NEurope
Dyson

Halo: Reach

12 Days!...

My hype is starting to build, slowly but surely.

I started reading the Fall of Reach book this week, haven't read it since Halo 3's release. I forgot what a great read it is.

It's just dawned on me I might not have enough money to buy this.. The great irony being I spent money on a new Xbox to play this game. Curses.

And my bank have taken away my oversraft so I don't have any funds in my account. Meaning Tesco won't be able to take money. Meaning I WON'T GET MY REACH WAAA ;_;

However, we got the Legendary editions in at work today and they're huuuuuuuuge! I may see if I can open one up and check out the figure next week. :heh:

Are there going to be any midnight launches for this?

Or are we better off ordering from Gameplay and hopefully getting it the day before? I haven't preordered a game in yonks. I remember for Halo 3 I strolled into W H Smiths on the Wednesday and encouraged the wifey at the till to go into the backroom to get it for me. :heh:

We've been told we're doing a midnight launch so I'm pretty sure the whole company (GAME) will be : peace:

Those maps look brilliant. Boardwalk in particular is looking like a quality map. Aww yeeaa.

Argh! Why am I not hyped for this game? I should be. I enjoy the Halo games (mainly the campaign though), but can't really get too excited for this.

Played the first Halo for the first time in about 7 years the other day, and I was bored halfway through the second level. It really hasn't aged very well.

Argh! Why am I not hyped for this game? I should be. I enjoy the Halo games (mainly the campaign though), but can't really get too excited for this.

Played the first Halo for the first time in about 7 years the other day, and I was bored halfway through the second level. It really hasn't aged very well.

c'maana, don't bullshit me. It's aged really well! I played it not 2 weeks ago and it still kicks ass. Bit of a wrench, going backwards I suppose but it still holds up *amazingly* if you ask me. The Elites, particularly, are stunning.

I've always thought that the campaign in Halo CE was one of the most boring experiences of my life. The part which sticks out for me is when you run through a building in one level, then the next level your run back the opposite way, and then back the other way again. Then the notorious 'Library' where you walk around aimlessly killing the same guys over and over again.

Halo has always been about the multiplayer for me.

I've always thought that the campaign in Halo CE was one of the most boring experiences of my life. The part which sticks out for me is when you run through a building in one level, then the next level your run back the opposite way, and then back the other way again. Then the notorious 'Library' where you walk around aimlessly killing the same guys over and over again.

Halo has always been about the multiplayer for me.

Halo does suffer from the feeling that you're just walking around game-levels filled with bots. It doesn't matter in multiplayer obviously, but the campaign I think is tarnished because of it. Doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable in co-op.