NEurope
Dyson

Halo: Reach

Don't say I never spoil you lot (in the kind, mothering sense, not the BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD sense.)

3 mins of the new Blood Gulch ahoy

I'd like to see Sidewinder return. I used to play an obscene amount of LAN CTF on it, the teamwork required for a flag throw through the grate being a regular highlight.

none have been announced but i'll eat my hat if the pit (best map amarite) isn't fan made inside of a week at most.

Looks awesome.

I saw your original post. You must've only watched the start of the video haha!

You know, I know people didn't/don't like the map but I would like to see Sand Trap from Halo 3 in Reach. I think the classes for playing as would make it a better map for playing on. Plus, I actually liked it, what with the sand crawler type things (although when CTF was placed to use those it was duff in comparison to when the flags where in the structures) and vehicle combat was good on it.

That's brilliant.

But whenever I watch trailers like that I can't help myself thinking... visually we have such a long way to go :heh: Fuck 3D, just get us a step closer to that every generation.

Yes, I'm aware of the inevitable backlash from this post, but having watched the videos, I honestly can't tell the difference between Halo 3 and Reach multiplayer. Admittedly, I've only played Halo multiplayer a handful of times after the game was launched

Anyone care to enlighten me?

To be honest though, the only thing I'm looking forward to here is the campaign, and that's because I get to fight Elites again. Brutes suck.

Does anybody know if they speak English like in Halo 2 and 3, or the "wort wort wort" from the first one?

They speak alien.

Also, you probably can't see the differences because you don't play FPSs much.

They speak alien.

Also, you probably can't see the differences because you don't play FPSs much.

Yeah, you got me there. I like them but mainly for the single player. I've played Halo online a bit, and I downloaded the Reach beta, but I hardly noticed any differences.

But then, that's probably because I didn't play Halo 3 much online.

So what is different?

There's an absolute metric fuckton of differences but it is still Halo so, yeah, if you've only played a couple of times then I can imagine you won't notice all that much.

few big ones:

-New 'armour abilities' give players special abilities with cooldowns like sprinting, jetpacks and invisibility.

- rebalanced weapons change the game massively

- new health / shield system (more like Halo: CE)

- New game modes

- Spartans and Elites are different: Elites are bigger, faster, regenerate health and have different abilities to Spartans.

-wort

-wort

-wort.

They speak alien.

What about the grunts? Do they speak English?

The NPC voice acting is one of my favourite things about Halo 3.

There's an absolute metric fuckton of differences but it is still Halo so, yeah, if you've only played a couple of times then I can imagine you won't notice all that much.

few big ones:

-New 'armour abilities' give players special abilities with cooldowns like sprinting, jetpacks and invisibility.

- rebalanced weapons change the game massively

- new health / shield system (more like Halo: CE)

- New game modes

- Spartans and Elites are different: Elites are bigger, faster, regenerate health and have different abilities to Spartans.

-wort

-wort

-wort.

Also, new engine. Which doesn't just mean greatly improved visuals but much bigger battles and sense of scale than in previous games.

What about the grunts? Do they speak English?

The NPC voice acting is one of my favourite things about Halo 3.

They should do as the Grunts have always spoken English. Or rather their language was the first to be made compatible with an automatic translator if you're a slave to the canon, which Bungie are.

Useless trivia: the Elites' iconic "wort, wort, wort" is actually Sergeant Johnson's "Go, go, go" played backwards.

Useless trivia: the Elites' iconic "wort, wort, wort" is actually Sergeant Johnson's "Go, go, go" played backwards.

Dammit I was gonna post that.

I think all their original dialog was various Johnson bites reversed. Wort Wort Wort is just the most famous.

Well, you have to use the awful GTTV Flash player which spoils most things.

Oh, apparently you won't be able to understand Grunts. I hope there's at least a skull that reneges that, humour has always been an integral part of the series for me.

It makes sense I suppose, from what I understood the Grunts just pick up and emulate English. But back on Reach maybe they wouldn't have learned any yet.