Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 720 at e3?

Choze

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/977/977287p1.html

Microsoft is gearing up for a big presence at E3 which will completely transform how people think about home entertainment.

Sounds like a new console. Reminds me of the language Nintendo used for Revolution. also rumours regarding big announcements aimed at hardcore? MGS4? We know there are a ton of games not shown yet. Splinter Cell to Alan Wake for example.

edit: Sounds like Live is headed to Windows Mobile and Zune.

Edited by Choze

How about a console that doesn't look like a cheap piece of crap and doesn't sound like Armageddon. Would be a start.

They were never aiming for quality though. Its about low sticker prices. Plus most will not do much research for a games console compared to a pair of jeans.

Xbox 720 will have alot of PS3 features no doubt. Blu Ray , HDD etc. But MS could go the core/arcade route again and keep costs low.

A wild speculation, but I say it'll be the ability to gain experience points from watching and listening to certain movies/music on the system. It'll change "how people think" as now when you rent/buy a DVD, instead of just judging how good the film is, people will judge how many experience points they'll earn by watching it.

Also, I predict they'll announce a "Blu-ray on Xbox" add-on.

Guest Jordan

The 360 still has 3 or 4 years left in it.

Even compared to PC's its still very powerful, not to mention games are still coming out that are pushing the boundaries of what was thought possible in terms of the graphics.

Buh yeah, that achievements for movies thing is a terrible idea. Achievement points will just become so easy to get then...

I'd be utterly amazed if an Xbox 720 were revealed, doubt we'll see that for a good few years yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 360Lite, redesigned with downloadable media and games very much at the forefront.

yeah id be pissed if new hardware from any company were announced this year or even next year.

But yeah, transforming how i think about home entertainment? At the very least, im curious.

A wild guess: Microsoft buys out Netflix and/or Onlive and conquers the world (excluding Japan)

Edited by Pit-Jr

It won't happen, maybe they will be releasing a handheld? - still very unlikely and wouldn't make good business sense atm - or maybe they will reveal some kind of 'me too' motion control device :/ tbh I'm not hopefull and I just hope it's something good and none of the above.

Tbh I would be happy if they had managed to redesign the Xbox 360 so that it's reliable enough to last more than 3 - 5 years without breaking... this also won't happen so *shrugs* Idk... I just hope it's something good lol. :p

No one's enough of an idiot to launch a more powerful machine any time soon; companies are going under all the time due to the high production values of the current generation, so there would be bugger all support for a machine that's even riskier to develop for and has a userbase starting from scratch all over again.

That said, I think it's well past time Microsoft released a redesigned 360. Design the case for the living room rather than the bedroom, make the machine quieter, and above all make sure any hardware faults are a rarity as opposed to a question of "when, not if" and I'd probably buy one just for peace of mind. Oh, and make sure it has built-in wireless, an idiot proof guide to getting online and some complimentary MS points, as I'm pretty sure that Live is where the 360 makes most of its money and right now a lot of people aren't even signed up.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the PR natterings in the first post are referring to 1 vs. 100 and whatever Live 'boadcasts' Microsoft might be working on. I'm hoping they're going to be showing some new exclusive games too, of course, but changing "how people think about home entertainment" is going to be getting your mum playing bingo or Deal Or No Deal online with other Avatars aiming to win real prizes, not unveiling Bungie's next game or the like.

Xbox Live for Windows Mobile and Zune. ;)

This is inevitable. e3 is the perfect event for an announcement. All the pawns are already in place.

Symbian have N-Gage by Nokia and they have spoken about MS/Live.