NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a275787/chu-chu-rocket-coming-to-iphone-ipad.html

This is awesome news, I used to love Chu Chu Rocket on the DC and ive been waiting for someone to port it.

Jackanackanory.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a275787/chu-chu-rocket-coming-to-iphone-ipad.html

This is awesome news, I used to love Chu Chu Rocket on the DC and ive been waiting for someone to port it.

I didnt know there was a 16gb 3rd gen iPod?

Is it 32gb?

Is it 32gb?

For 3rd gen id only read about/seen 8gb (as you said, not the same hardware), 32gb and 64gb

For 3rd gen id only read about/seen 8gb (as you said, not the same hardware), 32gb and 64gb

Yeah just looked on Amazon and you're correct. The 4th gen 8gb might not be that much more expensive and you'll get even better hardware as the 8gb is the same as the rest this time around. If you don't need the storage, and you're buying it for games then the better hardware might be the better option for you.

If you have bought apps on an iTunes account, you can redownload them again for free.

As for the iPod, you would probably be better off getting a 16gb 3rd gen one, as you will find noticeably better performance on games, and they will look better in a lot of cases. These are also the ones that do multitasking. The 8gb 3rd gen models used the old hardware.

right ok thanks for the advice, will look into it.

EDIT:

can't find 16gb 3rd gen on either amazon or cex is their defintely one?!

EDIT:

So is this one no good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPod-touch-Launched-Sept/dp/B002MRRRP0/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284218607&sr=1-3

just it soooooo much cheaper than the newest ones £136 compared to £209 for 8GB.

Edited by flameboy

Nah that 8gb isn't really worth it, newer apps/games will most likely start to have trouble with the older hardware. I was thinking the same thing the other week when I bought mine, apparently they even struggle a bit with the new OS

Nah that 8gb isn't really worth it, newer apps/games will most likely start to have trouble with the older hardware. I was thinking the same thing the other week when I bought mine, apparently they even struggle a bit with the new OS

right ok...hmmmm so perhaps saving up the money is more worth it. The one I have from work is a 32GB last gen and seems to run fine so don't want something that won't run as well as that.

right ok...hmmmm so perhaps saving up the money is more worth it. The one I have from work is a 32GB last gen and seems to run fine so don't want something that won't run as well as that.

Yeah you're definitely better off saving up for the new 8gb one for £210. It sounds like storage isn't what you're after so definitely the best option for you. I noticed a massive difference playing Worms on my iPhone 3G compared to my iPhone 4 which is the jump you would pretty much be making. It was unplayable on 3G.

Plus you're getting the retina display which is a fantastic screen, which makes the old ones look really blurry. Games like Doodle Jump that have been optimised look amazing.

If it was storage as well as gaming you were after I'd say maybe get the last gen 32gb one, but you'll never fill up 8gb with games so I'd say go for that one.

Yeah you're definitely better off saving up for the new 8gb one for £210. It sounds like storage isn't what you're after so definitely the best option for you. I noticed a massive difference playing Worms on my iPhone 3G compared to my iPhone 4 which is the jump you would pretty much be making. It was unplayable on 3G.

Plus you're getting the retina display which is a fantastic screen, which makes the old ones look really blurry. Games like Doodle Jump that have been optimised look amazing.

If it was storage as well as gaming you were after I'd say maybe get the last gen 32gb one, but you'll never fill up 8gb with games so I'd say go for that one.

Yeah I have my music on my blackberry and a massive micro sd card and really good podcast catcher...so I'm not so bothered about using my ipod for that...although looking at cex could get a preowned 32GB at a price between £155-£195

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?rad_which_stock=1&stext=ipod+touch+32GB+3rd+gen&section=all

Current gen. A most heartfelt recommendation from someone with a two year old iPod touch that is starting to feel dated.

£189 direct from apple store.

Current gen. A most heartfelt recommendation from someone with a two year old iPod touch that is starting to feel dated.

ok cool cheers for the advice...

Agreed. The display alone is worth it.

Just picked up the iPad versions of both. £2.99 ain't too bad. Grabbed Slice It! (ingenious), Splashtop (OK) and Angry Birds at the same time.

Tried out this site after hearing good reports and it seems it works; itunescodes.co.uk

I've now got £75 worth of credit (5x£15 vouchers for £37.50) sitting in my account.

Edited by McPhee

Tried out this site after hearing good reports and it seems it works; itunescodes.co.uk

I've now got £75 worth of credit (5x£15 vouchers for £37.50) sitting in my account.

Awesome, if you're happy with the service I'm definitely going to get myself a decent amounts worth of codes tonight.

I've had no trouble with the codes and delivery was fast enough (just over 24 hours).

The Jailbreak is out for iPhone 3G and below :D Got multitasking, wallpapers, battery percentage, MyWi and SBSettings back. Well happy.

Is anyone here playing Pocket Frogs? I'm totally addicted to that at the moment..

The Jailbreak is out for iPhone 3G and below :D Got multitasking, wallpapers, battery percentage, MyWi and SBSettings back. Well happy.

Hasn't battery percentage always been an option in the settings?

Not for regular 3G phones.

Does anyone elses toggle for the battery percentage on the iPhone 4 not work/doesn't do anything?

New JB bored my phone when I was away in London. Ended up picking up a MiFi for the iPad and I think my Jailbreaking days are now over

Peggle Nights is finally available as an in-App purchase for £1.79! :D