Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

I like the fact they are trying to break the top 4 up a bit.

Can't decide if it's that or if Liverpool's form earlier on made them think "Oh no, what if one of the big four finish fifth in the coming seasons? We must give them another chance or all the foreign glory hunters might lose interest and start following another league."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Benitez goes at the end of the season, im getting really sick of him. Especially having to watch bloody Ngog upfront on his own every match, the guy is a pansy who I really think would struggle to get into any other Premiership starting 11.

Aye, Ngog doesn't inspire confidence. I was glad Pacheco got on because he looked lively the couple of other times he's played. He's in danger of being a decent buy!

What about Fulham? Corker of a goal from Bobby Zamora.

I watched the highlights of all the matches last night and it looked like United were completely outplayed for the whole match. Milan were battering away but just couldn't finish their chances. Even after Clarence scored his sublime goal to get it back to 3-2, Milan still had chances to get it to 3-3 after that.

If they play with a fraction of that cutting edge at Old Trafford, but manage to actually get the ball into the back of the net it should be plain sailing. :wink:

We were outplayed for about 80% of the first half, but we had a lot more of the ball in the second. Ronaldinho ran the show, and every good piece of play they had went through him. Both defences were bad. Rio and Jonny probably had their worst games of the season, but to score 3 at their place and be only the second English team to win there is great.

They won't get anywhere near the amount of chances in the second leg. I expect things will be tightened up before then, and an early goal or two should kill the game off.

I was out last night but briefly saw Liverpool celebrating their goal on the tv screen. I was pretty gutted to say the least. :p

Very disappointed right now.

Only managed to watch the last 15 minutes of the Everton vs United game and for all the possession United had after going behind there was just nothing there, no spark, no creativity. Just made it that much easier for Everton to defend. Pretty poor defending, as seems to be the norm nowadays, from United. God we need Vidic back.

Can't really comment on the whole game but from what I saw Everton clearly deserved it...

Everton certainly deserved the win. United were dreadful today, despite good performances by Neville and Berbatov. Rooney bottled it, perhaps the 'best player in the world' talk has got to him. Rodwell's goal was fantastic, showed an awful lot of class and composure. There's a remarkable amount of young English talent, the national team in 6 or 7 years could well make the impact that was so often promised by the 'golden generation'.

Eboue had the game of his life for us today. Well chuffed for the bloke, I've probably said it a few times on here (if not other forums I visit) but since he got boo'd he's been a completely different player. He's improved so much, and it's great to finally see him getting some recognition for that.

Cant help but feel sorry for Portsmouth after that result. I only caught the last 30mins-ish, but it was all just Pompy attacking, looking for the 3 points... then the first time Stoke entered their half they got the winner in the 91st minute (good play from Fuller though. nice to see him actually pass as well :o).

I'm not that surprised that Everton put three past us today. Aside from Evra, who has been class all season, and some standout performances from Jonny Evans, we have been quite bad at the back this season. Another no-show from Vidic? Wes brown was brilliant at right back in the season where we won the Champions League, but he's now fourth choice at centre-back. Defensively, we've not been a patch on how we were last season.

At the same time, well done, Everton. They have one hell of a team. Osman is a class act, Saha is probably the best striker they've had in years, and Landon Donavan is proving to be a success there. Also, like I pointed out the other week, they have a talented left-back in Leighton Baines. Great team. Great to see Arteta back in their team, now all they need is Jagielka, and maybe add a new centre-back to their team. If I could choose to lose to any team in the league, it would be them, as I really rate them. More than fucking Liverpool anyway. :heh:

Eboue had the game of his life for us today.

This came across on MotD. I noticed with Eboue that he was more of a threat than Walcott in the sense that, when Eboue was getting forward he was more likely to deliver an end product.

Cant help but feel sorry for Portsmouth after that result.

Yeah, I was willing Pompey to win that one. I didn't think Stoke deserved to win it.

If I could choose to lose to any team in the league, it would be them, as I really rate them. More than fucking Liverpool anyway. :heh:

Right ok... I'll just ignore this. :heh:

Another good home win for the toon, 12 goals in our last 3 home matches. If only we could take that kind of form on the road.

Aye. And it would be good if we could take it with us all the way back to the upper-mid-table of the Premiership as well.

