NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

FIFA 11 is £2.99 at the moment and is a great example of just what the iPhone can manage. I'm very very impressed by it.

FIFA 11 is £2.99 at the moment and is a great example of just what the iPhone can manage. I'm very very impressed by it.

I agree. Although it runs superbly on my iphone4 but...on the iPad it's horrendously slow and almost unplayable.

::shrug:

Pes 2011 is out and is just as good as FIFA 11. Shame there is only one stadium and no commentary but the gameplay and controls trump FIFA (barely).

Glad I got it for the champions league mode and the different passing game it has over FIFA.

Has anybody got Cut The Rope? It's one of those stupidly addictive games like Angry Birds. It's 59p.

Do eet!!

Good game. Found it a bit easy up to Gift Box, Level 15 though. I'm now stuck solid. I know what I have to do, but it's proving to be hard to do it.

The 'Instagram' app is awesome and free. It's like Twitter for photos. I'm not sure If I'd use it instead of Twitter but it searches for users through the phone which is always ace. The photo filters are also pretty cool.

Yeah! ChuChu Rocket out now on the app store!!

£2.99 though :/ but with an online mode

EDIT. Sorry, I thought it was online but the WiFi is only for local multiplayer. What the...?

Edited by Dog-amoto

Ok so I am now in possession of an iPad that I have borrowed from a educational support company testing it for work really but what free apps are there that are worth trying

Daft loves Hipstamatic!

I don't pay attention to photo apps cause my iPhone's camera is shit, but I remember him going on and on about it.

I've not really been buying many apps of late... dunno why to be honest.

How is the Halloween Angry Birds?

Ok so I am now in possession of an iPad that I have borrowed from a educational support company testing it for work really but what free apps are there that are worth trying

Photoshop perhaps

Google Earth

Check the free apps on the app store...top ten.

iBooks

Amazon Kindle

Gameloft HD trial games

don't really have many free apps.

To add to that list:

Flipboard

Zinio

Marvel Comics

DC Comics

Press Reader

Epicurious

Urban Spoon

Dropbox

Twitter

The best apps are paid though sadly. They're also nowhere near as cheap as their iPhone counterparts, it seems developers have caught on and aren't pricing everything stupidly low like they did with the iPhone (I've noticed this on the WP7 marketplace too). Still, there's some sales on at the moment that are well worth checking out and some apps are universal, so buying the iPad version wouldn't be completely wasted.

I finally bought:

ipod_touch_4th_gen.jpg

only the 8GB model mind...

anyway tell me stuff to download. I'm mostly looking for games...heres whats on my list at the moment:

Robot Unicorn Attack

Angry Birds

Game Dev Story

Canabalt

Doodle Jump

Super Mega Worm

Cut the Rope

Plants vs Zombies

The Cube

What other £1ish/free games are there out there that are worth it?! Already downloaded a few bits:

Cube Runner

Flight Control

Ghosts'n'Zombies

Gun Bros

Lil Pirates

NinJump

Original WildGunman

Tap Tap Revenge 3

Topple

Who threw poo

Game Dev Story

Oh my God that game is addictive. Downloaded it after seeing your post there. First night I played it from 11pm-2am without a break. Time just flew by!

Try Star Wars Arcade: Falcon Gunner. New game which use Augmented Reality... Make sure you're either standing up or on a spinny chair though as you need to spin 360 degrees to be able to use the AR properly! You don't have to use AR though in which case you're fine sitting/lying down.

Oh my God that game is addictive. Downloaded it after seeing your post there. First night I played it from 11pm-2am without a break. Time just flew by!

Try Star Wars Arcade: Falcon Gunner. New game which use Augmented Reality... Make sure you're either standing up or on a spinny chair though as you need to spin 360 degrees to be able to use the AR properly! You don't have to use AR though in which case you're fine sitting/lying down.

Ok will try it out....Littlewoods are dumb asses for some reason my order was despatched reached Leeds ready for despatch to me then got sent back to them. So I've got to wait for that return to be processed and then reorder it.

Yeah I played the lite version of Game Dev Story on a borrowed ipod and loved it so definte purchase for me. I think ipod games deserved their own thread in other consoles....so we can discuss them in there etc... I started one years and years ago and was shot down because people said it would never catch on how foolish!

I think ipod games deserved their own thread in other consoles....so we can discuss them in there etc... I started one years and years ago and was shot down because people said it would never catch on how foolish!

I agree with you there. Start another one!

I agree with you there. Start another one!

ok I shall. We could even have a game club or something they are soooo cheap everyone can pick up stuff easily!

Soosiz is a fun little platformer - a bit like Mario Galaxy in 2D. Edge kept me busy for quite a while too, as did Peggle. Others you might like to try are Boxed In (a puzzler), Line Rider, Cat Physics, and Pocket Frogs, but it depends what you like, really.