NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

Anyone got it who ordered from argos with the cheapo deal yet?

My order status has not even changed yet.

I suppose that is the risk of getting it cheaply.

I phoned Argos yesterday, and they said it's still due to be delivered today, as promised. *sits around twiddling thumbs, waiting for the post*

Was hoping mines would have arrived eysterday for me getting home from a trip, but no such luck :(

Here's hoping it arrives today.

Ok so picked this up yesterday via some early GAME postage and I love it! Really awesome.

You can read a little anecdote about the game here;

C3PO pissed all over my "Friends" on Wii Sports Resort!

The first game I played was Basketball and being reasonable good at the sport in real life I was a bit dismayed as I only managed 4 but once I got into and started planting the shots got into it net with relative ease and I knew from that moment I was in love with Wii Sports Resort.

SANY0280.jpg

This pic represents my first four games and shows the quick improvement. My best score came in the 3rd try.

Other than that love it, not managed to play all the games yet as been busy. It is a shame there appears to be a few duff ones, something Wii Sports didn't have. Finally like a few others have said though I am a bit disappointed by the relatively poor build quality of the motion plus itself.

Yep, just like everyone else I've also been loving this game. :yay:

It's a fantastic sequel to Sports and the perfect showcase for MotionPlus.

The attention to detail is absolutely insane, even by Nintendo's standards. Soooo many neat little touches dotted around the game, I think discovering them all will actually take quite some time.

Loving the A and B button cuíca sounds they've put on the title screen too, I spent a few minutes jamming along to the theme song with that. :laughing:

Once I started the game Island flyover was my first port of call and it didn't disappoint, after 3 years of waiting it felt so good to finally be flying that airplane. I don't only want a Wii version of Pilotwings now... I need it!

Swordplay was next, great fun. And speed slice is just fantastic! I love how you can continue to chop away at the various items after the initial slice, almost a game in itself. The control accuracy is mind blowing. :eek:

Went on to play the rest of the games, don't think there's a single turkey to be honest. Even cycling is a laugh despite the less impressive controls, as there's a nice element of strategy involved.

I really hope everyone that bought a Wii will also pick this game up, not only because it's an awesome game, but so that WM+ gets a healthy install base. The device is simply amazing and there's so much potential for future Wii games to make use of it. It really feels like getting a brand new system, that alone has to make it the most influential gaming peripheral of all time.

Oh- and in regard to the build quality of M+, the connector is supposed to be loose like that to avoid it snapping on the inside of unit.

Hmm... postman has been and gone without this game. Maybe it's because he's coming back because it's a 'big' parcel? Maybe? That's what I'm telling myself...

The van just left by my street, so i'm hoping it fits through the letter box. How big is WSR anyway?

Nah, just with GAME. Normally it arrives on the Thursday, so hoping it arrives later on. Didn't bother with shopto since no-one would be in to sign for it.

Yep, just like everyone else I've also been loving this game. :yay:

It's a fantastic sequel to Sports and the perfect showcase for MotionPlus.

The attention to detail is absolutely insane, even by Nintendo's standards. Soooo many neat little touches dotted around the game, I think discovering them all will actually take quite some time.

Loving the A and B button cuíca sounds they've put on the title screen too, I spent a few minutes jamming along to the theme song with that. :laughing:

Once I started the game Island flyover was my first port of call and it didn't disappoint, after 3 years of waiting it felt so good to finally be flying that airplane. I don't only want a Wii version of Pilotwings now... I need it!

Swordplay was next, great fun. And speed slice is just fantastic! I love how you can continue to chop away at the various items after the initial slice, almost a game in itself. The control accuracy is mind blowing. :eek:

Went on to play the rest of the games, don't think there's a single turkey to be honest. Even cycling is a laugh despite the less impressive controls, as there's a nice element of strategy involved.

I really hope everyone that bought a Wii will also pick this game up, not only because it's an awesome game, but so that WM+ gets a healthy install base. The device is simply amazing and there's so much potential for future Wii games to make use of it. It really feels like getting a brand new system, that alone has to make it the most influential gaming peripheral of all time.

