N-Europe

Summertime, Time To Sit Back and Unwind

Ashley

freshprince-summertime-1.jpg

Summer is (for some) upon us! Before you people in jobs moan about not getting one I don't care, move on :p

But nah. I finished my undergraduate degree earlier today and now have...not a lot planned until October when my postgrad starts. I am off on holiday in little over three weeks. After that I have the odd day or two planned and toward the end find a job and place to live in London.

I want to not work. This will be the first summer I've not worked. So I need ideas and suggestions on fun things to do.

And to open the floor up, anyone got any fun plans for their summers?

Got a back catalog of games? Summer is a good time to work on those while releases slow down.

Water parks are fun, but beware I've friends that work at one and the horror stories are enough to turn you off of them. Kids are nasty.

Bike to the next town/city over. That'll be a good for a laugh/heart attack.

Learn to juggle?

Got a back catalog of games? Summer is a good time to work on those while releases slow down.

Water parks are fun, but beware I've friends that work at one and the horror stories are enough to turn you off of them. Kids are nasty.

Bike to the next town/city over. That'll be a good for a laugh/heart attack.

Learn to juggle?

That I do. May start some of the near-dozen games I have and haven't started.

No water parks near me, plus going by myself...? Meh.

I have no bike. But do plan on exploring the local area (as it will be new to me) by foot. Plus a new camera which is always shiny.

I can barely get out of bed without falling over so juggling ain't my thing :p But you reminded me, I may take up jogging.

Thanks for the ideas :) (presuming they were aimed at me and not your actual list of things to do)

I break up in 2 weeks, and then have exams spread from then on until late June. After that, I'm off to Ibiza for just under two weeks on the 14th which should be amazing amounts of fun.

Other than that, it's praying I got into Sheffield and then bugger all else. Yay.

I don't know whether money is an issue, Ash, but what I sometimes do is head to the train station and just get on a train and see where it takes me. Just get on, don't have to get off where it eventually finishes, and just explore. It's great. Spent a whole day a couple of years back doing it, ending up in some questionable places but that's the whole fun about it. Only problem is the constant buying of tickets as you don't have a defined destination. Although, if you're lucky you may be able to get away without a ticket. :o

That's obviously something you wouldn't do every day but once in a while it's great fun. I'm in the same boat though as I have no idea what to do in the summer. My summer basically started on April 3rd and I won't be back at Uni until Septembet 10th or something. Quite shocking really. So far I've gotten by with writing for work and listening to music but as I've completed all my writing stuff I've been left with nothing to do. Do need to find a job but part time as I want to be able to relax and enjoy this summer.

I've booked off two weeks in August around my birthday, woop woop. Meant to be going to Amsterdam but still haven't booked it and I've still not been paid for last month, bargh.

I'll also be having some weekends in Manchester, London, Cheltenham and Lincoln seeing various lovely people.

Ashley... do zorbing, go to thorpe park/alton towers, take up photography, learn a new language, watch old films, write a short story, wander around Museums, wander around London for that matter, go to Brighton!!, take a diablo and a picnic to the park on a sunny day.

Although some are people/budget dependent suggestions, I tried :p

Lol summer

i have exams :D

But you could road trip it?

I have no car, nor have the (legal) ability to drive (come on, ReZ can do it. Can't be that hard ;))

Your summer length is ridiculous Ashley.

Yeah but its the last long holiday of my life. I think I've earned it :heh:

I don't know whether money is an issue, Ash, but what I sometimes do is head to the train station and just get on a train and see where it takes me. Just get on, don't have to get off where it eventually finishes, and just explore. It's great. Spent a whole day a couple of years back doing it, ending up in some questionable places but that's the whole fun about it. Only problem is the constant buying of tickets as you don't have a defined destination. Although, if you're lucky you may be able to get away without a ticket. :o

Money is an issue but I do plan to finally go to Reading which I've been planning to do for ages. Other than that I think I've gone everywhere I want to in this country...Oh wait I'd like to go to Liverpool so maybe that.

Ashley... do zorbing, go to thorpe park/alton towers, take up photography, learn a new language, watch old films, write a short story, wander around Museums, wander around London for that matter, go to Brighton!!, take a diablo and a picnic to the park on a sunny day.

Although some are people/budget dependent suggestions, I tried :p

The fark (fark, not frak) is zorbing? I'm going to Disneyland Tokyo which are better :p Although again with a lack of car these theme parks are hard to get by. I do photography. I am learning Japanese. I intend to watch old films. Short story...maybe? I will be frequenting London looking for jobs/house. And I'd love to go to Brighton (to see Flinky of course) but it costs £40 on the train.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions people :)

So far I have spent my first day of summer making cupcakes and watching Scrubs. Good so far :yay:

And I'd love to go to Brighton (to see Flinky of course) but it costs £40 on the train.

He's actually moving back to Newport soon though so you'd have to hurry. =P

I honestly don't know what you could do other than the things that have already been sugggested. Five months off is a ridiculous time though, even if it's your last holiday. X3

My only plan so far is the N-E meet, heh. And even that hasn't been planned yet, still need to book a hotel and buy my Eurostar tickets. =P

Other than that, my summer is looking quite empty!

The fark (fark, not frak) is zorbing? I'm going to Disneyland Tokyo which are better :p Although again with a lack of car these theme parks are hard to get by. I do photography. I am learning Japanese. I intend to watch old films. Short story...maybe? I will be frequenting London looking for jobs/house. And I'd love to go to Brighton (to see Flinky of course) but it costs £40 on the train.

I did zorbing earlier this year. Basically you get strapped into a huge inflatable ball and rolled down a hill.

He's actually moving back to Newport soon though so you'd have to hurry. =P

I honestly don't know what you could do other than the things that have already been sugggested. Five months off is a ridiculous time though, even if it's your last holiday. X3

My only plan so far is the N-E meet, heh. And even that hasn't been planned yet, still need to book a hotel and buy my Eurostar tickets. =P

Other than that, my summer is looking quite empty!

Newport is actually closer (and in fact to get to it I'd have to go through the city im currently living in but won't be by next week).

What are you talking about? Me and you are joining the Pixar team remember? :p

Newport is actually closer (and in fact to get to it I'd have to go through the city im currently living in but won't be by next week).

What are you talking about? Me and you are joining the Pixar team remember? :p

But I have two more years to go through school though! =(

Contact me again in two years and we can do it! =D

I did zorbing earlier this year. Basically you get strapped into a huge inflatable ball and rolled down a hill.

It's fantastic! I did it on some random hill near Crewe a couple of years ago. But it's nothing on skydiving for the ultimate rush.