NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

Arrived this morning from Gameplay. Couldn't go with the cheaper Argos deal, because they don't delivery to Angelsey apparently. Anywhoo, this is fantastic. Show's off the true potential of Motionplus miles better than Grand Slam Tennis. So far, the best I've played are the sword games, which are outstanding, and show that Red Steel 2 will (hopefully) control just fine, and that a Star Wars themed lightsaber game has to happen! Table tennis is great too, and Frisbee and Archery will be played a lot once I've mastered them I'm sure. T'was very relaxing flying the airplane too, but disappointed that you can't play a dog-fight in single player. Now to player the other games!

Oh yeah, at the start, before jumping out of the airplane I thought to myself, "Why is John Lennon in this airplane?" before realizing that the game had chosen a random Mii to represent me there. Commiserations if you have to begin this beauty with a F-Ugly Mii.

If you buy the game from Tesco tomorrow, you can buy an extra Motionplus with it for £8.97.

Online or in store? Great deal!

Online or in store? Great deal!

Instore only I think - just saw it advertised in The Sun.

If the deal is available online, it probably won't show up on the site untill tomorrow.

Edited by welsh_gamer

Not very impressed by the build-quality of the peripheral... is the connector bit in the middle supposed to be able to be moved around a bit? I thought it'd be more solid...

Also, with it attached you can't stand the wii-remote up anymore? wtf is up with that... only aesthetic issues mind, I'm sure the actual game will be awesome.

As with everyone else, loving this game. Great opening, with all your miis and stuff, really adds so much atmosphere to the game seeing all your friends and crazy characters youve created all coming together and such. Archery is probably my favourite. And bowling is rock hard, in a good way. here are some initial thoughts:

Golf: After tiger woods I just can't see me playing this game. Felt really bad

Power Cruising: Really like this a lot! Can't believe this hasn't been really mentioned in previews

Table tennis: Is good and all, but for me Grand Slam beats it hands down; on Tennis I can hit it wherever I want to hit it; in this it's timing based (like Wii Sports tennis) and all you control is the spin and power. Disappointed as I love Table tennis and it's been getting amazing buzz.

Sword Fighting: Controls excellently; but seems a little easy to defend. Again, I only had one duel, but it favours defense too much, especially in that you FREAK OUT every time you get blocked; and due to the chances of you being blocked seem extremely high then why would you go for the kill....?

Frisbee: This is nails... couldn't throw it straight, couldn't throw it with power (flick rather than throw seems to be the way); but looks like it could be loads of fun.

Overall I'm loving it and think it will be an awesome party game and seems to have enough content for a decent one player bash too!!

I LOVE IT!!!! :yay:

I have to say im very surprised to what my favourite event is so far and that is the airplane game. I've spent ages just flying around the island searching around looking for all the hidden "i" symbols while at the same time taking in the surroundings. I think the whale may have one but I keep missing him :D So far I have collected 50 odd, methinks I will try flying around at night for a while now.

Anyone know where you go to check the stamps you have collected? I have checked but can't seem to find them. ::shrug:

EDIT: Oh the opening I had was great. Where else can you play a game where you sky dive out of a plan with Link, Zelda, Mario and Ganondorf? :D

I'm pleased everyones impressions are so positive! However, bearing in mind I'm not going to get that much multiplayer out of this game with the lack of online, how much one player legs do you see the game having?

I'm interested in it. I had it pre-ordered from gameplay, cancelled, then pre-ordered from Argo and cancelled again so I just can't make my mind up on the game! Longevity is my main concern - I've easily done 50 odd hours on GST because of the online.

Pay day for me on Tues so I still might yet get this.

DO you really never play local mulitplayer?

I would say it's still worth it because of the feeling the game has; but it depends on how much money you have how you view your gaming. I want new experiences and this game gives me that; if it only had a few hours gameplay I'd still get it just for that; so maybe I'm not the best person to offer advice... :)

Its a tough call. If your into beating your own high scores then you will get alot out of this if not then you will probably get as much out of this as you did with Wii Sports.

