NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

FFS Nintendo. Seriously, if EA can provide Grand Slam Tennis in both bundle and game only form why can't you? :nono: Do have stuff to trade in but I don't see why I should have to buy the bundle when I already have a MotionPlus.

Because it doesn't work without it and it assures the market wont be heavily divided.

Review tomorrow, I'm milking all I can from the game. :)

All the little touches are wonderful, here's a few things I've picked up on from playing it for the past couple of hours.

- On the Island Flyover game, if you fly close to cars in a certain spot you can hear the Super Mario Bros. theme playing on the radio.

- The "i" points in the Flyover are brilliant. Here are a few landmark summaries I can remember... "Camel Rock - It used to look like a camel at some point." "Tennis Courts - You can't play because someone stole all the tennis balls..." There's also one on a deserted island which says something about how perfect it would be for housing development... Wii Estate Agent on the cards?

- The original Wii Sports theme is playing on the aeroplane radio before you skydive.

- Wait a while on the title screen, and the camera pans to your Mii and displays a newsflash of your latest record or multiplayer match.

- Stamps are a brilliant way to provide a challenge to more seasoned gamers without forcing a barrier upon "casual" gamers.

Well I caved and ended up ordering this yesterday, I really want to try out the archery and pilotwings :) Bring on the smiles! :D

Mine shipped! Should get it tomorrow

Me too! woop! :D

Well...hopefully! Haven't been excited for a wii game in a while, really hope it lives up to my high expectations! Wanna get that feeling i did when first playing tennis! Asking for too much?

Mine was posted today around 8:00am also, should be here tomorrow, i always seem to get my GAME pre-orders a day early ^__^

Me too! woop! :D

Well...hopefully! Haven't been excited for a wii game in a while, really hope it lives up to my high expectations! Wanna get that feeling i did when first playing tennis! Asking for too much?

Going to do Sword Play first :D That should do it

Bah, I knew I should have ordered it from GAME but it was cheaper on Amazon when I ordered it.

Bah, I knew I should have ordered it from GAME but it was cheaper on Amazon when I ordered it.

GAME are quite expensive but 99.9% of the time you'll get your order a day before or on release day!

I'm guessing this will be VERY close to selling out everywhere, they'll be enough stock but i don't think much would be left...could be wrong though, some wii games i've thought would do excellently haven't sold well at all though!

GAME are quite expensive but 99.9% of the time you'll get your order a day before or on release day!

I'm guessing this will be VERY close to selling out everywhere, they'll be enough stock but i don't think much would be left...could be wrong though, some wii games i've thought would do excellently haven't sold well at all though!

Yeah, I normally order from GAME, but they were selling Wii SPorts Resort for £45, while it was only £37-ish on Amazon, so I order it from there and then GAME dropped the price a week later.

Doesn't matter though looks like they started processing my order.

Edited by Ike

Has anyone got the game yet I got it yesterday and now my arms hurt.

I got the game today and I found canoeing quite exhausting. Bike riding is kinda fun but the controls are a bit weird especially in regards to turning, maybe it just takes some getting used to. I only tried the first event on each different sport. I think this game will have a lot of replay value, there is certainly alot to do and it's all presented very cleanly. The first time you jump out of the plane as the intro takes place was really cool, made me smile and sent the same shivery feeling down my spine I got when I first played tennis in Wii Sports. Hope you guys all have fun with it.

I got it today, got some work to do so only done the Swordplay so far. It is soooo fun :D

..my GAME preorder hasn't arrived today :sad:

I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow to come around.. and it better get here :heh:

It's VERY good so far...actually makes me wonder why Grand Slam Tennis isn't as accurate now! The controls are 100% spot-on! Table Tennis, Archery, Sword-play and disc throw are great so far! :yay:

If you have a wii, it's obvious you'll be stupid not to buy this. Will be a hoot with family/friends!

..ahaaaa.. wait! Wii Sports Resort has arrived :yay: The postie delivered it next door to my granny.. but it means I don't get a chance to try it out before heading off to work since I only received it there now :hmm:

Hm, I've decided I want this game. The only issue is finding an extra Motionplus..it wouldn't be the same without two players.

Mine just arrived, but alas I have review to finish before I can play eet... :/

*finishes up VC review uber-quick like*

Arrived. Going to have a quick play before work! Then I'm in London all weekend :( Tempted to take it with me and urge my friends that Wii Sports Resort is way more fun then going out!!

Got it this morning and have tried out a few sports. Motionplus is awesome. Really makes a huge difference.

Swordplay is fantastic, only played against the computer so far. The speed slicing is loadsa fun! Frisbee is a little tricky to get to grips with, but I know it'll be brilliant once I've mastered it. Archery is awesome and so responsive as well.

Finding Golf a little difficult though as I keep curving the shots. Have resorted to rotating the remote 90 degrees so that the A button is near my right hand and the B button on my left, if that makes sense, and it makes it a little easier. Putting is soooo much better now!

Also in Bowling, the ball actually spins the same way you twist the remote now, instead of just curling the way that the game thinks you want it to.

Good impressions so far. Will try out the other sports later

Arrived this morning from Gameplay. Couldn't go with the cheaper Argos deal, because they don't delivery to Angelsey apparently. Anywhoo, this is fantastic. Show's off the true potential of Motionplus miles better than Grand Slam Tennis. So far, the best I've played are the sword games, which are outstanding, and show that Red Steel 2 will (hopefully) control just fine, and that a Star Wars themed lightsaber game has to happen! Table tennis is great too, mainly cause you get more rallies that in GST and get to feel like Forrest Gump :heh: and Frisbee and Archery will be played a lot once I've mastered them I'm sure. T'was very relaxing flying the airplane too, but disappointed that you can't play a dog-fight in single player. Now to player the other games!

Oh yeah, at the start, before jumping out of the airplane I thought to myself, "Why is John Lennon in this airplane?" before realizing that the game had chosen a random Mii to represent me there. Commiserations if you have to begin this beauty with a F-Ugly Mii.

I'll give you a tenner for your spare MotionPlus? You know, if you get one. ;)

Hm, I've decided I want this game. The only issue is finding an extra Motionplus..it wouldn't be the same without two players.

If you buy the game from Tesco tomorrow, you can buy an extra Motionplus with it for £8.97.

Edited by welsh_gamer