Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Retro_Link

I used to laugh at the mario kart double dash menu when the only thin you could really do was change the sound to mono,stereo or surround... you couln'd even turn up or off the music...

etc.. you either play it their way or nothing.

Remote control broken?

I bet all those people condemning Nintendo for not using online in this are still going to buy this and love it anyway.

I'm going to congratulate them. I'm sick of online modes.

Yeah if it's not online it's a joke, because otherwise alot of people aren't gonna be able to play the game the way it's supposed to be played with 4 players.

People should get more friends.

And as such Nintendo should sell the remotes cheaper.

I am sort of hoping they'll provide alternate control methods for this game. I don't want to have to slot my wiimote out of the motion plus in order to play it in the sideways way (my hands can just about reach the buttons if its in)

It's sad that they won't put online in it but I couldn't see myself playing this kind of game online.

With 3 more people in the same room is way more fun specially if it is cooperative. That's how I'll be playing it anyway, regardless of online presence.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah they meant this, but explained it in a stupid way with the whole 4D thing. 4D being that it's a 4 player co-op Mario, the first time there's been a Mario like this.

When they were building up the whole 'Shigsy revolutionary new idea'... 'taking Mario to a whole new dimension of gaming'... 'into 4D'... I was thinking OMFG!!!... Nintendo are gonna revolutionise the gaming world once again, but no...

Yeah they meant this, but explained it in a stupid way with the whole 4D thing. 4D being that it's a 4 player co-op Mario, the first time there's been a Mario like this.

When they were building up the whole 'Shigsy revolutionary new idea'... 'taking Mario to a whole new dimension of gaming'... 'into 4D'... I was thinking OMFG!!!... Nintendo are gonna revolutionise the gaming world once again, but no...

Just wait for it, they will pump out new peripherals like crazy fucks and then they will see what the feedback is amongst gamers. Then, when the Wii 2 hits the world, we will see holographic-motion sensing-madness!

Bringing the gaming world into your living room, literually:awesome:

• 1 month later...

^ Really? It looks watered down to me, but then I haven't played the DS version so don't really know what to expect.

Still can't stand the graphics they're going for with these new Marios!

Will probably be fun, but it's nothing I'm getting excited about atm.

Does Europe get this for Christmas?

Edited by Retro_Link

Just pray its longer than the DS version, you can rape that game in an afternoon. :(

You can rape it, but that will stop you from having a romantic li'l evening with it:laughing:

P.S.: OMFG IT'S CAPTAIN QUARCK!!

haven't seen him in ages, I must get my friend to buy the new Ratchet and Clanck for the PS3:yay:

Well it seems Nintendo have noticed that people still fucking love 2D mario games (Amazes the heck out of me how strong those legs on New Mario Bros has)

To me, it's going to be good I think, I know it ain't Mario 3 nor Super Mario World, buuut it's like Nintendo are trying to make it new and fresh and expand on a Mario 2D platformer again (Just looking at the levels in the demo of this game shows how much more it has expanded compared to the DS brother)