NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

Does that not cost about £5? Go for the thetrainline app which I imagine does the same thing as NationalRail but is free.

Yeah it was something like that. Tis a really nice interface though. TheTrainLine app wasn't out when I bought. Downloading now and I'll let thee know whether it's practically the same. Thanks for the info though :)

Would you recommend this app for beginner guitar players? The price is a bit steep, if I buy this does it mean I won't need to buy a tuner? Cheers :)

Probably still would recommend GuitarToolkit at least. It's actually a really decent tuner. I doubt you'd find anything comparable for the same price. It's also really easy to set it up so you can tune to non standard tunings like Drop D. Saves the hassle of working out for yourself. Tis also a metronome and has a huage chord book included. So for what you get, £6 is pretty much a bargain.

EDIT: TheTrainLine app isn't far off. The National Rail apps interface is FAR nicer though. It also gives you current, live information about whether trains are late and such which TheTrainLine doesn't seem to do.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

EDIT: TheTrainLine app isn't far off. The National Rail apps interface is FAR nicer though. It also gives you current, live information about whether trains are late and such which TheTrainLine doesn't seem to do.

Cool, thanks for the comparison. Think I'll stick with TheTrainLine to save myself a fiver. :)

Cool, thanks for the comparison. Think I'll stick with TheTrainLine to save myself a fiver. :)

Yeah, don't blame you. Wouldn't have bothered either had it been out when I bought the National Rail one. It's better but not by a fiver.

iVideoCamera brings video recording to the iPhone 3G now, if anyone hasn't seen it. It works quite well actually, although obviously nothing compared to the 3GS camera it's certainly acceptable. Only 59p as well.

Anyone know a good app that allows you to set music as an alarm clock (fucking apple removing it when they put an external speaker on, morons)? I've seen a few but they tend to have mediocre reviews on iTunes.

Alarm Clock Pro, which is in the Top 10 paid apps at the moment, works fine for me..

Do you not plug your phone in at night though?

Alas, tis still annoying that they removed it. Wish they'd just let you use any track as a ringtone also. I know it's piss easy to make a custom ringtone in iTunes but it's just the extra hassle. You can use custom ringtones with the alarm clock if that's any help?

Also, anyone running out of space for apps? Not in terms of memory, just pages. Apple need to get their act into gear and add folders. Even folders of a single depth would be better than nowt.

Do you not plug your phone in at night though?

Alas, tis still annoying that they removed it. Wish they'd just let you use any track as a ringtone also. I know it's piss easy to make a custom ringtone in iTunes but it's just the extra hassle. You can use custom ringtones with the alarm clock if that's any help?

Touch.

And no, not as a general rule. In fact as a general rule I don't leave anything plugged in overnight :p

I can carry on using my phone as I do (nothing like Louis XIV screaming about sex to wake you up!) but was just wondering if any solutions existed. I'll just carry on being pissed off at Apple for making a fucking huge moronic decision.

You can use custom ringtones with the alarm clock if that's any help?

If that works then where's the problem? Making custom ringtones for free is ridiculously easy, you just copy the song, cut it to 30 seconds, drag it to your desktop, rename the extension to m4r and drag it back in, hey presto, ringtone.

The problem, for me, is that im on the Touch, not Phone :p And playlists would be preferable for those kind of day's off when I have to get up at a time-ish. I can lay in bed listening to music for a while. Not like when I HAVE to be up at a certain point. (That may only make sense to me)

Cheers Charlie, will check it out :)

If you have already bought an app then buy the same app again, will you be charged twice?

GTA Chinatoon is sublime. Controls are wonderfully mapped too! It's like the DS version with PSP graphics.

For the price you can't go wrong neither.

GTA Chinatoon is sublime. Controls are wonderfully mapped too! It's like the DS version with PSP graphics.

For the price you can't go wrong neither.

Got it the other day.

Basically, its the superior version for a quarter of the original's price.

Yeah it was an absolute instant buy for me. Great game. I reaffirm my love for the iPhone as a gaming platform. Just stunning. So many great original games at bargain prices. This is the future of casual gaming fo sho.

It's almost too cheap though. DS and PSP (hang on they can't as it is) won't be able to compete!!

Other apps by the way.

Sleep Cycle. Bizarre app. Kind of love it. Basically you put it next to your pillow and it monitors how you sleep. Your movement. And tells you how you slept. It will even wake you up at the best time around the time you set your alarm. A time when you're not in deep sleep.

Did I recommend tunein radio last time? If not, it's awesome. If you listen to the radio that is.

Sccop. Not a bad money saving app. Cost just over a quid though.

FLight Control. Good little game for not much money!

Ah, weird I got sleep cycle recently too. Did you read the Guardian (I think) article about it? Seems good though I keep forgetting to set it up before I crash.

Edit: Re Sccope. How do you find it? Saw it when it was featured and looked interesting but I already have Red Laser which seems pretty similar?

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

Broken Sword has been released for the iPhone!

The polished DS version I assume.

Sleep Cycle sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if I want an app to tell me how badly I sleep.

Plus "wakes you up when you're in your lightest sleep" sounds great but what if I have to wake up after little sleep. Surely you could easily overstep the intended time by an hour? (unless there's a 'no greater than 10 minute' clause)