, Owen for United is a fantastic move by Fergie in my opinion.

I think he is going to be a serious challenger for the --->golden_boot.jpg

In an opinion largely unrelated to Manchester United, Capello has to take him seriously again in regards to the England squad now that he is playing for the top English team.

And for us when Tevez joins Man City :(

Doesn't really compare with Sol Campbell or Michael Owen, both of whom came through the youth ranks with 'their' club. And have since joined their main rival.

Tevez is nothing more than a Mercenary.

news.notreallybutmaybe.com

"Owen Home Defaced by Fans"

In a rather (but not at all) shocking result of Michael Owen's surprise free transfer to this year's Not-Winners of the Champion's League, Manchester United, football's favourite hospital bed warmer has had his home graffitied by unknown persons.

"Dirty Scumming Money-Hungry Unfaithful Lying Disloyal Shotarse" was daubed in 10ft high letters in red paint across the "star's" front door and windows.

Newcastle police are remaining tight-lipped about possible suspects, but an insider on the force tells us that they are preparing an attempt to arrest the whole city on a charge of telling the truth.

Michael Owen's career is about England and it has always been that way. Rafa knew Owen was not good enough and thats why he has never tried to get him back. Dunno why some liverpool fans have been asking for Rafa to sign him. That would of been such a step backwards.

I see Owen on Sky saying he has missed playing/training at a top club. Well Michael, why did you join newcastle after bailing out of madrid. Oh it must of been that £110,000 per week wages I guess.

Funny thing is, Souness didnt even want owen. He wanted Anelka but the club signed owen instead.

All my liverpool shirts with owen on the back have hit the bin. Sorry but no one who ever even claims to have loved liverpool would have anything to do with playing for united. The worst thing is i can see him being the signing of the summer >.>

All my liverpool shirts with owen on the back have hit the bin. Sorry but no one who ever even claims to have loved liverpool would have anything to do with playing for united. The worst thing is i can see him being the signing of the summer >.>

Oh, please.

What's he going to do, sign for Hull instead?! You lot didn't want him back, you can't expect him to choose a relegation fight over a title fight and a great chance to get back into the England set up?

Oh, please.

What's he going to do, sign for Hull instead?! You lot didn't want him back, you can't expect him to choose a relegation fight over a title fight and a great chance to get back into the England set up?

He had weeks to join any club, who knows what offers could have come in. He jumped at the first chance, the rivals of the team that made him the player he is. You can hardly blame any Liverpool fan for being pissed off.

He had weeks to join any club, who knows what offers could have come in. He jumped at the first chance, the rivals of the team that made him the player he is. You can hardly blame any Liverpool fan for being pissed off.

Yeah but who in their right mind is gonna say "no I don't want the chance to play with the current champions and compete for trophies next season, instead I'll turn them down and wait for more offers that may never come"

Considering the likes of Blackburn actually turned him down and the only teams being seriously linked to him were Hull and the like he was probably thinking that he'd never play at the top level again. You can't blame the guy for taking such a chance to resurrect his career.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!