NEurope
Dyson

Halo: Reach

As mine bores holes into the back of my head through a dusty visor, I feel I must question this statement.

I'm just going to stick with the regular edition this time, none of the extra gubbins appeals to me.

Something can be awesome and utterly useless at the same. :grin:

But how can something based on Master Chief's amazingly dull helmet be awesome?

Oh man, that Reach Tesco deal just became extra awesome for me as they still have my Clubcard down as Staff on the website, meaning I get it for an extra 10% off. The total? £25. :D

That's awesome, man.

FYI, consider this na open invitation to the Halo Forever <3 thread over on the Edge forum. It's a really tight sub community of halo players and we're always looking for fresh meat/ new players. We've been discussing putting a bit more weight behind forge/ custom games but we need a more regular crowd. Sign up!

Dude you know I'm game with you guys as I was with Halo 3. Missed out on the ODST rage but am in without a doubt for Reach. I cannae wait.

bit of a media blow out if you missed them

'Battle Begins campaign trailer

and a full start to finish team slayer game on Reflection, AKA Ivory Tower (Halo 2)

God, that breathing sound while running is so annoying ._.

Other than that it looks cool.

Yeah it does seem a little intrusive. I don't remember it from the beta so it's either new or just not that noticable when you do more than watch a game on 'tube

I don't like how you can't look down the scope. That's something I miss whenever I go back to Halo. Just feel like I'm not being accurate enough. And yet the character models look to be shouldering the weapon... which they're clearly not.

I don't think that breathing is much of an issue. It's only when you sprint, other games have it too and you hardly notice when you're playing. If it was in the beta, I didn't notice it either.

Edit: although the more I watch it the more strange it seems. Why would you be out of breath the moment you start sprinting? :heh: (assuming you're not as out of shape as me, which I doubt someone who can apparently jump seventeen metres from a standing start would be).

Edited by Shorty

Whilst I might not be a professional sprinter, I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to breath like that anyway. You should hold your breath for short sprints — say around 10 seconds — and maintain measured, rhythmic breathing over longer stretches, not pant.

Presumably it's more of a game mechanic decision, an audio cue so people can hear you coming. They could have made it a bit less obtrusive on the player's end, though.

Excuse me while I cry guys :cry::weep:

What I'm also offended by is how you don't even know these people, yet you're judging them despite not contemplating the brutality and fear of war , their immense equipment burden, plus the possibility that the odd guy or two may have lost their fucking inhalers! You inconsiderate WANKERS!!!

---

(didd-fucking-ums)

Whilst I might not be a professional sprinter, I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to breath like that anyway. You should hold your breath for short sprints — say around 10 seconds — and maintain measured, rhythmic breathing over longer stretches, not pant.

Presumably it's more of a game mechanic decision, an audio cue so people can hear you coming. They could have made it a bit less obtrusive on the player's end, though.

I'll obviously need to hear it on my hi fi again but in the beta it was more of a hydraulic hiss from the armour so you might be right in that it's a pronounced cue.

Another map video. This time it's Zealot, aka 'son of midship'. It's a new map but shares the Covenant ship aesthetic and also features a section of map set on the exterior of the space ship with low gravity and so on. Looks like a proper hardcore arena map, too. :yay:

Yeah they have remarkably poor stamina for cyborg super soldiers...

Similar to the soldiers' "enhanced vision and sight" in Metal Gear Solid that means they can't see/hear a single thing further than two yards away from them.

As mine bores holes into the back of my head through a dusty visor, I feel I must question this statement.

I'm just going to stick with the regular edition this time, none of the extra gubbins appeals to me.

I've just cancelled my limited editon pre-order too, and I'm also going for the regular edition. The only major thing that I look for in special/limited editions is artbooks and making-of DVD's, which the Reach LE doesn't appear to include, so that pretty much put me off.

Watching new multiplayer videos on the net just makes me want this even more...

Playing Halo 3 more makes me ache for this game. Halo 3 is miles ahead of the likes of CoD but it has a few inconsistencies and flaws. Namely:

The BR is way, way too strong. Without it, you're often a sitting duck and left more or less defenseless against players in stronger positions with BRs. The arsenal in general actually is too weighted to 'key' weapons and doesn't invite experimentation.

Matchmaking has been gutted and fouled by dick heads. Major flaws in Bungie's system allow and encourage idiots to manipulate ranks and it's made the whole system worthless.

The Veto system is clumsy and weak.

Forge is a nightmare

The Meelee system is teh gays and often leads to trading kills.

Equipment was a good idea but it's ugly in execution.

In Reach, all of this is just...gone. I really, really can't wait to get my hands on it. All those issues have been totally fixed; the arsenal is even now that previously weak weapons have either been boosted or replaced, the DMR is what the BR should have been in the first place, Forge is looking incredible, Matchmaking has been completely overhauled and Armour Abilities have replaced equipment with a much more organic system that feels so much more like Halo than before.

More gameplay! This time it's on Pinnacle- AKA Halo 2's amazing Ascension. One of my all time favorite maps on any game, ever. It. Looks. Awesome.

Particularly liking the look of the hologram- you'll see at the start of the vid it sets up an absolutely priceless triple kill.

I've just watched A Spartan Will Rise trailer on Waypoint...very tasty. Its nice to see Dr Halsey getting some screen time and at least she looks closer to what the books describe her as, instead of what they made her look like in Halo Legends.

More gameplay! This time it's on Pinnacle- AKA Halo 2's amazing Ascension. One of my all time favorite maps on any game, ever. It. Looks. Awesome.

Particularly liking the look of the hologram- you'll see at the start of the vid it sets up an absolutely priceless triple kill.

I remember Ascension looking much more bleak in Halo 2.

Yeah it was. It's Forgeworld though innit so everything is sunny and Forerunner-y. It's not a full remake ala Reflection/ Ivory Tower

Awesome, anymore vids you find get em on here.

Edited by Caris