N-Europe

My name change

Beast

What should d666 have as his NEW username?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should d666 have as his NEW username?

• Chiaroscuro
    • Eclipse

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about name changes is that if you don't have some sort of personality built up on the forums people won't recognize you. If you do, or if you use a distinctive avatar or signature people will recognize you. The 666 on the end of the name isn't necessary, I'd recognize the signature and avatar combination and associate it with you. Plus there's the fact that you've made this huge hubbub thread about it spanning 6 whole ruddy pages. Youcould change your name to "-" and people would still know it's you because of this thread, simple as that.

Really, get rid of the 666.

I agree with Rummy in the way that if people constantly change their usernames, or lots change at once (a la christmas admin/mod/staffer change) it gets reallllly confusing.

On the other hand I agree with Dyson.. We would recognise people by their sigs and what they post.. If they are well known.

I can see the sense in the username change limit that we have here.

And yes - the 666 is not cool.

Why must people fuck with my head and change usernames?! THIS IS MADNESS.

P.S - I feel 100% cheated. This sucks. :(

Madness? ...THIS. IS. SPARTA!!! (Sorry, it had to be done. :heh:)

As for the name change issue, I guess some peeps just like something different every now and again. However, I do agree it can get confusing, which is why I'm not likely to be changing my screen name any time soon. Whilst I like Tobias a lot, it seems everyone's used to my current name, so it's all good.

I DID think of the avatar/sig sort of thing, I often recognise people just by that without looking at their names(sometimes erroneously!) BUUUTTTTT I realised that would only last as long as if he didn't ever change it all. I do get confused at the christmas/random name change wave times, cos there's usually sig and avatar changes to more themed things, too. I see the 666 AS part of his online persona and see no reason not to have it! My aforementioned original hotmail has numbers on the end, and I often just use them for things even if the name's available without them!

I'm so very confused. I came into this thread late. Who was dazz666 in the first place?

If your name is Daz, there's only one thing for it.... BeDaZed!!! Then ReZ can no longer claim to have to the only capital Z in this place.

But Jordan is right, the best people dont hide behind aliases :p

If you wanna get rid of the '666' then do it and leave me as Dazz but I was worried that no-one would know me but as long as everyone still knows who I am, then change it to Dazz and take out the 666 :)

Change it to Dazz (as long as people still know me, then I'm happy :))

Edited by Animal

I wanted Dazz but Rummy said there might be the case that people won't know who I am so I made it as Dazz666 so people still knew who I was.

Fair enough, some wouldn't recognise you without the 666 for a while until they worked out who you were.

I'm so very confused. I came into this thread late. Who was dazz666 in the first place?

dazz666 was originally d666 before it was changed to Mrs_Odwin, then to Dazz666 as intended to be.

I thought only really fat people did that. Because they can't get up and all...

Serious... thought that was why.

Why would I purposely put my leg on the ground If I can avoid it.

Allthough thinking about it, if I'm in town or whatever, I do just do it like that.

But with annoying shoes like converse or my school shoes (both with complicated laces and stuff), it's just more comfortable to do it lazily.