Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Move

dwarf

What really impressed me was the sub-millimetre accuracy. Everything was really fast and accurate even when away from the screen. I loved how the archery with the Sony device involved pulling the arrow from behind the back.

Its the little extra things that go a long way. I wish em luck with the final device and i am sure their games are going to be great going by their output quality.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope looks better than the prototype...because at the moment its like WTF whereas the wiimote looks sleek.

Doesn't need to be perfect. Even the quirks can be used to get people talking. People are quite accepting of things like that anyway if the product delivers. I hope they think about it alot though rather than rush.

I agree with Diageo at the bottom of the last page. They are basically the same, so really it depends on what system you already own/can afford to buy, and what games you want.

Obviously.

Unlike Wii motion plus it was 1:1 with the player's movements and tracking much faster and accurately. You could get the arrow from behind your back. Use the stick precisely around the tv.

Indeed, it looks like a sex toy. It also stinks of SONY desperation. This however will not save them. A price cut would have been better news.

The ball is crucial to the design. I dont think consumers will care.

Price cut is never going to happen judging by e3. People are going to have to get used to the price as permanent as the Wii one.

I agree with the sentiments that it looks like a glow in the dark sex toy. (which may not be a bad thing...?)

However, I enjoyed the Tech Demo they showed during the conference and got more impressed as it went on. Such as the uses for the sword and shield. Very accurate! :)

Indeed, it looks like a sex toy. It also stinks of SONY desperation. This however will not save them. A price cut would have been better news.

If anything reeks of desperation, it's this post.

I agree with the sentiments that it looks like a glow in the dark sex toy. (which may not be a bad thing...?)

However, I enjoyed the Tech Demo they showed during the conference and got more impressed as it went on. Such as the uses for the sword and shield. Very accurate! :)

Yeah, that whole rape game came to mind. :heh:

I thought it was a bit lame until the sword fighting demo which was so stylised to look like Zelda.

The ball is crucial to the design. I dont think consumers will care.

Price cut is never going to happen judging by e3. People are going to have to get used to the price as permanent as the Wii one.

A price cut wouldn't do Sony any good. PS3s are selling at around the same rate as the 360 and with the much higher price in mind, that's good. When sales start to fall, which would be surprising considering the myriad of games that are coming, I can see Sony dropping it then. If that doesn't happen I suspect they'll drop it in the run up to Xmas to build the momentum.

If anything reeks of desperation, it's this post.

Before the PS3 was launched SONY basically crapped their pants and included the pretty useless sixaxis motion controls into their games. This led to the disaster that was Lair. Now, well into the lifecycle of the current generation SONY have decided to basically rip off Nintendo's input device as things aren't going well for them.

They are clearly not succeeding with their original strategy which they thought would bear financial fruit at the beginning of this generation. Now, they are flipping their strategy on it's head.

After all PS3 was meant to be a high end gaming and multimedia platform, justifying it's high price by the tech inside the box and a supposed long life span for a console.

Now SONY are in deep financial trouble, making huge loses again across all their divisions - gaming and otherwise, they are adopting a totally different direction in a bid to capture the casual gaming market which they had initially ignored. That from a business sense reeks of desperation - as did the announcement of sixaxis.

However the key to SONY's troubles is the high price point which will continue to put off most consumers who will see the Wii and the 360 as much better options.

What's more an added peripheral which will be purchased seperately well into the lifecycle of a console will not have the same effect as one that comes bundled with every console and is intergral to the system.

A price cut wouldn't do Sony any good. PS3s are selling at around the same rate as the 360 and with the much higher price in mind, that's good. When sales start to fall, which would be surprising considering the myriad of games that are coming, I can see Sony dropping it then. If that doesn't happen I suspect they'll drop it in the run up to Xmas to build the momentum.

Er... the only reason the PS3 is holding up on a worldwide scale is due to Japan and their dislike of the 360. PS3 is being outsold month on month in the US and not doing significantly better in the PAL territories.

Now SONY are in deep financial trouble, making huge loses again across all their divisions - gaming and otherwise, they are adopting a totally different direction in a bid to capture the casual gaming market which they had initially ignored.

