Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid: Other M

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the state of the European ads, especially the version with the cringe worthy guy playing the game.... why do NoE keep using these crap actors to play games in adverts?

Wish they would use the US advert over here, it works so much better. The narration makes it feel much more epic and would prolly work better for getting people who've not played a Metroid game before to gain some interest in the game.

"What's past is Prologue"

Also would anyone know if it is possible to buy replicas of the Zero suit the actress is wearing? I wanna get my wife one :D

With the UK and USA ads, you see two examples of voice-overs. One from a narrator, and one from the main character. The UK advert with the narrator just doesn't work. The USA ad seemed more edgy, more dramatic and intense.

If I didn't know about the game, I would be more inclined to buy it from the USA advert than the UK one.

Just show all the adverts.

More Metroid the better! Also, maybe mute that announcer guy for the NoE ads. ;)

You'll wake up, you'll see Samus. You'll tune in for loose women, the adverts come on, there is Samus. You watch Spurs play football on ITV, there's Samus.

Samus all day and night.

IGN - 8.5

Metroid: Other M is a huge step forward for Nintendo, a company that’s been reluctant to push story over gameplay. It’s certainly possible that what the Other M team did for Metroid could potentially shape the direction of other Nintendo franchises, but for now this is a great first step.

Many of the issues in Metroid: Other M could have been addressed with the inclusion of nunchuck control, so I’m not entirely sold on the idea that single Wii remote control was the best thing for this game. But in the end, this is still an excellent experience with great, intense action and an engaging story that turns one of Nintendo’s beloved characters into something more than a kick-ass bounty hunter.

CapCom over at Metroid Database - 85%

So, the final verdict. Metroid: Other M is a fun game, but it feels like it could have used a bit more polish. It's by no means the ultimate Metroid game, the be-all, end-all of the series, but it feels like a fairly solid outing, a fun romp through the Metroidverse. I don't think it's going to win any awards though, and this is really where the game is ultimately for the Metroid fans. The game is pretty meaty, with a good 8-12 hours if you just blow through it and another 3-5 hours for finding all the items. I cleared the game with 100% in about 15 hours.
Edited by or else you will DIE

Review scores for this are looking to be rather varied. Don't think there's going to be a general consensus on this one really. I've heard somewhere gave it a 6.something, IGN have given it that 8.5 and apparently G4 have unexpectedly ripped the game to shreds in typical biased fashion.

So, so far it's sounding like the kind of game you'll have to play yourself to see whether its your thing or not, based on the review scores (I'm not reading any text as I'm definitely picking it up and don't want spoilers).

Still, the scores are starting to fall into where I thought they would, which was around the 8/80% mark.

Have in mind it wasn't actually 24MB, but 24Mb (Megabits), which is the equivalent to 3MB (MegaBytes). HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :bouncy::bouncy:

nintendo BIGGEST GAME EVER I've heard :D

I've read a bit of these reviews and I think I'd still love this game. I kinda guessed there would be first-person problems.

From what i'm hearing, every problem seems to be unavoidable because of their choice to use the wiimote on it's own.

I'm trying hard not to read other people's impressions of the game, or reviews and stuff. The Metroid series is a love it or hate it series anyway. I remember reading a review for Prime, which just moaned about the back-tracking throughout the entire review. :heh:

Also, I don't want to know about the content of the game too much. I have a feeling that may be important for this game.

I'll probably pick this up in October sometime, when I get paid from work. Can't wait.

i haven't read anything about the games story either.

i have never once doubted the controls, i think they will be great. i'm perfectly fine with the "lack" of music. i'm fine with the voice acting and i'm even okay with it all taking place on a space station....again.

however, the one and only thing that is concerning me is how linear it sounds.

Edited by or else you will DIE

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!