Scotland squad to face Czech Republic on 3 March:

Goalkeepers: Alexander (Rangers), Gordon (Sunderland), Marshall (Cardiff City)

Defenders: Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Wigan), Dixon (Dundee United), Kenneth (Dundee United), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers) Whittaker (Rangers)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom) , Fletcher (Manchester United), Hartley (Bristol City), McCulloch (Rangers), McFadden (Birmingham), Robson (Middlesbrough), Thomson (Rangers)

Forwards: Boyd (Rangers), Fletcher (Burnley), Iwelumo (Wolves), Miller (Rangers)

My personal pick would be:

Gordon

Hutton, Berra, Caldwell, Wallace

Dorrans, Fletcher, Brown, Robson

Faddy, Boyd

Not a great squad really although it's pretty much the best we have available to us. I would not be surprised at all if we suffered 5 or so call-offs. Generally it's the Rangers players... I'm glad Alexander is in the squad as he's a great keeper. Also nice to see Boyd back as his goal scoring record is second-to-none.

Scotland squad to face Czech Republic on 3 March:

Goalkeepers: Alexander (Rangers), Gordon (Sunderland), Marshall (Cardiff City)

Defenders: Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Caldwell (Wigan), Dixon (Dundee United), Kenneth (Dundee United), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers) Whittaker (Rangers)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom) , Fletcher (Manchester United), Hartley (Bristol City), McCulloch (Rangers), McFadden (Birmingham), Robson (Middlesbrough), Thomson (Rangers)

Forwards: Boyd (Rangers), Fletcher (Burnley), Iwelumo (Wolves), Miller (Rangers)

My personal pick would be:

Gordon

Hutton, Berra, Caldwell, Wallace

Dorrans, Fletcher, Brown, Robson

Faddy, Boyd

Not a great squad really although it's pretty much the best we have available to us. I would not be surprised at all if we suffered 5 or so call-offs. Generally it's the Rangers players... I'm glad Alexander is in the squad as he's a great keeper. Also nice to see Boyd back as his goal scoring record is second-to-none.

For me.

Gordon

Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Wallace

Brown , Fletcher, Adam, McFadden

Fletcher, Boyd.

Anyway on the topic of international football, I can't be the only one thinking Capello should take a punt on Bobby Zamora for our next friendly.

The man's on decent form for Fulham and knocking in some quality strikes. I might even consider dropping my Heskeymania for him if it works.

Anyway on the topic of international football, I can't be the only one thinking Capello should take a punt on Bobby Zamora for our next friendly.

I think he deserves his chance cos I think he's got what it takes. I've been a fan of his since he played for Brighton and its good to see Bobby finally come into a run of form in the Premiership. Roy Hodgson is a top manager and he's getting the best out of him.

How would Bobby Zamora fair at Liverpool? Better than Ngog surely...

And to the tune of "When the moons in the sky like a big pizza pie" we have:

When the balls in the goal,

Its not Shearer or Cole,

Its Zamora!

: peace:

Anyone catch MotD 2 last night? They had Slavan Bilic on with Chilesy and Alan Hansen. Bilic was calling everything as it was instead of prattling around with constant clichés.

I did watch that. I was pretty shocked to see him on there, on a Sunday night! I had to do a double take and say waittt, is that Slavan?!

I agree with you, he didn't beat around the bush much.

The man's on decent form for Fulham and knocking in some quality strikes. I might even consider dropping my Heskeymania for him if it works.

I back that and if Fabio stays to his word on picking in form players he should be picked and why not?

Could be our little black horse.

And to the tune of "When the moons in the sky like a big pizza pie" we have:

When the balls in the goal,

Its not Shearer or Cole,

Its Zamora!

Haha.. I remember singing that years ago whenever Scott Dobie scored :grin:

The way Zamora is playing at the moment he's definitely worth a punt in the next friendly, see how well he plays with the rest of the England team. Personally i've never really rated him, but you can't argue with his performances at the moment.

I don't think many more new people should be getting friendly appearances though; I think Capello should have a good idea of who's going and who's not, and he should be looking at how the fringe players work when put into the main team rather than playing a team of fringe players during the friendlies.

I wouldn't drop Heskey for him at the moment, but I probably would be more open to dropping Carlton Cole. He hasn't quite made it yet, so I think if anyone does get left behind, it'll be him.

I'm still in the corner, waving my flag for Leighton Baines, haha.

He should definitely be in the squad. He's been playing really well recently. I'm sure the commentators were saying that he's tipped to get a place at the weekend actually.

Just a heads up to any UK users who are concerned at the lack of FA Cup Replay coverage on TV. The Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace and Tottenham vs Bolton games will be streamed live for free on the FA's website.

You'll be able to access links for both games from 6pm here: http://www.thefa.com/FATV.aspx.

Looking forward to tonight, just hope Stiliyan has got over that sudden virus.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!