What is this "totally different direction"? As far as I can see Sony are using exactly the same game plan as they used for the PS2.

Sigh.

This is why I tend to avoid the console boards these days, particularly the Nintendo one. Why does it have to come down to whether Sony are copying Nintendo or changing their strategy or what? Can't we just discuss the tech, and the possibilities it creates?

Sigh.

This is why I tend to avoid the console boards these days, particularly the Nintendo one. Why does it have to come down to whether Sony are copying Nintendo or changing their strategy or what? Can't we just discuss the tech, and the possibilities it creates?

Some of us are nice guys and gals.

Before the PS3 was launched SONY basically crapped their pants and included the pretty useless sixaxis motion controls into their games. This led to the disaster that was Lair. Now, well into the lifecycle of the current generation SONY have decided to basically rip off Nintendo's input device as things aren't going well for them.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!...Give it a rest. You have no idea what you are on about.

Pretty useless motion controls? You have no idea again. Games that do use the SIXAXIS, tend to integrate them well.

Lair? Still talking about a game that came out 2 years ago. Keep up.

Rip off Nintendo's idea? It's an advancement of the EyeToy. The EyeToy could track movement so adding a controller isn't really that different. Do you even know how the Wii works? It's the other way around, there is a very basic camera in the controller that picks up the sensor bar and that is where the Wii's limitations are. Ripping off? You think Nintendo invented motion sensing? Farcical. Interaction with technology as a whole is advancing, it's why iPods now have touch screen as do most phones. Your notion is so stupid, it's funny.

They are clearly not succeeding with their original strategy which they thought would bear financial fruit at the beginning of this generation. Now, they are flipping their strategy on it's head. After all PS3 was meant to be a high end gaming and multimedia platform, justifying it's high price by the tech inside the box and a supposed long life span for a console.

Now they are flipping their strategy on it's head? How? Sony have relaunched the PSP and have announced an amazingly strong line up for the PS3.

Now SONY are in deep financial trouble, making huge loses again across all their divisions - gaming and otherwise, they are adopting a totally different direction in a bid to capture the casual gaming market which they had initially ignored. That from a business sense reeks of desperation - as did the announcement of sixaxis.

They had initially ignored? 16 million units of SingStar sold says they didn't ignore it along with EyeToy. Totally different direction, yeah...

No.

However the key to SONY's troubles is the high price point which will continue to put off most consumers who will see the Wii and the 360 as much better options.

So you propose they drop the price and lose even more money?

What's more an added peripheral which will be purchased seperately well into the lifecycle of a console will not have the same effect as one that comes bundled with every console and is intergral to the system.

And this is why Sony are "flipping their strategy on its head"? Sony know it isn't going to have the same penetration. I'm pretty sure they don't need to be told buy some 12-year-old with a hard on for Nintendo.

It's amazing that you just can't appreciate that another company coming out with initiative and quality.

Maybe I am but I'm a pretty fair weathered one. I'll be damned if I'm buying inFamous and I'll be damned if I'm buying a PSP Go...okay, I might actually give into the second one but I really do like shiny new things.

I'm not going to stay loyal to a company if they don't do what I want. Hence why I never really wanted a PSP until the Go and why I really cannot wait for Metroid: Other M, seriously can't wait, and Golden Sun.

They are clearly not succeeding with their original strategy which they thought would bear financial fruit at the beginning of this generation. Now, they are flipping their strategy on it's head.

After all PS3 was meant to be a high end gaming and multimedia platform, justifying it's high price by the tech inside the box and a supposed long life span for a console.

Er... the only reason the PS3 is holding up on a worldwide scale is due to Japan and their dislike of the 360. PS3 is being outsold month on month in the US and not doing significantly better in the PAL territories.

You must live a very deprived life if all you do is come on to message boards and put a company down. I can't imagine you ever having sex.

I feel for you, i really do.

The date for this is Spring 2009. Sony are keeping the games under wraps.

sooooooo, moving back towards the topic, dya think this will get the 3rd party support?

Well deals for middleware are already done. So lets see.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!