NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

There's no point in online leader boards guys....the top entries will just be from hackers :sad:

Slightly off topic but Nintendo just released a new firmware version, 4.1, in Japan. This basically stops hackers in full online mp games - most notable MK - as it prevents anyone with homebrew installed from playing online. It works by not verifying the console version when the game connects to Nintendo WiFi, surely this process could be applied to any online features?

Sounds like DazzeL is slowly getting converted...I predict his pre-order will be back up and running by Sunday :)

Can I add that if we're going to be serious about an online leader board, that we attach that to the Wii board too. I banged on about it for AGES, about the online board being spereate and I kept pestering mods that if it was IN the Wii board more people would use it... they kept telling me to get lost, get lost, get lost. They did it and the online board is INFINITELY more used than it used to be (I KNOW there are more Wii games that are online now but it's still true). No one really uses the high scores board, but again, if it was in this board, more people would easily use it!! FACT!!

Sounds like DazzeL is slowly getting converted...I predict his pre-order will be back up and running by Sunday :)

Hah! I will let you know if it is, I highly doubt by Sunday as there's no rush but I'm still thinking about it and I'm still disappointed by the feature set, though not the game.

I also agree with your points on the high score boards. We need it in the prime area of the boards to really get people behind it.

multiplayer for the Airplane Battle stage looks like great fun

"I will not be happy unless I kill you with this."

NINTENDO is really about everyone's game:laughing:

Apparently Nintendo Europe are gonna run a massive ad campaign for this, with TV ads, posters, and a cinema trailer to run before the new Harry Potter, and featuring European sports stars.

apparantly lol.. of COURSE they are! is the sequel to wii sports this is going to sell MORE than wii fit..

^ well Nintendo havn't exactly been great at advertising some titles, but yeah you'd hope they'd grab the opportunity with Wii Sports Resort.

The Grand Slam Tennis/Motion+ combo of adverts is on quite often though.

Edited by Retro_Link

Apparently Nintendo Europe are gonna run a massive ad campaign for this, with TV ads, posters, and a cinema trailer to run before the new Harry Potter, and featuring European sports stars.

Damn straight.

This weekend Tiger Woods.

Next weekend The Conduit.

Weekend after my friends wedding in the south of France.

Weekend after that Wii Sports Resort!!

What a month!!!

I don't... I'm just addicted to buying stuff... I like the idea of playing them, but life is just too busy... I have so many games ive touched for literally 20 mins and then never playd again. Amazing games.

Though these games I think I will actually play a lot. It's the 'core' single player games I just don't play anymore... I'M BECOMING A CASUAL!!!!

I don't... I'm just addicted to buying stuff... I like the idea of playing them, but life is just too busy... I have so many games ive touched for literally 20 mins and then never playd again. Amazing games.

Though these games I think I will actually play a lot. It's the 'core' single player games I just don't play anymore... I'M BECOMING A CASUAL!!!!

I often feel the same way!

Not to worry old chaps, once your retirement kicks in you'll be playing beautiful stories and massive games onces more:yay:

*Looks at the already 40+ hours that has been put into Monster Hunter Unite*

I think im safe :D

For me, most of the "core" single player games have become so generic and repetitive that they now bore me

all i wanna know is if this game has a single player tournament mode or is the single player game pointless like the original wii sports?

*Looks at the already 40+ hours that has been put into Monster Hunter Unite*

I think im safe :D

*Looks at the 3000 hours put into World of Warcraft*

I worry about my health! Although to be fair it's been a year or so since I last played WarCrack.

*Looks at the 3000 hours put into World of Warcraft*

I worry about my health! Although to be fair it's been a year or so since I last played WarCrack.

*nods head in approval*

Can't wait for this game after seeing the multiplayer of the airplane game

Edited by killer kirby

Basically no single player game again! Pure BS and ninty have no excuse..

Aussie review here.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/100/1001497p1.html

Closing Comments

If Wii Sports Resort was to take over from Wii Sports as the pack-in title with the console, it would serve its purpose well. For the time being, however, it’s not, so the questions are: is this game worth paying for, and will we come back to it? The answer to both those questions is ‘no’. For Wii Sports diehards, Wii Sports Resort will be worth a look, but for the rest of us – especially those who’ve thrashed Bowling to death already, this is a patchy offering more notable for its missed opportunities than its successes.

6.0 Presentation

Lacking in personality, lacking in options. Constantly being forced to calibrate the controller is annoying too.

7.0 Graphics

Serviceable at best. If you’ve got heaps of zany Miis that will at least spice things up.

4.5 Sound

Some of the sound effects are fine, but the music is terrible. This gives elevator music a bad name.

7.0 Gameplay

Really hit and miss, and Bowling is – once again – the pick gameplay-wise, although Archery and Table Tennis are rock solid.

5.0 Lasting Appeal

We’re not coming back to this any time soon.

Passable OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

Edited by khilafah

Oh well if IGN say it then it must be terrible...

...seriously though, IGN are among the gaming journalists who review games like this on the same level as ultra hardcore games like Gears of War. Of course it's going to be lower because they're not reviewing it properly.

They're moaning that Nintendo didn't add "depth" to many of the sports which goes against the whole policy of this game. It's pick up and play for all. Adding depth as they call it would obviously be involving many button presses and goes completely against that. The whole point of Wii Sports is you're playing it as you would with 1:1 motion...what more do you need

Edited by Serebii

Oh well if IGN say it then it must be terrible...

...seriously though, IGN are among the gaming journalists who review games like this on the same level as ultra hardcore games like Gears of War. Of course it's going to be lower because they're not reviewing it properly.

They're moaning that Nintendo didn't add "depth" to many of the sports which goes against the whole policy of this game. It's pick up and play for all. Adding depth as they call it would obviously be involving many button presses and goes completely against that. The whole point of Wii Sports is you're playing it as you would with 1:1 motion...what more do you need

my beef is with the lack of single player game. Honestly would it be that difficult to add a tournament mode in the game??