NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

That reminds me: Bomboozle!

Only £1.79 on the app store :)

Seriously though, it's a great block puzzler. There's a lite version available too so you can give it a try for free.

Block puzzler?

I'm really confused.

"Bamboozle! - The Classic Teletext Quiz Game" is on the app store for 59p.

Twitter for iPad is out.

Just been having a play, seems very nice so far.

Awesome Note seems to be a great little app. Syncs with Google Docs too.

Also LOVE Adobe Ideas. It's really quite useful. Especially in combination with the Photoshop app.

I love my iPhone.

Edited by Daft

Have any of you signed up for game center yet? My ID is will' if anyone wants to add me.

No, I jailbroke my phone instead. Still been buying apps though, just nice to demo them.

Anybody got Words With Friends?

No Game Centre for me, not available on the 3G. Apparently it's too slow to handle it, although the identically spec'd iPod Touch 2G manages just fine. Maybe it'll appear in Cydia at some point?

Also the touch wouldn't need to be running all of the phone stuff in the background, that's probably enough to just push it into useable territory.

I don't get Game Center because I'm filthy and don't give Apple money each year.

I did however get my old phone back today.

The Creeps! is free for today thanks to FAAD. It's a pretty awesome tower defence game, and if you're anything like me you'll get right on it.

Its actually been free since the 6th so may end soon. I got it and loved it, gonna order some of the new levels next week.

Ok so two issues/things/questions I'm posting in here!

So firstly just before xmas I was planning on getting an iphone which I didn't get in the end, but with some left money from an itunes voucher I had bought some apps...flight control, mecho wars and one other which name escapes me...yet now they have vanished from my apps tab...I've gone into the store and picked flight control and it still has a price on it so is it free or not again?

Also I've been trialing an ipod touch last gen for work and am amazed by the large amount of cheap awesome games there are on it as a platform. So I'm thinking what is the cheapest most useable way I should go for buying one for gaming? 2nd Gen touch 8GB seems to be the most viable option? I'm not so bothered about multitasking but that still support gamecenter right? whats the cheapest ipod that does support multitasking out of curiosity?

'Chu Chu Rocket' coming to iPhone, iPad

Chu Chu Rocket has been announced for Apple devices.

SEGA will be porting the Dreamcast puzzle title to iPhone and iPad in October, according to Pocket Gamer.

As well as Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements, the iPad version will feature a multiplayer mode for up to four users on one device.

The title will feature all the stages from the Dreamcast original, multiplayer over local WiFi and Puzzle and Challenge modes.

Chu Chu Rocket was originally released in 2000 by Sonic Team.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a275787/chu-chu-rocket-coming-to-iphone-ipad.html

This is awesome news, I used to love Chu Chu Rocket on the DC and ive been waiting for someone to port it.

Ok so two issues/things/questions I'm posting in here!

So firstly just before xmas I was planning on getting an iphone which I didn't get in the end, but with some left money from an itunes voucher I had bought some apps...flight control, mecho wars and one other which name escapes me...yet now they have vanished from my apps tab...I've gone into the store and picked flight control and it still has a price on it so is it free or not again?

Also I've been trialing an ipod touch last gen for work and am amazed by the large amount of cheap awesome games there are on it as a platform. So I'm thinking what is the cheapest most useable way I should go for buying one for gaming? 2nd Gen touch 8GB seems to be the most viable option? I'm not so bothered about multitasking but that still support gamecenter right? whats the cheapest ipod that does support multitasking out of curiosity?

If you have bought apps on an iTunes account, you can redownload them again for free.

As for the iPod, you would probably be better off getting a 16gb 3rd gen one, as you will find noticeably better performance on games, and they will look better in a lot of cases. These are also the ones that do multitasking. The 8gb 3rd gen models used the old hardware.