Left 4 Dead 2

Shorty

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Verdict: Mehhhh.

Thought there'd be more crossover points with the way that it's been hyped up. Nah. Also thought we'd end up fighting the last mission properly WITH the other survivors rather than them just sniping from safety.

Also: BILL'S DEAD?! NOOOOOOO!

So far I've found the passing a bit meh really. Its an ok level but it sort of feels like the final part of dead center with the underground section extended from the parish level.

I think the only highlight for me has been getting attached by multiple tanks at once. Even so, I'd say there is enough content there to merit a purchase.

Although I'd probably would pay for it, yeah, great to be a PC gamer.

Too bad it's just 3 maps, because I really love the setting. It does seem a bit easier though, I'm no expert, and it's been a while for L4D2, which itself already seemed harder than L4D1, but even on advanced I came across plenty medkits. The finale itself, is similar to the one of Dead Centre, which I find difficult, but this one has somewhat of a safezone, which makes it much easier. I would've loved more interaction with the old crew,

and I wonder why they didn't leave all together. I guess some things will be explained in the new DLC for L4D1, such as what happened to poor old Bill. Thank god it wasn't Zoey however!

;).

and I wonder why they didn't leave all together. I guess some things will be explained in the new DLC for L4D1, such as what happened to poor old Bill. Thank god it wasn't Zoey however!
;).

One of the conversations at the end goes something like:

Nick: "Why don't you come with us?"

Francis: "We've had enough of the military."

• 4 months later...

I've posted all the info on the dlc on another site as soon as it was available, I thought I had posted it here as well (just like the ME2 dlc), but this doesn't seem to be the case :D. Then again, I come here mainly for my Nintendo stuff, and the other site for my PC stuff. Anyway, to complement Cube's post with all the other available details:

- DLC is called "The sacrifice"

- Releasedate = 05-10-2010

- Free for PC and Mac, 560 points on X-Box

- Yes, Mac. Both L4D1 & L4D2, including all DLC, will be available for Mac on 05-10-2010

- Like Cube said, The sacrifice will be playable in L4D1 and L4D2.

- Valve will officially release No mercy as a L4D2 campaign (it is already available in various versions made by the community).

- The sacrifice and No mercy will in L4D2 be adjusted to make use of the L4D2 mechanics. Someone from Valve was already lusting over Zoey wielding a chainsaw. I will too.

- As you all will know, Bill will die in the campaign. This however is the "official canonical" version of the story. In the campaign itself, you actually have the choice who makes the sacrifice (I'll bet this will be an achievement).

- Starting begin September, Valve will release a digital 150-page comic, in 4 parts, untill the release of the DLC. Each part will tell the background of the original survivors, with the last part ending with Bill dying in The sacrifice. So you can choose to read about it first, or to actually play it first.

I believe that's all.

I can't wait, it sounds very cool. I for one will play The sacrifice in L4D1, the way it's meant to be played (and on 2 Ati cards by the way, but, well never mind that).

Also, Valve has just started promoting community campaigns. I didn't bother with them untill that point, but I've now downloaded 2 evil eyes, Dead city, and Death aboard. Haven't played the last 1 yet, but Dead City is pretty cool.

You can get them at L4dmaps.com. It has even inspired me to finally get back at mapmaking myself!

I may be in for a game some time, but I play at irregular times, and I don't have Steam on all the time. So maybe we can set up games here? Oh, and I really don't like to use my mic, my English verbal skills are not of the same quality as my writing skils :D.

Steamnick is Nat_King_Cole.

I have both l4ds, am I right in assuming, then, that the DLC will be separate for both versions of the game -- so if I want all the achievements I'll have to buy it twice? Sadface...

From the sounds of the description, you have to buy it once and you can play it in both games.