NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

my beef is with the lack of single player game. Honestly would it be that difficult to add a tournament mode in the game??

You've got it and played it? Too me, it looks like there's a lot to do.

If anyone's after extra Wii Remotes for multiplayer mayhem, they're on offer on Shopto.net this week for about £18. Mine just arrived, I'm wondering if I should take advantage and order a couple more just so I have 4...

You've got it and played it? Too me, it looks like there's a lot to do.

No need to be so defensive, he's just going on what he's read.

To be honest if its anything like the first game then when I do get around to buying it I will probably play it for a few days and then shelve it which is why im in no real rush to run out and get it.

To be honest if its anything like the first game then when I do get around to buying it I will probably play it for a few days and then shelve it which is why im in no real rush to run out and get it.

That is what happened with me on the first game. After 2 days the game never got played again. I was hoping with this version they would of added more for people who like tournaments etc.

It looks like a matter of preference, they said in the review that bowling was the best game in the first one but it was the one I least played.

Depending on what you prefer you could really enjoy this game. Hell, I liked the boxing in the first one even though from what I heard everyone else hated it.

Oh well if IGN say it then it must be terrible...

...seriously though, IGN are among the gaming journalists who review games like this on the same level as ultra hardcore games like Gears of War. Of course it's going to be lower because they're not reviewing it properly.

They're moaning that Nintendo didn't add "depth" to many of the sports which goes against the whole policy of this game. It's pick up and play for all. Adding depth as they call it would obviously be involving many button presses and goes completely against that. The whole point of Wii Sports is you're playing it as you would with 1:1 motion...what more do you need

Well thing is it would be good if Nintendo bothered to develop any of ideas they created in this game. I'm not getting this simply because judging by almost all the hands on i've read half the games don't work properly and the parts that work great are few and far between. That said Table tennis does look pretty quality and archery too.

Well thing is it would be good if Nintendo bothered to develop any of ideas they created in this game. I'm not getting this simply because judging by almost all the hands on i've read half the games don't work properly and the parts that work great are few and far between. That said Table tennis does look pretty quality and archery too.

What hands on have you read? Every single one I've read says it pretty much controls perfectly, just that some games are boring. Please provide evidence of "almost all hands on" saying that "half the games don't work properly" I would love to read them

If anyone's after extra Wii Remotes for multiplayer mayhem, they're on offer on Shopto.net this week for about £18. Mine just arrived, I'm wondering if I should take advantage and order a couple more just so I have 4...

I'm looking to purchase a new remote as my current one is slighty damaged due to me not wearing the strap provided and it flying out of my hand and landing on the hard wood floor.

What hands on have you read? Every single one I've read says it pretty much controls perfectly, just that some games are boring. Please provide evidence of "almost all hands on" saying that "half the games don't work properly" I would love to read them

Well take a look at the sword fighting waggle thing. 'Half' was exaggeration its 2 or 3 but it'd be good if they really pushed the individual games to have more to them. I mean, in Wii Sports, Golf had 9 holes...9!

I'm looking to purchase a new remote as my current one is slighty damaged due to me not wearing the strap provided and it flying out of my hand and landing on the hard wood floor.

Someone needs to pay attention to the warning that flashes up on the screen... :indeed:

Well take a look at the sword fighting waggle thing. 'Half' was exaggeration its 2 or 3 but it'd be good if they really pushed the individual games to have more to them. I mean, in Wii Sports, Golf had 9 holes...9!

What are you on about!?!? Sword fighting is meant to be pretty much perfect and whats wii sports got to do with this?

Yous complaining for the sake of it!

Also, IGN Australia are complete nobs. They always do this, they gave M&S Olympics a 5.5 or something equally ridiculous! Read their review content, it's APPALLING!!

What are you on about!?!? Sword fighting is meant to be pretty much perfect and whats wii sports got to do with this?

Yous complaining for the sake of it!

Also, IGN Australia are complete nobs. They always do this, they gave M&S Olympics a 5.5 or something equally ridiculous! Read their review content, it's APPALLING!!

The sword fighting is split into different segments. There's one part that works VERY well and is pretty much true 1:1 where you have to slice objects very accurately. The other mode, from most hands on, can turn into a bit of a waggle fest.

I'm not complaining for the sake of it; it wouldn't be hard to give a game like Golf more holes and a replay feature, maybe online leaderboards. Fortunately we've got a game like TW'10 with those but still it'd be nice to expand the games a bit you know.

Also, Basketball is a great example of WSR shortcomings. Almost EVERY hands on (go listen to last weeks IGN wiikly for example) say the same thing; sometimes you can tell you've overshot completely yet the ball goes on, whereas othertimes you can mistime it a bit and it'd go straight into the centre. I dunno. I'm sure WSR will be good (it's no AAA but it'll be good fun for a while, especially with family) but at the end of the day they've released because clearly it's going to sell by the bucketload.

