NEurope

I think he means re-evaluate it in 6 months, which is a pretty sensible approach as there should be a decent selection of 'real' games out that support it by then.

^ True... I have a Move controller right in front of me right now, it won't be used properly until I get a decent original retail game to play on it that really shows what it can do.

So far Tumble is nice but I get the feeling that even buying the full game, it would still feel like a demo.

Tumble is a bit like an iPhone game for me. Great to dip in for 10/15 minutes, it requires a fair amount of concentration, but any longer and I'd probably get bored. Good controls, though. The whole aesthetic reminds me of Wipeout.

Who knew building blocks could be fun.

I only wish the demolition mode was more explosive. The mines you place are so lame.

Downloadable: Tumble

Disk Move only games: Sport Champions

DualShock and Move games: Resident Evil 5 Gold(not played).

Those are my personal top choices.

Sports Champions is very impressive technically and has abit of everything motion wise. I never knew until i read that the camera also tracks your body in some of the games as well as Move. So you have some Kinect/Eyetoy and Move mixed in there. Shame the game is barebones but the motion aspects are well beyond any other sports compliation.

Regarding pointing, I realised the pointer is not entirely a pointer in most games, its actually done by the controller. You can cover the ball and it will work fine at pointing. This is probably explains the extra control you have over Wii when it comes to things like drawing or lines etc. A pointer alone might be too sensitive?

Such a stupid decision by Sony not to have a USB port on the rear of the console.

This. This is thing i hate most about Move. If anyone has tips on how to make the front wire more discrete please tell. Or a discrete PS3 USB hub that hides it?

Edited by Choze

I like the idea but i'm not outlaying the money for it just to play with a demo disc. Especially with so many good games out now and the near future.

Well Move in it's first week it has only 'moved' 140,000 units across Europe and the Americas, what's more Sports Champions has only managed 100,000 copies.

Compare this to Wii Sports Resort which did 552,490 in the Americas in week one and 360,588 in Europe giving a combined total of 913,078.

source: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82122/playstation-move-preliminary-sales-figures-in/

Well Move in it's first week it has only 'moved' 140,000 units across Europe and the Americas, what's more Sports Champions has only managed 100,000 copies.

Compare this to Wii Sports Resort which did 552,490 in the Americas in week one and 360,588 in Europe giving a combined total of 913,078.

source: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82122/playstation-move-preliminary-sales-figures-in/

I'm thrilled for you, I really am.

That's an impressively worthless comparison, Zechs. Good job.

In all seriousness Aimless, I think a congratulations is in order!

istockphoto_4878451-party-objects.jpg

WELL DONE!

Dammit that settles it - I'm throwing my PS3 in the bin. I'll clean the inch layer mound of dust from my Wii and fire it up. Why have I been so stupid? thanks Zechs you've opened my eyes up to the power of the Wii.

HowAboutaNiceBigCupofShuttheFuckUp.jpg

I think we need some of this applied liberally to this thread!

258troll_spray.jpg

Well, Sports Champion was the second best selling game of last week in the UK (not hard to guess what was no. 1) so I'd guess Sony'd be happy enough with how its doing. They've said it's going to be a slow start but seems to be doing well enough out of the gate. At least I think so.

Choze, if you're about how does MAG control with Move? I'm curious to hear how well it works in an FPS. If I'm being honest, while I find motion controls alright in an FPS in single player, in an online setting I feel that it's not particularly suited, but this is just me and this is based on my experiences with the Wii where even the most customisable options seem a bit too inaccurate for online settings (may well be a reason why standard controls are now being included more in shooters there). Precision weapons can be a nuisances to use. So yeh, if you don't mind, a few words on how MAG is working with Move would be greatly appreciated by me :D

258troll_spray.jpg

Don't flatter him with the word 'troll', he's just an idiot.

Zealot Merkin, I concede defeat. You win this time!

May we Playstation owners smite you another day, for we know there is only one console, and we know it would be sin to play them all!

----

(He's such a weird subject)

You're mad if you think it will have flooped after 6 month.

I meant I'll give it 6 months until I look into getting it.

EDIT: And yeah, that comparison was a bit weird.

It's unsettling that me and my friends saw Move in a Game and were, "oh... it's out?".

Now... we haven't been keeping track of it, but... I haven't been keeping track of Halo and I knew when that was out.

I've seen no advertising what-so-ever...

Has anyone?

(I'm talking non-gaming websites and print obviously.)

Edited by Wesley

Given the calls of trolling I decided to look through the whole thread as well as E3 '09 & '10 threads in relation to the Move.

In each thread there's a fair bit if bashing of the wiimote and wii motion+ even in Move promos themselves so I'd say Zech's post is entirely relevant to the thread as a whole.

Given the hype people have seemed to have had over Move I'd have to agree that they're disappointing numbers. For a new hardware that has been reasonably pushed from a marketing standpoint and in which they blatantly mock the competition, the first week sales figures are abysmal.

Edit: Wesley, I've seen plenty of advertising. Tv, magazines, newspapers, posters on buses and at metrolink stops. There has been a fairly big push behind it... I'm quite surprised you haven seen any.

