NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

Cookie dozer. Its free so you all better download it.

Also: Coin dozer is the more classic version and has more prize upgrades.

(think back to the 2p machines in the arcade, with the moving platform. Its basically that.)

Coin Dozer is amazing. I had previously completed it by getting all the prizes but they updated it today so now I have to go back and get two of every item. FML

Coin Dozer is amazing. I had previously completed it by getting all the prizes but they updated it today so now I have to go back and get two of every item. FML

hahaha yes! x5 more times!

Cookie dozer is basically the same as coin dozer, except you have to collect 6 "prizes" instead of 4. And its got cookies and cakes instead of coins and prizes :3

Yeah I got bored with Cookie Dozer for some reason. Coin Dozer ftw <3

I've decided Hipstamatic alone validates getting an iPhone (4). It's so slick. I've had so much fun with it.

I've decided Hipstamatic alone validates getting an iPhone (4). It's so slick. I've had so much fun with it.

Agreed, it's fantastic. I bought all the extras for it - a very fun app.

I wonder if Daft likes Hipstamatic ? :grin:

Helsing's Fire is indeed excellent

Yeah, sorry, that was like the 9000th time I posed about it but I want to spread the love. :D

The Tron app is meant to be out but I can't find it. :(

Hellsing's Fire is brilliant.

Anyone tried that new Star Wars game? Defence of Hoth or something?

In fairness FXCamera on Android does the same (seemingly, not had a play with Hipstamatic), it just doesn't have as good a name :heh:

You joking? It really isn't anywhere near as good. It doesn't do the same thing. You can change the len, the flash and the film which means the combinations you can choose from blows every other app out of the water. I wouldn't have praised it if it wasn't an astonishing app, FXCamera isn't even worth mentioning in the same sentence. The whole thing is about getting rid of the digital feel and it works so well.

Anyways, the Tron app is still not out on the bleeding UK Store. Apple/Disney FAIL.

I can't find Coin Dozer.

Comes up with Cookie Dozer though.

Even if I search the developers name...

Daft do you find Hipstamatic a bit slow/clunky sometimes? I open it up occasionally and it just hangs for about a minute.

Yeah, sometimes when I start it up it hangs, which is annoying, otherwise I haven't noticed it being slow or anything. Hopefully they fix the startup in the next update. Fingers crossed.

You joking? It really isn't anywhere near as good. It doesn't do the same thing. You can change the len, the flash and the film which means the combinations you can choose from blows every other app out of the water. I wouldn't have praised it if it wasn't an astonishing app, FXCamera isn't even worth mentioning in the same sentence. The whole thing is about getting rid of the digital feel and it works so well.

Anyways, the Tron app is still not out on the bleeding UK Store. Apple/Disney FAIL.

Its comparable. That review really doesn't show the full range of options available, particularly for Toybox mode.

Not saying its equal or better, just a free Android alternative.

It's not an alternative. Like I said, it can't even compare to the number of lens/film/flash combinations. Simple maths.

I don't have any 'Thanks' left so you can have a personalised one. :D

So we're now agreeing it is, linguistically, an alternative (The choice between two mutually exclusive possibilities - presuming few people own both an iPhone and an Android device) its just the worse version. I wasn't trying to say "don't get Hipstamatic, get FXCamera" but rather "similar[ish] exists on Android if anyone is interested".

Hipstamatic is nice and all but it won't convince me to convert.

Vignette on Android (£2.99) sounds like it would be a better comparison.

Yeah but I don't pay for apps :p

You can still play with it for a day then get a full refund when you uninstall.

Maestro: Green Groove is pretty good. There's a review of the DSiWare version on the main site.

I want my f*cking Tron app, Disney/Apple!!

So we're now agreeing it is, linguistically, an alternative (The choice between two mutually exclusive possibilities - presuming few people own both an iPhone and an Android device) its just the worse version. I wasn't trying to say "don't get Hipstamatic, get FXCamera" but rather "similar[ish] exists on Android if anyone is interested".

Hipstamatic is nice and all but it won't convince me to convert.

You might as well compare a Van Gogh with a Warhol. Obviously we weren't talking linguistically since I pointed out the detail of its functionality twice.