NEurope

GAME have reduced their prices for the 3DS download codes by a couple of quid each, e.g. MH3 and FE:A were 34.99 and are now 32.99.

Help me, I don't know which to get. I have MH3WiiU, but haven't really started playing yet as I am trying to finish Batman AC still. I will be giving it my due attention soon though. FE:A interests me, but have never stuck at it, I prefer Advance Wars (which I love). Will I like FE:A, is it comparable to AW or very different in gameplay?

Will I like FE:A, is it comparable to AW or very different in gameplay?

Well they're both turn-based strategy games and they're both developed by Intelligent systems... apart from that I say they're quite different.

Fire Emblem is more story and character based as it's an RPG as well. I'm probably not best to answer as I've only played Advance Wars on the GBA. I enjoyed it but that was a long time ago and I haven't played the other games in the series yet.

Have you tried the FE demo?

Yeah, I did enjoy it even though it was short lived. I just don't know if I'm tactical enough to get the most out of it though.

I say go for it then. This game pretty much has it all and accessibility-wise there are more options so that newcomers or those who haven't played strategy games or are finding the difficulty to hard can fit in.

Hoping that Nintendo start to roll out some more Virtual Console games, I'm really hoping that they decide to give us Kuru Kuru Kururin - greatest puzzle game since Tetris.

Hoping that Nintendo start to roll out some more Virtual Console games, I'm really hoping that they decide to give us Kuru Kuru Kururin - greatest puzzle game since Tetris.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/04/28/the-future-of-the-eshop-and-virtual-console/

About four or five days ago, I hinted at the idea of Wii U VC games being playable on 3DS, and 3DS VC games being playable on Wii U.

It sounds amazing, but it’s not that simple. And I question whether anyone can actually call it “cross play” since you’re basically rebuying your games.

Not every VC game will allow this.

A VC game would have to release on both Wii U VC and 3DS VC for this to work.

You have to pay a discount price to transfer a Wii U VC game to 3DS. It would be just like how you pay a discount price to play a Wii VC game on Wii U.

Nintendo realizes that it’s going to get increasingly more difficult to convince you to buy the same NES games over and over for $5. How many times can they get you to buy Super Mario World or Ice Climbers? Think about it. You buy Super Mario World on the Wii Virtual console. You then pay a discount fee ($1.50) to play Super Mario World on the Wii U. Then they would make you pay another discount fee to play Super Mario World on the 3DS. I’m not saying Super Mario World is one of those games that will do this. I’m just using Super Mario World as a hypothetical example.

Discount price means it’s an impulse buy.

Discount price means that people will continue pumping money into games they already own so they can conveniently play their favorite games on more than one platform.

Nintendo doesn’t want revenue to stop flowing in for a popular VC title once you already own it.

On another note: Some people have asked me if this means games will be linked to an account. I don’t think these two things are related. Linking one piece of hardware to another piece of hardware doesn’t require an account. If you can send your Miis from your 3DS to your Wii U, then I don’t see why it would be difficult to do the same with certain VC games. Especially since Nintendo had a feature on the original Wii where you could download DS demos to your DSi.

There’s a bunch of people who took a tweet of me saying Nintendo will have a good E3 out of context. They tried connecting it to my other tweets. I never specifically said this feature of playing Wii U VC games on 3DS was going to be announced at E3. But I have no doubt we will hear more news about playing Wii U VC games on 3DS (and vice versa) before the end of the year. Especially since we have GBA games coming to the Wii U VC soon.

I also said we would hear about gifting for the Wii U eShop by the end of this year. I stand by this as well. Gifting was a feature requested by a lot of indie developers and gamers to return.

Until it comes out of the horse’s mouth (Nintendo’s mouth) feel free to label everything above as rumor. But I felt this article was necessary to keep people from taking my tweets out of context.

Obviously this could all be rubbish but if it does turn out that Wii U VC games will be playable on the 3DS Nintendo will def make us pay again. I really wish the gaming media when interviewing the top brass would ask them the question "Why do you make gamers pay for the same content again and again?" and just see what pathetic excuse they use to try and justify it.

It's Pinball madness this week;

3DS eShop Temporary Discount

Marvel Pinball 3D (€3.49 / £2.99 until 9th May, normally €6.99 / £6.29) — Zen Studios is one of the top pinball game developers out there, and probably the best known, and it did a good job of bringing the experience to 3DS. Now available a tasty discount, you can read why we think you should consider this title in our Marvel Pinball 3D review.

2.99 that's a crazy price, wow.

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/nintendo_download_2nd_may_2013_europe

I have found a new love via 3DS eShop, or Virtual Console to be exact. I finally started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones on my 3DS. I don't know why I held it behind for such a long time, but it surely was worth the wait. I'm only at chapter 7, about 4 hours of gameplay behind, but love the game already.

Now, I really think about trying out other Fire Emblem games, to see if they are as good as this one. And I think they are. Just not sure which one to try next. Well, perhaps I should beat this one first. :grin:

I have found a new love via 3DS eShop, or Virtual Console to be exact. I finally started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones on my 3DS. I don't know why I held it behind for such a long time, but it surely was worth the wait. I'm only at chapter 7, about 4 hours of gameplay behind, but love the game already.

Now, I really think about trying out other Fire Emblem games, to see if they are as good as this one. And I think they are. Just not sure which one to try next. Well, perhaps I should beat this one first. :grin:

Get Awakening, just came out on the 3DS. :)

For my next 3DS game, it's certainly Luigi's Mansion 2 or Awakening. Haven't decided yet.