Edited by Kav

I didn't know it was out either. It's less understated than the 'Go.

Depending on whether Socom/Killzone work with it really well, I may pick one up.

It could be a good year or two before it seems worth it, if it ever does flourish. Staying old-school pad stylie is the way to go for now though, even if prices for controllers barely fluctuate over time. Just gimme New Vegas and wash my memories of motion away.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Zechs is a knob anymore.

He's never been anything but a cunt...

Wow, Zechs only makes a comparison between two similar product launches and gets abused.

Gotta love fanboyism!

Wow, Zechs only makes a comparison between two similar product launches and gets abused.

Gotta love fanboyism!

It isn't fanboyism. (Well, Cooky probably is a bit but we'll forgive him that)

I just like to jeer at such a tool. You know, belittle him a tad?

Who cares if he got a reaction, I just like to swear at him. I'm dying to know his age though.

I've had a quick read through the thread to see impressions as I also didn't realise this was out until yesterday. I think part of the problem with the move is that people who don't play many games see it and think 'that looks like a wii remote'. The problem is that nobody who simply wants to play motion controlled games will go and buy the PS3, which is the most expensive console (although great value for what you get etc). It is a great addition for people who already have the console but it's not going to convince a huge number of people to buy a PS3. And until some serious games come out for it it won't sell a huge amount to core PS3 gamers either. So yeah, like wes said give it 6 months and see what Sony can do.

He's never been anything but a cunt...

While in some cases he can be annoying, there have been occasions where you have entered threads simply to start an argument with him in the past. I don't think you can call him a c*** for pointing out the fact that move hasn't sold very well. It's a slight over-reaction which makes you look like the very thing you hate.

Also: Please tone down the language. It's unnecessary. Thank you.

Zechs has been trolling for years, its got to the point where he deserves everything he gets.

He's not said anything off though. It's fair to compare the two really, they do offer similar experiences.

My post, as below, could be viewed as more antagonising than Zech's. He's simply posted figures and compared them, he's not slated anything or anyone in any way.

I remember the days when these forums didn't have the hatred.

Given the calls of trolling I decided to look through the whole thread as well as E3 '09 & '10 threads in relation to the Move.

In each thread there's a fair bit if bashing of the wiimote and wii motion+ even in Move promos themselves so I'd say Zech's post is entirely relevant to the thread as a whole.

Given the hype people have seemed to have had over Move I'd have to agree that they're disappointing numbers. For a new hardware that has been reasonably pushed from a marketing standpoint and in which they blatantly mock the competition, the first week sales figures are abysmal.

Edit: Wesley, I've seen plenty of advertising. Tv, magazines, newspapers, posters on buses and at metrolink stops. There has been a fairly big push behind it... I'm quite surprised you haven seen any.

The difference between me and Zechs: I do it for the Lilt, he doesn't.

His life revolves around getting kicks via posting positive Wii stats, as if when he tugs a fact from the net, he's tugging a Playstation voodoo doll, that harms all owners of the system.

No-one gives a shit, but he still tries, and I can only applaud the kid for it.

Right I don't know what kind of posts Zechs has made in "Other Consoles" in the past, I rarely venture in here myself anyway. But the snap reaction to his "figures" post seems to me a bit uncalled for and an over reaction. There was nothing malicious in his post, just a comparision of sales figures of two similar products. Which I would assume Sony themsleves might be a bit dissapointed. And if things were reversed I'm sure those slating Zechs would not have hesitated to post figures if the Move sold as well or better than the Motion+/WiiSports Resort in 1st week sales.

When I saw Zechs post pop up in my email updates I came here expecting to see maybe some discussion on what people thought might be the reason for the sales difference between the two platforms.

Not enough marketing (I myself forgot it was out this month)? Smaller Userbase? Not attractive enough to the majority of PS3 owners (yet)? Lack of casual gamers on the PS3? Unattractive to casual gamers who likely don't own a PS3 already (large overall cost) and/or already own a Wii? Lack of any "real" games for it and people wanting to wait and see if anything worthwhile comes out that'll use it?

But instead it was a jump right to attacking the poster?

Well you've got to marvel at the fact he only rears his ugly head when it makes himself feel, I dunno, warm inside?

I think it's funny personally, and it works better that he only posts on the odd occasion, but at least grant me the liberty to call him a cunt. It's no skin off my back if he calls me one, because his desperation is crystal clear, and it's a forum.

It's like me going to the Wii board once every year and posting something akin to: 'was it just me that noticed that the average Nintendo game scored a 6.5/10, whilst first party Sony titles got a 9/10 average?'. Except, get this, without the irony.

What everyone fails to see is that this isn't a case of rivalry (how could it be unless you're a thickshit?) , it's just pointing out how unintentionally bemusing the Meringue can be.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah, dwaf summed it up perfect. He didn't come here for a discussion, he came to make a dig at Sony whilst the window was open. Just like he has done for the past 4 years or so.

The reason he got such a sharp reaction is because people just quite simpily can't be bothered with him anymore, he's so childish it's unreal.