Also, how the hell is M&S Olympics being given a 5.5 a shocker. I've played the game and it's nothing that special, a great party game but that's it.

A great party game should surely deserve more than that! The word great is a pretty big superlative!

A great party game should surely deserve more than that! The word great is a pretty big superlative!

There review was a bit low BUT not every review is going to score it the same. It's a solid 8 out of 10 game, some reviewers gave it a bit higher and some lower. Not EVERY reviewer will give it the same score; besides what's written in the review is more important than the score.

Not so mush as defensive, just have to look at the arguement from both sides instead of folk insta ruling it out.

@Khilasfsafg? Games like these are never in depth. Has the shovelware taught you nothing! These games are made for multiplayer.

The sword fighting is split into different segments. There's one part that works VERY well and is pretty much true 1:1 where you have to slice objects very accurately. The other mode, from most hands on, can turn into a bit of a waggle fest.

Sorry but I have to step in here and disagree. The term waggle has come in to be used for any motion control nowadays and its constantly expanding that soon 1:1 motion will completely be called wagglefests.

From what I have seen, the sword fighting is all 1:1 and while yes it can be done with "waggle", that isnt the point. The angle and everything of your slices in those modes still matter and therefore the 1:1 works and it is not a waggle fest if you play the game properly.

They gave Monster Hunter Unite 9.5 or something close to that so they are alright in my eyes :D

Someone needs to pay attention to the warning that flashes up on the screen... :indeed:

I hang my head in shame :red:

Really looking forward to this, for those who don't already watch it head over to revision 3 and watch this weeks co-op got a preview of it, with some great impressions plus some stuff you may not have seen, the survival mode in the sword fighting looks awesome as you face hordes of your Mii's charging you with a sword, shows hope motionplus could be implemented into action games.

Have to admit I am a bit worried about how enjoyable this will be as a single player. Since splitting with my girlfriend the likes of Wii Sports and Wario Smooth Moves just havn't had a look in as theres no one to play with, will I feel the same about this?!

Iwata Asks: WiiSports Resort

SR_iwata_vol1_mainimg01_en.jpg

Yamashita:

We ended up having no choice but to ask those few people with experience of going to a resort to tell us all about it.

Iwata:

You mean people who’d been to tropical islands?

Yamashita:

Right. We’d ask them: “What’s it like there?” and “Do they play table tennis outdoors?”

All:

(laughter)

Yamashita:

As you’re waving the Wii Remote, it steadily corrects itself.

Iwata:

Normally, you’d expect it to drift further away from the correct point as you wave it.

Yamashita:

But in fact, it becomes more and more accurate.

Sato:

The more you wave it, the more accurate it gets!

Iwata:

That’s really something!

Miyamoto:

I’m afraid we can’t reveal just how the magic works! (laughs)

Mr Sneaky Miyamoto

Iwata:

By the way, why did you decide to include golf in Wii Sports Resort?

Shimamura:

Well, after Miyamoto-san got back from E3 in 2008…

Miyamoto:

Really? Is that right?

All:

(laughter)

Shimamura:

Right after getting back to Japan, he suddenly said: “You know we’re including golf now.” Apparently he’d stated in an interview that this time round golf shots would be determined by the backswing, even though at that time a golf game didn't exist in any shape or form! (laughs)

Iwata:

It’s a trick he often uses! (laughs)

Miyamoto:

That’s right. I block off the escape route.

Iwata:

I’m not quite as bad as Miyamoto-san, but I have been known to use the same trick on occasion.

All:

(laughter)

Yamashita: Originally, there were 12 sports, each of which had several modes available.

Shimamura: We had thought that this was sufficient in terms of the game content on offer…

Yamashita: But then there was the suggestion to consider adding another mode.

Iwata: Who was it who made that suggestion?

Yamashita: Well, it’s not something that a member of the team would have said. Of course it was... (laughs)

All: (laughs)

Miyamoto: It was you who said it, Iwata-san: "Add another one!"

Iwata: What?

Miyamoto: I told everyone that the President had said there still wasn’t enough game content and asked them what we were going to do about it.

Iwata: Now I get it… (laughs)

Yamashita: Well, it was a direct order from the President, so we didn’t have any alternative.

Shimamura: You’ve got no choice but to do it.

All: (laughter)

Iwata: Irrespective of what I may or may not have actually said! (laughs) What new modes did you add?

Shimamura: We added skydiving.

I have in my hands right now, the final European copy of the game. I have played it extensively, and it is awesome.

Any questions?

I have in my hands right now, the final European copy of the game. I have played it extensively, and it is awesome.

Any questions?

Erm yeah.

What the fuck?

I was as surprised as you seem to be.

I also got a frisbee! Pictures tomorrow, just so you all know that I wasn't totally intoxicated at the time of writing.