N-Europe

3DS eShop Thread

darksnowman

@Cube, every time I've come online today you've been on the eShop. Did you purposely leave it on or something?

I have absolutely no idea...

Ah, I started updating my Ambassador Games but it was taking too long so I closed the 3DS.

This Thursday/Friday:

3DS

LEGO® Legends of CHIMA: Laval's Journey - Demo & Download £34.99/€39.99

Rayman Origins - £17.99/€19.99

Luxor - €11.99(£10.79)

BUGS vs. TANKS!™ - €7.99(£7.19)

3D Game Collection - €24.99 (£11.99)

Gardenscapes - €24.99 (£14.99)

The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels - €4.99/£4.49

Witch's Cat - €4.99/£4.49

101 DinoPets 3D - €4.00(£3.59)

3DS VC

Defenders of Oasis - €3.99(£3.59)

Tails Adventure - €4.99(£4.49)

Anyone had any issues linking their 3DS to their club Nintendo account? I ge a password error every fudging time!

I can log into my Club Nintendo account on my PC/iPhone (but only by cutting and pasting the password from my email strangely!) and as I can't do this on my 3DS it won't log me in. If I want to change my password it also won't let me do this when in my Club Nintendo settings!

I therefore can't add the so many games promotional titles to my account to claim my free downloadable game - as times a running out I'm getting peeved!

Anybody played PICROSS e? How long is it? Worth 5€?

Should I directly go with PICROSS e2?

And what about the retail game, PICROSS 3D?

Let's have a look at my Activity Log -

Picross e 14 hours

Picross e2 16 hours

Picross DS and Picross 3D have a lot more content, so should keep you busy longer, but if you enjoy the puzzles, you should buy them all!

Picross 3D is a very different game from the original 2D Picross series. It's really good (if a bit flawed in how it relies on a bit of guesswork here and there) and a very interesting 3 dimensional take on Picross that you'll probably spend months and months on before completing all 300+ puzzles!

Picross DS is, in my opinion, the best Picross game I have played. It has levels based upon themes. For example a Nintendo Level, where you'll be solving pictures of Mario, etc. Plus it has bigger puzzles than both the 3DS eShop versions offer (the biggest they go up to is a 15x15 grid, iirc the DS version has 25x25 grids).

The newest, Picross E2, does have a nice Micross mode where all the smaller puzzles link into unlocking pictures, such as the Mona Lisa, or The Gleaners.

All are excellent, but for me Picross DS was sublime.

I put about 15 hours into Picross e so it was well worth it for me. Honestly not sure if e2 has more content in it or not so I couldn't say whether you should just go for that one.

Picross 3D is quite different compared to the normal ones, and is developed by HAL rather than Jupiter, but it's still a first-party entry so it's perfectly well-presented and addictive.

I adore Picross games. I'd say any is well worth €5.

Bought DKC and AC on the eShop but my 3DS wasn't linked to my club Nintendo account...wasn't showing up so mailed Ninty...

Response:

Please note that this system does not work retroactively, this means that any games that you purchased before linking the console to Club Nintendo will not be able to be registered

So...can't get the free game. (already had luigi), What a fudging absolute joke!!

Bought DKC and AC on the eShop but my 3DS wasn't linked to my club Nintendo account...wasn't showing up so mailed Ninty...

Response:

Please note that this system does not work retroactively, this means that any games that you purchased before linking the console to Club Nintendo will not be able to be registered

So...can't get the free game. (already had luigi), What a fudging absolute joke!!

That is bullshit...

That is bullshit...

Yeah, I'll be complaining - but having read their T&C's they seem to have their backs well covered. May send them pics as proof. ::shrug:

I'm also 100% certain my 3DS was linked to my club Nintendo account so don't know why it logged out before this promo. The fact that it doesn't indicate if you are 'linked' to your account or not in a better manner is poor design too. Perhaps when I changed my SD card it unlinked my account. Unsure...

I generally think when you spend £60 to purchase two digital games, it's an absolute farce that they couldn't recognise this at least. I've never really minded their archaic digital principals thinking they wouldnt really affect me as a consumer, but now having been sucker punched by them I'm tempted to boycott digital Nintendo goods in the future.

Any decent company would come to an amicable outcome for their customer. We'll see how good NoE are...

That is bullshit...

To be fair, if that wasn't in place, the system could be very easily abused to hell. You could just keep putting your CN account on your friends systems and retroactively add all of their purchased games to your account without paying anything.

It sucks, but it's not hard to see why they put that limitation in there...

Yeah, I'll be complaining - but having read their T&C's they seem to have their backs well covered. May send them pics as proof. ::shrug:

I'm also 100% certain my 3DS was linked to my club Nintendo account so don't know why it logged out before this promo. The fact that it doesn't indicate if you are 'linked' to your account or not in a better manner is poor design too. Perhaps when I changed my SD card it unlinked my account. Unsure...

I generally think when you spend £60 to purchase two digital games, it's an absolute farce that they couldn't recognise this at least. I've never really minded their archaic digital principals thinking they wouldnt really affect me as a consumer, but now having been sucker punched by them I'm tempted to boycott digital Nintendo goods in the future.

Any decent company would come to an amicable outcome for their customer. We'll see how good NoE are...

Response:

Same thing with me and Monster Hunter. Got an absolutely generic templated reply to my email too. I'm not really surprised as it was genuinely my mistake, but to simply refuse to register the title on Club Nintendo is pretty mean spirited from a company renowned for having great customer service.

I may be being dumb, but how could this system be gamed by customers? If you have the transaction ID and also the 3DS code it should be pretty straightforward for them to trigger the registration on the Club Nintendo database.

Are they being super careful due to the current promotions? Hopefully they'll ease up once the promotions end since Nintendo's eShop policies are broken and I'd really like a record of my digital purchases on my Club Nintendo account.

Edited by Guy