NEurope

Have you played this, I'm not too sure on if I should pick it up.

It's different I don't wanna say too much and wreck it. If you're really not sure there is a quick look on giant bomb...worth getting though I'd say.

The Zelda Oracle titles to be released with a small discount in NA.

From Nintendolife:

$6?! Absolute bargain! I'll have them both if they're a fiver over here; can't recommend them enough!

This week's lot...

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo) - €39.99/£34.99

Go ape with the swingin' king of the jungle! Donkey Kong and his simian sidekick Diddy Kong are back for more action-packed platforming antics in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, an enhanced version of Wii adventure Donkey Kong Country Returns. Jump, race and roll your way across Donkey Kong Island on a quest to rescue DK's beloved banana hoard from the trouble-causing Tiki Tak Tribe. Stomp on enemies, grab banana bunches and ride rockets, rhinos and much more in classic 2D platforming gameplay, stuffed full of spectacular scenes and tricky traps. Use both characters' special skills to overcome all kinds of obstacles and explore each stage to the full - hop Diddy onto DK's shoulders and use his Barrel Jet to hover them both over large gaps, or roll to your heart's content and trample everything in your path.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (Ubisoft) - €19.99/£17.99

As the commander of the Ghosts, the best special operations fighting force in the world, your mission is to stop the Russian ultranationalist Yuri Treskayev from coming to power, in Tom Clancy's GHOST RECON SHADOW WARS on Nintendo 3DS. From the hot deserts of Kazakhstan to the villages of Ukraine and the frozen lands of Siberia, you must discover and disable the secret Soviet-era "Dead Hand" bases which Treskayev is using to build an army of drones. You will have access to full resources to build, train, and equip your team, using the most recent high-tech weapons and armour. Experience the critically-acclaimed Ghost Recon series in a new way as you discover rich and deep tactical gameplay never before seen in a Ghost Recon game!

Project X Zone: A Lethal Surprise Demo (Namco Bandai) - Free

When a rift in time and space suddenly appears, a doorway to various universes is opened allowing both heroes and villains from different worlds to cross paths. Players will be able to take control of a massive selection of heroes including favourites such as Jin and Xiaoyu (TEKKEN), Toma and Cyrille (Shining Force EXA), to X and Zero (Mega Man X) and discover the cause of the rift and stop evil from coming through and spreading into their world. Enjoy over 50 characters from 29 franchises from Namco Bandai, Capcom & Sega, including Street Fighter, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry, Sakura Wars, Tales of Vesperia and many more!

*Game with English text only*

Swords & Soldiers 3D (Circle Entertainment) - €7.00/£5.90

Prepare for an encounter with a freakishly large pepper: Swords & Soldiers 3D is coming your way! Rewrite history as you take control of the brutal Vikings, the devious Aztecs or the crafty Chinese in their global quest to win the favour of the Gods! Swords & Soldiers 3D is a side-scrolling strategy game that lets you control an entire army and lets you wield devastating magical abilities. Demolish your enemy's castle at the end of these two-dimensional battlefields and lead your troops to victory!

Rabbids Rumble Demo (Ubisoft) - Free

Rabbids have escaped from your cartridge all over your Nintendo 3DS and found their way into the real world. You must collect them throughout 7 worlds full of mini-games and bring the complete collection back, one battle at a time!

Air Battle Hockey 3D (Agetec) - €4.99/£4.49

The basic rules are familiar: use a racket to hit a ball into the opponent's goal. The first one to score ten points wins. The game features special Skills and Targets. There are six different offensive and defensive skills. Play aggressive and attack with the Lightning Shot skill which changes direction of the ball during mid-flight, tricking your opponent in scoring a goal. Play defensive and use the Hyper Racket skill to increase the size of your Racket improving protection of your goal. Watch for Targets that appear during the game, hitting those triggers various events, such as an increase ball speed or reducing your opponent's skill gauge to zero. In addition to the Two-Player Battle Mode, there is also Endless Mode, a squash-like game where you compete for a high score.

