N-Europe

When and Where Do You Work Best?

Fierce_LiNk

I've probably made this thread before...but the responses might be different now, as I'm sure this was a long time ago, if I had done it. (Don't Check...just assume this is neeew).

My question to you guys is When do you think you are most productive, and where?

Now, maybe this is just me and my strange way of working. I love staying up late at night. I find working on essays and stuff during the daytime to be too difficult, because there's a whole heap of other stuff going on. I'll check this place, I'll talk to people, I'll watch tv, and I'll look out of the window. There's too many distractions.

11 o'clock onwards, and I find that suddenly I can write about a thousand or many more words easily...because there's nothing else around. There's just me, the laptop, and peace. I don't tend to work much in my room, because to me, the room is where I play games, or watch films, or sleep. I do my work in the living room, where I can sit on the sofa and just...type away.

Occasionally, I will put my feet up in bed and work, but my internet connection isn't great there, which is another reason to work downstairs.

So, I pose this to you: When and Where do you think you work best? Maybe you have jobs that can only be done in the day. Why do you think you work better some days and not others?

Hmm I reckon I work best in the early morning. Say 9ish onwards. I just can't get into a good working stint if I don't start early which is quite annoying. Best place for me is probably the dining room table, the entire room just seems to make me work like a mule.

UNDER YOUR BED LISTENING TO YOU LIVE!

I work best [Chris Crocker]alone[/Chris Crocker]! Preferably sans internet but never happens. But yeah I can't deal with distractions in the form of other people (which conflicts a bit with the fact my housemate can't work alone so I tend to end up doing little things and then working when she goes to bed). Time isn't so relevent, as long as my brain is plugged in.

I can't work in the library. The uni one is so stuffy and filled with rugby boys that just ruin everything and I actually get claustrophobic in there after an hour or so. My bed is where its at.

I procrastinate unbelievably. I have no idea when or where I work best, except under pressure. But that's not necessarily my "best" work, it's just how you get me to work in the first place.

I mean, I just started doing my easy-peasy (by normal people's standards) work for this holdiay tonight. I go back to school on Wednesday, and at the rate I work at, I won't get enough done at all.

I work best in my bed. ;)

Seriously, I wake up around 6:30 - 7 and get on with work from my Bed (an Idea adopted from Ine!)

I'm most comfortable while lying down relaxed and I get on with Revision/essays etc, while listening to music! :D I finish about 12 as my mind goes to pot by then and I can't stop thinking about lunch! :grin:

Seriously, I wake up around 6:30 - 7 and get on with work from my Bed (an Idea adopted from Ine!)

I'm most comfortable while lying down relaxed and I get on with Revision/essays etc, while listening to music! :D I finish about 12 as my mind goes to pot by then and I can't stop thinking about lunch! :grin:

I want your work ethic.

In my first year at uni a creative writing tutor was firm in his belief that most people were most creative either just before going to bed or just after waking up. Personally, I'd say I'm most creative when I'm on a drug of some sort :P Most productive when I'm 12 hours away from a deadline... but my best work is done at about 3am when the world is dead and time is jelly.

But this is all based upon the assumption that 'work' actually ever happens.

Oh, and I agree with Paj; Coolness that work ethic is utterly bonkers.

I don't have a where. I can work anywhere.

The problem is the when. I work sporadically. Sometimes when I'm in the mood, other times when I'm not. It's very annoying.

Like today I tried to write my essay. Spent all day doing nothing. About 8 pm, I actually started writing.

The moral of the story is don't force it.

Hmm I reckon I work best in the early morning. Say 9ish onwards. I just can't get into a good working stint if I don't start early which is quite annoying. Best place for me is probably the dining room table, the entire room just seems to make me work like a mule.

What happens if you don't work in the morning? Do you put it off to the next day then? Working early is good...I need to do it more.

UNDER YOUR BED LISTENING TO YOU LIVE!

I work best [Chris Crocker]alone[/Chris Crocker]! Preferably sans internet but never happens. But yeah I can't deal with distractions in the form of other people (which conflicts a bit with the fact my housemate can't work alone so I tend to end up doing little things and then working when she goes to bed). Time isn't so relevent, as long as my brain is plugged in.

I can't work in the library. The uni one is so stuffy and filled with rugby boys that just ruin everything and I actually get claustrophobic in there after an hour or so. My bed is where its at.

Library are pretty bad to work in, because people are never usually quiet. And, if they are, it's so unnerving, having a room full of quiet people...I don't like it.

I procrastinate unbelievably. I have no idea when or where I work best, except under pressure. But that's not necessarily my "best" work, it's just how you get me to work in the first place.

I mean, I just started doing my easy-peasy (by normal people's standards) work for this holdiay tonight. I go back to school on Wednesday, and at the rate I work at, I won't get enough done at all.

The thing I find with uni is that we get so much time off, that it feels like we haven't actually got anything to do. If I was in uni 5 days a week, I think I'd actually get more done, as I'd be in "work mode."

Dude, that's awesome. I only ever get up at that time if I need to leave the house to work. There's no way I'd do that, as bed would just be too tempting. I like to sleeeep.

In my first year at uni a creative writing tutor was firm in his belief that most people were most creative either just before going to bed or just after waking up. Personally, I'd say I'm most creative when I'm on a drug of some sort :P Most productive when I'm 12 hours away from a deadline... but my best work is done at about 3am when the world is dead and time is jelly.