Oh- and in regard to the build quality of M+, the connector is supposed to be loose like that to avoid it snapping on the inside of unit.

I think you just convinced me to buy it Redshell:yay:

The van just left by my street, so i'm hoping it fits through the letter box. How big is WSR anyway?

VERY. It wont fit through the letter box.

It's the first time I've used Shopto, and I always assumed they delivered on the day before release. I got my dispatch email early on Wednesday, but so far it's not here.

Just been informed that my copy from Argos has arrived.

Will not be able to play it until this evening mind you.

Nice to have it for the weekend though.

Ok so few more little opinions... Love the sword fighting and the final mode with all the Miis charging at you is certainly a positive sign of things to come with regards to Zelda I feel.

Don't get the power crusing...the nunchuk feels redundant and just there to give the illusion of holding handlebars...

Can't beat my 3 on 3 basketball match, trailing by six points with 20 seconds to go, ended up drawing level with 0.8 seconds on the clock...they have the quickest pass and shoot ever and with 0.2 seconds left on the clock Saddam Hussien blocks a last gasp shot from the other team! it's like something out of Hangtime! I may not have won but the sheer awesomeness of the events made it feel like a win!

Ok so few more little opinions... Love the sword fighting and the final mode with all the Miis charging at you is certainly a positive sign of things to come with regards to Zelda I feel.

Don't get the power crusing...the nunchuk feels redundant and just there to give the illusion of holding handlebars...

Can't beat my 3 on 3 basketball match, trailing by six points with 20 seconds to go, ended up drawing level with 0.8 seconds on the clock...they have the quickest pass and shoot ever and with 0.2 seconds left on the clock Saddam Hussien blocks a last gasp shot from the other team! it's like something out of Hangtime! I may not have won but the sheer awesomeness of the events made it feel like a win!

That made me lol for some reason :D

My copy arrived this morning, and I've been playing ever since. In fact, the only reason I've stopped now is because the battery ran out! Really loving it so far, and like everyone, I love some of the games, and can't see myself playing some of the others for long. I think Air Sports are my favourite so far - the sense of freedom is fantastic! Archery is another one I'll keep coming back to, and frisbee dog is surprisingly addictive! Bowling is just as fun as before too, and I don't think cycling is as bad as people make out. My least favourites at the moment are probably the three water sports.

Picked this up earlier after a slew of palavour from Gamestation about their new trade-in card thing. Anyway, have spent a decent amount of time on it and to be honest, I'm getting no where near the excitement/feeling that many others are getting from it. Sword Play, once you got the battle thing against the oncoming Miis, was the best of the bunch but everything else just felt, I don't know, a little meh.

Think the wick has completely burned for me in terms of games. This is the one game I should really be having fun with but I'm just not feeling it. Why do I play games anymore. *le sigh* At least the new motionplus actually works compared to the first I got with GST.

Pretty much just stopped playing this since I got it. Love Sword play, Archery, Table Tennis, Basketball and Power Cruising. Damn fun it is.

My least favourites at the moment are probably the three water sports.
They were probably my least played too, but I just put some more playtime into them and had a great time. Power Cruising really has that Wave Race feel to it, with the dynamics of the waves and the turbo boosting. :yay: And Canoeing is like the perfect chill out alternative to it, finding the lost ducklings is brilliant. :love:

Wakeboarding is no doubt the weakest of the water sports bunch.

Think the wick has completely burned for me in terms of games. This is the one game I should really be having fun with but I'm just not feeling it. Why do I play games anymore. *le sigh*
That's a shame man, but yeah if you're not having fun with this game... ::shrug:

Speaking of wick though, I was pretty amazed just now while playing the practise area of speed slice, that when the candle appears it's possible to put out the flame by swinging the sword just above it! So cool. :awesome:

Mine came early this morning from Argos... £30!! Wahoo!!

It's great, really enjoying it!! Though yeah there are a few duds I'll never play!

Love Table Tennis, Frisbee, Golf, Bowling, Sword Fighting, Airplane and Basketball seems pretty good too...

Great game!!

Damn... the flying is... addictive, has anyone found all the info points yet? I think I now have 8 to go or something.