NEurope

I would presume that you would hold it en exactly the same way as the Wii Remote - the location of the ball combined with the angle you're holding with will be combined in a series of complex calculations (there must be a f**kload of trigonometry involved) would produce a similar effect as the Wii Remote's camera and sensor bar.

Thanks for posting Nintenchris, but from now on do you think you could troll somewhere else!

Thank you.

From Lillster x

Might go to ASDA in a bit and get this, has RE5 Gold edition been patched for Move yet?

Euro is already patched on disk unless you get the older Gold edition. Its sold out online :(

Zavvi Asda doing it for 12.99

Edited by Choze

Might go to ASDA in a bit and get this, has RE5 Gold edition been patched for Move yet?

The Gold Edition has it on the disk, I think.

Edit: Ah, Choze said it.

Just re-installing Gold Edition now. If it controls like Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, then I'll be extremely happy!

Edit: Had a go with Move controls, its fantastic! The level of precision is very high, every Zombie is a headshot. It controls exactly like Resi 4 Wii. If you're a fan of Resi 5, then this is the definitive way to play it.

I may finally be able to kill the Troll on professional difficulty!

Edited by MATtheHAT

Went to a Sony Event today and got to test out the Move. I'll give my impressions later.

I keep forgetting I already have a Playstation Eye so I might just pick up the Move next time I'm in town. I'll get the Sub Controller when it's needed, so probably Killzone 3.

Probably is a strong term.

KZ3 Move looks shocking right now. They've put in gestures for absolutely no reason. Hopefully you can edit those out and there'll be enough buttons to do everything as normal, otherwise it's a wasted opportunity.

Edit: Socom 4 looks to be very good with Move. Visually impressive too, I like how it's shaping up.

Cheque the video on the IGN ps3 homepage on the scroll bar

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/

Edited by dwarf

Well since Dwarf is so eager I might as well do it now.

The Shoot

First game I played at the even. The pointer controls felt a bit sluggish and the game was pretty boring. The dodging was difficult to understand and use. Although the game "worked" as a whole, it wasn't fun at all.

Golf

Tiger Woods game. Not very interested in golf. Only played this for a brief period. Seemed easier to do well in than in WiiSports Resort.

Kung-Fu Rider

Terrible game. Jumps when I want it to speed up. Speeds up when I want it to jump. Not enjoyable in the least.

Time Crisis

Felt like a game that you would play in an arcade, with the graphics matching it. Not very impressed. Controlled worse than the arcade game would too. And worse than The Shoot.

Some party game

Don't know the name. The one with "augmented reality" where you paint on the screen and do other things. Seemed like a very kiddy game. Tried two games on it and seeing myself in the camera the whole time made me realise how stupid I looked playing the game. Also there was very noticeable lag.

Sports Champions

People kept hogging this so I only got to play the archery game, with one controller. I knew I wasn't getting the full experience using only one controller, so I wasn't expecting much. Would probably work very well with two. But I can only give opinions on what I played and it pales in comparison to WiiSports Resort with one. Also, the thing showing the trajectory of the arrow is annoying, is that because it was on the easiest setting?

The woman in charge of the booth played against me and I beat her by loads, also she kept getting this glitch where her arrow wouldn't pull back and would just twitch in front of her.

Socom 4

Felt very confusing even though I was used to playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. Melee attack used a motion and it worked terribly. Aiming grenades with the pointer was very easy. Aiming also felt a bit sluggish.

Heavy Rain

Only played for a few seconds, found it very hard to figure out the motions but after a while I think I understood how it worked. Seemed very easy to make a mistake and less precise than the buttons.

And that was all the Move games I played. I was not very impressed. Although I know the technology is good. I haven't seen it perform well.

Maybe I need to get used to it, maybe it was badly calibrated. Either way, I did not leave the event feeling like running out to get one.

They also had other things there too. Like a pre-alpha code demo of Killzone 3 and a demo of GT5. The GT5 demo didn't show any weather effects.

There was also a 3D demo of Motorstorm. The 3D effect worked great, and really added to the experience. The graphical capabilities though took a huge hit. Trees looked terrible. Textures looked terrible. But it was good fun anyway. At one point HeroicJanitor rammed his car into a motorbike and the shrapnel of the bike flew at the screen, it was very cool.

He went with me too, so he can give you his own feedback. He seemed to enjoy the event a lot. Mostly because of KZ3, the 3D and GT5.

Also they gave out free beer, which by itself made the event worthwhile.

Well since Dwarf is so eager I might as well do it now.

The Shoot

First game I played at the even. The pointer controls felt a bit sluggish and the game was pretty boring. The dodging was difficult to understand and use. Although the game "worked" as a whole, it wasn't fun at all.

Golf

Tiger Woods game. Not very interested in golf. Only played this for a brief period. Seemed easier to do well in than in WiiSports Resort.

Kung-Fu Rider

Terrible game. Jumps when I want it to speed up. Speeds up when I want it to jump. Not enjoyable in the least.

Time Crisis

Felt like a game that you would play in an arcade, with the graphics matching it. Not very impressed. Controlled worse than the arcade game would too. And worse than The Shoot.

