N-Europe

Hey hey, you you, your mum doesn't like your girlfriend

Jav_NE

I have a question for those in relationships...

Do your parents take much interest in your partner?

I only ask because my g/f is convinced my mom hates her. They've only met a few times and my mom has been her usual self. She talks alot, usually about crap and repeats herself about stuff that isn't important, probably one of the reasons why my g/f feels she the way she does. Like last night, on the phone with my mom, she never asked how my g/f was. Is that weird? She does ask occasionally, maybe once in five calls, but it really upsets my g/f that she doesn't take an interest.

I try to explain that its just the way my mother is, but shes convinced its because she doesnt like her. I mean, on the one hand i can see where shes coming from, most normal people would ask how your partner of five years is more often, but then again, my mom has paid for me and my g/f to go on numerous little trips and holidays and that. I think maybe she shows her 'love' with gifts rather than talk. But i dont know. She barely asks me how i am, and when she does its soon cut off by stories about her day =/

Humph.

Have you told your mother about that? Maybe your mother could make the occassional phonecall to your girlfriend?

(not that its quite the same but my mother occassionally asks about my housemate and that's the closest I'm getting to a relationship for a while :heh:)

Have you told your mother about that? Maybe your mother could make the occassional phonecall to your girlfriend?

(not that its quite the same but my mother occassionally asks about my housemate and that's the closest I'm getting to a relationship for a while :heh:)

My g/f doesn't want me to mention it as my mom would never let it drop. So i have to somehow find a way to let my mom know she needs to show more interest in my g/f without actually telling her that. Guess i have to name drop and hope for the best.

I think it's normal - my mum doesn't always ask about my girlfriend, again perhaps every few phone calls or something. And again, she talks to her when they're in the same place and it seems similar to your situation. Perhaps your g/f is just expecting a little more? That or her parents have said more about you? I think my g/f and her mum talk about more frequently than I do about her with my family lol.

In other news, I think my N64 is DYING! Someone help me, I'll cry if it breaks :(

I know my ex (who I'm sort of back with) thinks my mum hates her. She doesn't. I pretend like I think her mum hates me, but I know she doesn't. Its just nice to have my ex say how much her mum thinks I'm such a decent lad, good looking, intelligent blah blah. EGO BOOST :p I knew the mum like 3 months before I knew my ex, so its kind of weird :)

Dom, I'm coming up on Wedneday now. GUTTED.

My parents do the usual "who, what, where when" malarky when they find out I have a gf, and after that ask when I speak to them how she is, not too many questions (they know I wont answer them), but enough to show they care/are still as nosey as ever. My sister, on the other hand, will do nothing but ask about my girlfriend at the moment.

first of all - damn creepy thread title, jav o__O

my mum apparently loves jamba...i think she's married us off in her head already :/

... saying that she APPARENTLY liked my ex too - but when we broke up admitted that he annoyed the crap outta her... (in her favour he did turn out to be quite the colossal fuck-wit.

so who knows??! :grin:

(i bet she just hates him! ^_^)

but aaaaanyway!! she hardly ever asks how he is... maybe you should just try talking more about your girlyfriend to your mum... maybe your girlyfriend's life isnt that exciting - so try to jazz it up a bit with sharks and/or lazers.

if all else fails, and despite it meaning i'm actually agreeing with EEVIL ( :heh: ) yeah, just ask her in some clever and tactful way. ie; NOT "so, mum, *insert name here* thinks you hate her - she on the right track there...?"

Edited by bluey

first of all - damn creepy thread title' date=' jav o__O

but aaaaanyway!! she hardly ever asks how he is... maybe you should just try talking more about your girlyfriend to your mum... maybe your girlyfriend's life isnt that exciting - so try to jazz it up a bit with sharks and/or lazers.

if all else fails, and despite it meaning i'm actually agreeing with EEVIL ( :heh: ) yeah, just ask her in some clever and tactful way. ie; NOT "so, mum, *insert name here* thinks you hate her - she on the right track there...?"[/quote']

Not my title, i was HWYD hijacked!

I'm going to visit tomorrow for a week so i'll try to make things better then. She will ask how she is on the first day for sure though so i've got to capitalise!

I'm with bluey, that title is...weird. Whoever did it needs to have a good chat with mr.freud, I'm sure.

As for the situation Jav...well, if it was me in that position, I'd just think my gf was being a tit. Then again, most girls are, and especially cos they're rather irrational. You've straight up explained to her that your mum is just like that and that she barely even asks how you are, her own son, how can your gf seriously still think she hates just her after that? It sounds like your mum's just like that, and as you said she's paid for the two of you so that's fine. She isn't actually being out of order or harsh to your gf, so I see it as nothing to fret about, but I guess she won't take that at all. Maybe jay's got the solution here, though I think it's a bit...I dunno. As for me, I've never really been with anyone long enough for it to be serious enough for me to tell my mum, and I've always done an amazing job with skirting around things, I think it's a kind of a mutual understanding that neither of us needs to talk about it. She'd ask, I'd not tell her, she knows not to push it and that I would if it mattered. Also, my use of italics and boldings were unneccessary, but I really felt the urge.

Yeah, i know. It's stupid isn't it. I think my g/f has watched too many dramas and thinks there's some hidden mind games going on.

I guess it cant hurt to try and improve things though. I might even get on with my mom better so, no harm in talking more.

It's probably a result of years of secrecy on my behalf too. I've never really included my mom with my g/fs in the past so, this being my first major long-term relationship, its all a bit new trying to merge the two. But it has been five years so, i guess its time to break the walls down.

Can I just point out, I was about to clap at the image of Venom and Carnage, as it suited (almost) the theme of parent vs. lover. In terms of Venom being Carnage's father/mother, and generally how symbiotes must bond with another to live (the lover).

Then I realised this wasn't why it was chosen at all.

Can I just point out, I was about to clap at the image of Venom and Carnage, as it suited (almost) the theme of parent vs. lover. In terms of Venom being Carnage's father/mother, and generally how symbiotes must bond with another to live (the lover).

Then I realised this wasn't why it was chosen at all.

It waaaas, wasn't just the primary function.

Indeed tis genius! Who is it coming up with these freudian/lavignian titles eh? Why did they insist on such grammatical correctness at the expense of a near pefect title? :(

Jav, what's really the worst that could happen if you just...don't deal with this situation? Is it that serious, or what? Again, not in any real position to talk, but like...isn't it just gonna be more hassle trying to fix it?