Groove Heaven (Teyon) - €3.99/£3.59

Rhymi has to deliver a love letter to a beautiful angel only she is a little demon and the letter is from the Devil lord himself. Climb with her to the top of the tower connecting two realms armed with your best dancing moves! Time your steps right, keep to the beat to get moving and grooving away from oncoming danger! Dance under leaping frogs and past black crows, as you collect musical notes and red roses for bonuses. In two bubbly and exciting modes challenge your musical senses either dancing your way to the top, or simply testing how fast you can keep up with the beat! Show off your rhythmic skills and tap your way to Heaven!

Special Deals

The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (Genius Sonority) - €6.39/£5.69 (Ends May 30, normally €7.99/£7.19)

The Project X Zone demo is a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting that one!

Overall a good week, despite the lack of VC releases.

Think I'll be picking up Denpa Men at that, despite being fairly poor all these sales are mighty tempting(they need more of it too imo) - only problem is I don't know if I'll get my 3DS away, repaired, and back in time for me to buy them! Def gonna need to post it tomorrow.

shantae0023.gif

What a brilliant animation! It just goes to show, you can get so much character and charm out of just a few pixels.

What a brilliant animation! It just goes to show, you can get so much character and charm out of just a few pixels.

Your new avatar perhaps?

Join me in the world of moving-pixelated avatars, Grazza!

Your new avatar perhaps?

Join me in the world of moving-pixelated avatars, Grazza!

Nah, it's not butch enough. ;)

I'm hoping to use one from Project X Zone. Can't wait for that game.

Is there a demo for Taiko Drum Master: The Little Dragon and the Mysterious Orb on the JP 3DS eShop?

Just wanted to know if this could be played without the drums.

taiko_drum_master_little_dragon_mysterious_orb_boxart.jpg

Never heard of this game until I read this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/21/japan-still-digs-rhythm-games-taiko-drum-master-shipments-surpass-500000/

the demo should still be in japanese eshop.

played without drums?? Do you mean play without the two stylus you get with the game?

you can play with buttons also.

The DS Taiko games had you use the touch screen as a drum I imagine it's the same for 3DS.

Anyone else get Starship Damrey? I brought it and have only got through a bit but am loving it so far.

I, I just don't know when I should buy eShop games.

I have had about 16 euros on my account ever since I bought Mutant Mudds whilst it was discounted.

Now I was toying with the idea of getting Liberation Maiden with a discount, but I initially also wanted HarmoKnight and Tokyo Crash Mobs, and then there's the matter of both Oracle of Ages and Seasons arriving fairly soon.....

Too much tiny quirky games to buy :blank:

Edited by Fused King

Too much tiny quirky games to buy :blank:

True. You should prioritise though, get the one(s) you want most first, having said that I know discounts/sales messes this up even more but then again, that's a great problem to have :)

Yeah, you've just got to prioritise what you really want. I know for me, anything Zelda or WayForward is Day 1.

Anyone else get Starship Damrey? I brought it and have only got through a bit but am loving it so far.

Yeah I'm loving it working my way through it. So different. Has it been announced what is next up from them? Hope its more something akin to this than Aeroport (or whatever it's called).

So according to the Belgian Nintendo facebook, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Time are releasing here in Europe this thursday!

That's awesome :D

300522_312936855505918_505939794_n.png

Edited by M_rock

Yup, they're right!

Here's the whole lot:

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (SEGA) - €39.99

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Nintendo, GBC VC) - €4.99 (Normally €5.99, special offer ends June 20)

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Nintendo, GBC VC) - €4.99 (Normally €5.99, special offer ends June 20)

THE "DENPA" MEN 2: Beyond the Waves (Genius Sonority) - €9.99

SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €1.99

Edited by -Dem0-

Nice. I have both on GBC, but I might just get Seasons as I've yet to complete it. Would much rather play it on the bigger and brighter 3DS screen...

Yeah I have Ages on the GBC but just going to buy them both and have the set to play on a nicer screen.