NEurope
Dyson

Halo: Reach

I'm loving this. Has anyone used that badass gun that locks on to enemies and fires plasma grenades at them? It's the tits.

Wait a few seconds and chuck a grenade at their feet, Their power will run out the moment it explodes, leaving them with no hope of surviving.

As for the battle rifle, I'm pretty effective with it. Whereas I was useless with the one in Halo 3.

I'll do that, cheers. Should help against the bastards. I've been useless with the BR since Halo 2. Back then it was my weapon of choice, nowadays I avoid it like the plague.

Regarding the plasma grenade launcher, aw yeah. We call that the "cum gun" because of it's... well... I don't have to explain it. Hearing the noise it makes nearby and seeing that unwelcome glow is unsettling to say the least.

I'm so inconsistent, but when you play team games, it works out like that, only 1 game was I worst player, the rest of the time I was round mid range, a few instances in the top, just the stragglers who can't seem to kill and die. My kill/death spread is probably in the minuses with a few of the bad games I had (-11, goddamn) And the barely getting plus kills in some games.

BTW, one bad game I learned something.

Stalker + Rocket launcher = ownage

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Halo seems to be a community/social online game, wheras MW2 is competitive and serious. Which is why I prefer Halo.

As far as I'm concerned it's completely the other way round, try going into MLG in Halo 3. Extremely competitive the whole time. MW2 on the other hand doesn't really have a system to match you up with similar players so if you go in in a big group you're just going to destroy the opposition.

In terms of Reach; played it for about an hour just there. Not too sure what I think about it so far. A few quick thoughts:

-There aren't enough DMGs on the levels which makes it really hard to kill people.

-Feels a lot slower than Halo 3?

-The people I've played so far have generally been a very low standard...

-The new veto system could work but at the moment people always seem to choose the map which isn't Swordbase

I'm loving it, especially headhunter. Total chaos while chasing skulls = fun times.

reason #5467 this game rules: Sprinting in to a defending team with the hammer and getting a tripple kill. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL.

reason #5467 this game rules: Sprinting in to a defending team with the hammer and getting a tripple kill. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL.

Hammer Sprinting ftw, because of that, I was able to avoid finishing last last game.

Man, Fuck 1 flag. It gets played way to often, I think the problem is if people are looking at stats they don't know when the vote comes up and miss it.

As far as I'm concerned it's completely the other way round, try going into MLG in Halo 3. Extremely competitive the whole time.

You know MLG means Major League Gaming, right?

Stalker skill set + hammer = awesome! :grin: Played some team slayer and made use of that quite a lot in it. Twice I caught people off guard rounding corners, one a group of two, and killed them. Then chased someone wearing a jetpack who was trying to get away from me and swatted him out of the sky. Brilliant.

It certainly has it's moment online and while I haven't played MW2 recently to make a comparison (although when I stopped playing months ago, the servers and stuff were an absolute mess of glitches and cheats) but compared to the other online shooter I'm playing, Battlefield Bad Company 2, it's alright. Not quite as invigorating as that is. Wish the Invasion mode would come online though as playing the Rush mode in BBC2 has shifted my focus away from the likes of team deathmatches and capture the flag games.

So uh...anybody got an extra copy of ODST lying around anywhere, or a beta code? I know it's a long shot but Dyson wants to play Haloooo :(

You know MLG means Major League Gaming, right?

Yeah, the MLG playlist on Halo 3 is what I was talking about.

OH DEAR GOD I LOVE IT :)

What a game, iv just had a 6 hour stint on it, its brilliant!

Headhunter is shit hot, got a skullamanjaroo aswell, that was beast.

Juggernaut is ridiculous, but so fun (as long as they dont hide in a building), i really cant get enough of this already! NEED MORE MAPS!

P.s, whens invasion out?

I'm done with playing Grab Bag, all that's ever played is 1 flag and I hate it. Arena is at least fun, and great with Slayer Pro.

Haven't seen Headhunter or Juggernaut yet.

Haven't seen Headhunter or Juggernaut yet.

Only in grab bag from what I'm aware.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Only in grab bag from what I'm aware.

Nah theyre in the free-for-all game type, get onto em, skullhunters SO good

I am -6 on my K:D, 0.97. For a while it was above 1, but oh well.

got a group of 8 friends all together last night that made for some fun grab bagging, and I finally got to play Team Swat.

Also, this is pretty cool

I'm on +23 in six matches (a couple of matches didn't seem to register as I've played a few more than six), a ratio of 1.24. Which extremely high for me in any online shooter. I'm certain that the figure will quickly whittle down.

I'm on +23 in six matches (a couple of matches didn't seem to register as I've played a few more than six), a ratio of 1.24. Which extremely high for me in any online shooter. I'm certain that the figure will quickly whittle down.

It keeps track of the different game types. You've played 6 Arena games and 2 Standard matches.

My K/D ratio is 0.96, much better than my 0.75 on Halo 3

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Invasion is up and running.

Great fun. Played 5, won 5.

KD Ratio of around 1.2 which isn't too shabby. Took me a while to get into it but I'm loving it now. Especially when you see people fly into battle. Make themselves such an easy target to hit with your pistol when they're flying about!

I hope no one actually uses the assault rifle, ever. The pistol is the far better weapon for killing people. Only thing which annoys me is that if you miss a couple of times you'll get mowed down by an assault rifle because it can reload faster than the pistol.

Edited by Charlie

Invasion is great

the escalation of the conflict when the elites breach the hull and cross over to the yard is brilliant. The map is huuuuuuuuuuuge!

Balance needs a tweak I reckon- though it's hard to say whether it's to do with an unfair set up or just inexperienced/ rubbish players. Either way, Elites seem to be loosing way more than Spartans. Which is odd, given how strong the elites are man for man by comparison- but the Spartans get so many shiny, shiny toys. It's hard to match.