Oh wow! We get it at the same time as the US?! Freaking sweet!

Amazing how Genius Sonority have done a fantastic job with the western releases of these games all by themselves, while larger developers & publishers pathetically flounder :laughing:

Went crazy on the sales today...picked up;

Kirby's Adventure (3D Classic)

Pushmo (for some reason always thought this was a block pushing game purely and had no interest but it has platforming now I'm interested)

Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH

Marvel Pinball 3D

Last two mainly just as time wasters you know mobile type games.

Pushmo (for some reason always thought this was a block pushing game purely and had no interest but it has platforming now I'm interested)

You're going to be very disappointed if you expect much from the platforming in Pushmo. :p

You're going to be very disappointed if you expect much from the platforming in Pushmo. :p

What I mean is I just thought it was pushing blocks round a square but now I've watched the trailers etc...I can see there is more to it.

Good week for 3DS :)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (Nintendo) - €9.99/£8.99

After yet another huge success with the theme park in Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!, the Mario Toy Company decides to host a Mini Toy Carnival this year. This time, however, Donkey Kong has joined with Pauline to run a game arcade inside the carnival. Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move is a charming single-player puzzle game set in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong universe. Several Mario-universe characters appear in this game and of course you will meet Mario and Donkey Kong represented as mechanical clockwork toys. This game features a simple-to-use Create & Share mode which allows you to create your own content that you can share with your friends. Can you help Mario and his friends in this great puzzle game?

The Starship Damrey (Level-5) - €7.99/£7.19

From two masters of suspense, Kazuya Asano and Takemaru Abiko, comes a new twist on the genre as players discover a fear born of innocence. You awaken to discover that you are trapped in a Cold Sleep capsule aboard the titular Starship Damrey with no memory of who you are or how you got there. With no tutorials, explanations, or hints provided, the game was created with the intent that self-discovery and experimentation be an integral part of the experience. An inconceivable truth awaits those willing to discover it. Do you dare to hope? Or will despair claim the final shreds of your mind? Discover the mystery of the Starship Damrey to find out for yourself...

Bloody Vampire (Agetec) - €4.99/£4.49

Several years ago, a strange man made his way to the ruins of an abandoned castle on the outskirts of a small town called Verulia. Since then the locals fear the castle. Recently, a merchant travelled to Verulia and discovered the entire town was deserted. Her story was embellished, as disturbing rumours of a vampire inhabiting the castle spread like wildfire through the land. As Latis has become older and learned more about herself from Cereza, she feels she is destined by her heritage, to bring an end to any threat that vampires pose to humanity. Join Latis and Cereza on their adventure and discover the secrets buried deep in the ancient castle of Verulia.

Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini (Natsume) - €3.99/£3.59

Reel Fishing® 3D Paradise Mini offers a fun and challenging experience for novice fishers and master anglers alike. Put your skills to the test as you must complete over 20 missions in a variety of different fishing locals. Each fish looks and moves so much like the real thing, it's the closest you can get to real-life fishing without putting on your waders! Choose from a variety of lures to attract and hook the game's numerous wily fish. Do you have what it takes to become the next great Fishing Master!

Wrecking Crew (Nintendo, NES VC) - €3.99/£3.59

In NES classic Wrecking Crew, Mario and Luigi swap their plumber's caps for hard hats as they take on the role of demolition engineers! One or two players must demolish every obstacle in each enemy-infested level, while working out the most destructive route through the networks of ladders and scaffolds. Wrecking Crew also includes a mode for designing your own levels. This Virtual Console version also features the ability to save your creations, which was not possible in the NES original.

Crash City Mayhem (Ghostlight) - €19.99/£17.99

Experience high-octane driving thrills with 'Crash City Mayhem'. Blaze your way through the city streets and crush an evil syndicate of terrorists! Drive anywhere - rooftops, sewers, inside buildings, rail tracks and more! Use your driving skills to enter a world of espionage and action. Drive a huge variety of crazy vehicles including mopeds, supercars and tanks! Unlock a stash of secret items and vehicle upgrades.

The Beet Party: UnderWaterMelon (RedRover) - €0.99/£0.89

The Beet Party is a series of 3D short videos available for download on Nintendo eShop. The two-minute interstitials target four to six year olds and follow the adventures of the five coolest beets around as they explore, experiment, celebrate and communicate with beat-boxing sounds when something new arrives in their fridge. In UnderWaterMelon, a giant watermelon is placed in the fridge which causes some major space issues with the Beets.

Nintendo DSiWare

Color Commando (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.79/200 Points

Color Commando is a new and very cool puzzle platform game. In this game you get to hunt for

treasure! However, many evil color monsters are blocking your path! Pick up color blobs and try to outsmart the monsters! In each level, color monsters will block your path and try to grab you! So what can you do against this? Collect paint blobs that are spread out over the level. You can use a paint blob to paint a big paint-spot on the world. If a monster of the same colour comes into contact with the paint-spot, the monster will dissolve into the spot. When this happens the monster cannot harm the player! The game starts out easy enough, but before you know it you are surrounded by many different types of color monsters in all different colours! There are five worlds, each with four normal levels and one star level. You can unlock the star level by getting all the treasure in the other four levels!

Will get Damrey and M&DK :)

Looks like the 3DS eShop is going to have another great month; M&DK, The Starship Damrey, Denpa Men 2, The Oracles.

Looks like the 3DS eShop is going to have another great month; M&DK, The Starship Damrey, Denpa Men 2, The Oracles.

Mega Man 5 is also supposedly due this month :)