Im in the same boat as you DazzeL in that I will be only playing this in single player due to none of my mates having an interest in the Wii ( 360 owners ) and Nintendos reluctance to embrace online gaming

I will probably get a good week out of this and then it will slowly fade away much like Wii Sports did for me.

EDIT: Woohoo! Just found all 80 hidden places on the island, unlocked me a nice...

2 seater plane and house in the process aswell.

Im looking at the stamps for the airplane game ( yes I found where they were ) and some of them will give me some good play time. I managed to get 150 balloons popped and visit the little island ones but the others will take a little time.

I had better get cracking :D

Been playing non-stop since my last post and i've managed to get all of the 80 points of interest on morning, noon and night which gave me another stamp! Im now trying to pop all of the silver balloons on morning, noon and night so I get my final stamp. I need 13 on morning, 3 on noon and 2 on night, methinks they are gonna be a bit of a nightmare to find...

My main gripe is that the flyover is timed...if it wasnt this game would be ultra awesome

just got wii sports resort today. I must say Wow what a difference, its so many times more accurate. And im glad that non of the games really work with just waggling.

just got wii sports resort today. I must say Wow what a difference, its so many times more accurate. And im glad that non of the games really work with just waggling.

Except Cycling, which is crap.

I've just had a blast at that, I still can't really control the bike properly or get a decent pace going but I still enjoyed it. I like how the music picks up the pace when you are near the end and how your name appears in the tarmac :D

I gave up looking for my final balloons for the day. Im missing 1 on both the morning and evening and I haven't a clue where they are. I spent about an hour looking for them but still couldn't find them :(

After that I gave archery a blast again, this time I was after hitting the secret targets. I only did the beginner levels but I managed to find all of them and eventually hit them, took me a while though as im still not that good at it.

Cycling is utter crap, it doesnt use the motion plus at all. I still dont feel a major difference with bowling. But with golf the putting is so much better and easier to do.

Amazon still hasn't shipped mine despite them packing it all day. How long does it take?

Amazon still hasn't shipped mine despite them packing it all day. How long does it take?

Have you got it on super saver delivery ?

Have you got it on super saver delivery ?

Nope, I paid for first class.

Edit: My order has dissapeared from the Open orders page, so hopefully that means it shipped.

Did anybody else that used shopto not get theirs today? I've never used them before, but it was dispatched yesterday and hasn't turned up. I'm not massively bothered, I was just wondering!

Cycling is utter crap, it doesnt use the motion plus at all. I still dont feel a major difference with bowling. But with golf the putting is so much better and easier to do.

I think the main difference is that it's easier to do slower shots, and the spin actually goes the way you turn the controller rather than the way the game thinks you want to go.

Oh, and the shirts of course.

Anyone got it who ordered from argos with the cheapo deal yet?

My order status has not even changed yet.

I suppose that is the risk of getting it cheaply.

Oh, sweet banana, this is fun! got it ysterday (hooral for streetdate-breaking stores!)

This really is a slice of patented Gaming GoodnessTM. I'm really having a blast, and I haven't even played it in multiplayer yet. I think my fragile mind will blow!

It's all good (well, bar cycling, perhaps)! Love the skydiving, the plane, the frisbee, but one mode owns them all: Swordsplay Showdown!

It's like being Beatrix, going up against the Crazy 88. Or being Sauron and using the One Ring. Whack, whack, whack! Fly, mii's, fly!!

I'm probably a bit too excited about whacking people. Wonders if real-life is just as fun... I'll let you know as soon as my parole is up!

Has anyone fought the champion in duel yet? Just wondering how far you have to get before he/she challenges you.

I had another look around the island for my missing balloons before I went to bed and I still couldn't find them, its getting really frustrating now :mad:

I had another look around the island for my missing balloons before I went to bed and I still couldn't find them, its getting really frustrating now.

m_3790e4b8cec5e33be6e6c5a0ba034f8e.jpg

"Awww, come on bucko! Don't you want a... balloon? They float... and when your down here, with me... YOU FLOAT TOO!

Edited by Strange Cookie