Some party game

Don't know the name. The one with "augmented reality" where you paint on the screen and do other things. Seemed like a very kiddy game. Tried two games on it and seeing myself in the camera the whole time made me realise how stupid I looked playing the game. Also there was very noticeable lag.

Sports Champions

People kept hogging this so I only got to play the archery game, with one controller. I knew I wasn't getting the full experience using only one controller, so I wasn't expecting much. Would probably work very well with two. But I can only give opinions on what I played and it pales in comparison to WiiSports Resort with one. Also, the thing showing the trajectory of the arrow is annoying, is that because it was on the easiest setting?

The woman in charge of the booth played against me and I beat her by loads, also she kept getting this glitch where her arrow wouldn't pull back and would just twitch in front of her.

Socom 4

Felt very confusing even though I was used to playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. Melee attack used a motion and it worked terribly. Aiming grenades with the pointer was very easy. Aiming also felt a bit sluggish.

Heavy Rain

Only played for a few seconds, found it very hard to figure out the motions but after a while I think I understood how it worked. Seemed very easy to make a mistake and less precise than the buttons.

And that was all the Move games I played. I was not very impressed. Although I know the technology is good. I haven't seen it perform well.

Maybe I need to get used to it, maybe it was badly calibrated. Either way, I did not leave the event feeling like running out to get one.

They also had other things there too. Like a pre-alpha code demo of Killzone 3 and a demo of GT5. The GT5 demo didn't show any weather effects.

There was also a 3D demo of Motorstorm. The 3D effect worked great, and really added to the experience. The graphical capabilities though took a huge hit. Trees looked terrible. Textures looked terrible. But it was good fun anyway. At one point HeroicJanitor rammed his car into a motorbike and the shrapnel of the bike flew at the screen, it was very cool.

He went with me too, so he can give you his own feedback. He seemed to enjoy the event a lot. Mostly because of KZ3, the 3D and GT5.

Also they gave out free beer, which by itself made the event worthwhile.

meh doesn't sound that impressive. Was Tumble there? Had heard it was meant to be on of the better games...

I don't know what that is, so I guess not.

And what's not impressive, the Move or the event?

I don't know what that is, so I guess not.

And what's not impressive, the Move or the event?

The Move! Didn't find too much positivity in your impressions

It's true, there wasn't much positivity. But there wasn't much positive about them at this certain event.

I was a bit excited about this new tech, building and improving over the old one. But it just wasn't there for me.

Everything felt like it had a sharp learning curve. Maybe it was just me being used to pick up and play Wii games.

All I know is I'm definitely not getting one.

I picked one up from Sainsburys. Just downloading Tumble. Solid device. I actually love the glowing ball. I love it as much as I loved the idea for the WiiMote's speaker, shame the quality of that was stunningly bad (although it does the job a lot of the time).

Navigating the XMB works well. Marginally less accurate than the DS3 but a lot more fun (But then I get a laugh out of using a 3D mouse).

Looking forward to playing Heavy Rain on Wednesday, although I'm more looking forward to playing more Halo Reach.

PS3 version of Dead Space Extraction, has been MOVE equipped...

Rubbish gameplay video mind, and having played the Wii version a few weeks ago, it looks almost identicle... but it will definately be more fun to use MOVE (as it is the Wiimote), than playing it with a normal controller. It's a great game!

Edited by Retro_Link

It comes free with Dead Space 2 at retail doesn't it?

And you can download it seperately from the store if you don't fancy DS2.

Indifferent really.

Daft let us know what tumbles like...you gonna download the other demos as well?

Will do. PSN is being STUNNINGLY slow for some reason.

I'm also downloading the Echochrome ii, Sports Champion and The Shoot demos. Can't be bothered with the others, at the moment.

I'm enjoying these initial moments of glee, like I had with the Wii.Before I get bored.

Edit: And the Beat Sketcher demo.

Edited by Daft

Will do. PSN is being STUNNINGLY slow for some reason.

I'm also downloading the Echochrome ii, Sports Champion and The Shoot demos. Can't be bothered with the others, at the moment.

I'm enjoying these initial moments of glee, like I had with the Wii.Before I get bored.

Edit: And the Beat Sketcher demo.

oh yeah beat sketcher looks kinda fun...watched a vid of it on kotaku

OMFG Beat Sketcher is AMAAAAZIN!!!

5000774287_e2e66136b9_z.jpg

I love beyond words. Can't wait for the full game.

Edit: Haha!! My fastest hit of the ball in table tennis was 105.8km/h. Nice and realistic. :heh:

Edited by Daft

There was a demo in this in Gamestation today (oddly, it wasn't in the much bigger GAME right next door), so I decided to give it a try. Like the Wii Remote, you don't notice it at all when you're holding/playing it.

I only got to try out one round of PS3 Sports Tennis. The pointer was very sluggish on the menu and there seemed to be less control than Wii Sports Tennis - it didn't seem to detect power or anything (except trying to do a lob shot made the ball spin oddly upwards). Winning seemed to be a case of the other player's controller not picking up the swing. The person there said that there were "battery issues" so I apparently didn't get a proper experience.

Every time you swung the ball you got a message popping up on the screen saying that the camera can not see the Move's ball (or something like that). Which seems odd as the game doesn't even use the shiny ball, except for the menus.

Edit: I've just realised that it was also the first time that I've used a PS3

Edited by Cube