But this is all based upon the assumption that 'work' actually ever happens.

You're most creative with cider and perhaps Super Smash Bros. Melee. You knows it to be truuue.

Before bed and after awaking sounds about right though, I think.

And it's a great way to work! =D

The thing I find with uni is that we get so much time off, that it feels like we haven't actually got anything to do. If I was in uni 5 days a week, I think I'd actually get more done, as I'd be in "work mode."

Heh, I'm at school 5 days a week usually, and really, by the time I get home I really don't feel like doing any more work. Though sadly I usually have to. I'd love to have some more time offffff!

As for me though, I think I usually work best in the evening (I'm using holiday weeks here, as during school weeks I don't even have the option to work at any other time =P ). It's usually a bit more quiet then, with people watching tv or doing their work. I prefer to work in my room, sitting or laying down on my bed, though it depends on the work (painting I do on the floor in my room for example). And yeah, I also work best when under pressure I guess. Not my most quality work then, but I get it done, which is the most important usually. X3

I want your work ethic.

I wish I didn't have it! :p It doesn't get me anywhere. If I didn't I'd be as clueless as a chicken.

Well last year I think I overworked so I'm easing on the brakes a bit this year and relaxing more! :D

Try and get what works best for you I guess. It is hard to get the right Balance. Like this is what my plan for the Holiday is. It goes a bit off this as I'm having later Nights than I said I would but...

Wake up about 6. (I work best in the mornings). Relax for an hour to get rid of that tiredness feeling and get my bearings. Then at 7 start for revision for two hours until 9. Within that my breaks would include when I gete distracted by say N-E etc.

Then take an hours break 10-11. Then work from 11-1. Though sometimes it has been cut short as I get hungry.. lose steam. Even then I don't get all the work done!

It takes me ages to get things done. During the term I take ages in the evening to get things done and usually give up by 9 and wake up at 5 to get my work finished.

I'm not going to lie is crazy but I can't work any other way. :) I really cannot relax until I've got work done otherwise I have it lingering in the back of my mind and I cannot enjoy myself!

It just annoys me that I know people that work much less than me but do so much better than me. I feel I'm more intelligent than them though. Is why I hate exams, It is a test of memory not ability!

I know you didn't really ask for that. sorry. : peace:

Yeah, for art students, it's a bit different. We have to go to college just as though it was school. Which is better for art, tbh, as I get shit all done outside of school art-wise atm.

To be honest I hate having to actually work in school. I never get anything done there for some reason. Too many people around distracting you. Plus I hate having people watching over my shoulders to see what I'm doing. I work a lot better at home, so I usually feel like I'm wasting my time in school... But yeah, because I can't work there it means I have to work double as hard when at home. Really annoying. =(

Dude, that's awesome. I only ever get up at that time if I need to leave the house to work. There's no way I'd do that, as bed would just be too tempting. I like to sleeeep.

Rule No. 5: A Coolness Never Sleeps. :p

This will just make you think I'm crazier but I don't like sleeping,haha! (because sleep is the cousin of death!)

I'm an odd fellow.

Is why I hate exams, It is a test of memory not ability!

For some of the english papers, I totally agree.

Memorising quotes? Why? That's not an assessment of analytical ability what so ever, it's just a memory test to make it less easy to wing!

Definitely late at night. I suddenly find myself not wanting to sleep, even though I'm tired, so working gives me something to do.

I need to sleep now, so I can do masses of work tomorrow...but I just can't get the drive to go and get ready for bed. Meh.

:blank:

*Says nothing, before turning into his soul-self and flying out the window*

taking-aim.jpg

An easy target.

*readies gun, and stands in a way that invites Heartless to attack. He may as well get some EXP before fighting Chair*

I hate to leave work until after noon so I have to get it done early. I'm normally up at like 7am so do everything I want, such as watch the news, come on here, what have you and then get down to work at 9am on the dot and go from there until I finish, which is usually an hour and a half later or so. And all my work is done from the comfort of my bed. :D House is Wi-Fi'd up so grabe my laptop, plonk it down at the end of the bed and lie down to get the work done. It's a nice and comfortable environment to do it with in and it works perfectly. Never fail to get work done if I sit down to do it in this way.

It seems strange, yes, and when you consider the vast amount of distractions there are in my room it's unbelievable that I can switch off for a couple of hours so early in the morning and forget about them all and work happily. Oh and some music helps. Doesn't matter what it is as it just helps to chill the mind.

I find i work best closer to deadlines, this is the same for exams and coursework. Apparently i'm one of those people that spend a week before the exam revising and still get a good grade, which i suppose is true (*touches wood* - as in the material :P). I seem be the most productive in the day time when no ones in, i'll go sit in my bros room as it has a huge desk, and work there with no distraction. I usually go for 1 hour at a time then have a 30 mins break.

That sounds exactly like me. Glad Im not alone.

That said I have a massive amount of work to do by Tuesday and I've barely started :( 4 Essays, a Tonne of Art sketchbook work, and other random bits of homework, urgh. Youd have thought they'd just let us revise this close to exams.

And like many people here it;s more the when than the where. Im hopeless at doing work right after it's been set and always leave things till the last minute... which usually works out but blah.

Oh but if Im anywhere near a computer then work just ain't happening.