N-Europe

Excitebots: Trick Racing

david.dakota

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[DONT-TAKE-TOO-SERIOUSLY]

I have an idea. You and Zech can jump off from the cliff. :)

[/DONT-TAKE-TOO-SERIOUSLY]

It is nice to see that neither one of you haven't learned anything at all during last two years. Same way of jumping into hasty conclusions, and whining like five year old kids.

Because me and Zechs are well known for often having the same opinion.

Sorry for not having the same as yours.

While what's written in that Nintendo Power article all sounds so sugary and lovely, I'd take a minute to think: Nintendo Power never, ever exaggerate game hype. Also, they seem to have completely missed out on that section of the article all the new things, such as this pie throwing and poker playing, which is what I objected too in the first place. So just because the first half of an article makes it sound identical to Excite Truck, I'll maintain my scepticism until I see that they haven't taken away from what I was hoping for in an Excite Truck sequel.

With this said, I believe many will remember my similar scepticism over Banjo Kazooie: N&B, which I too this day resent for not being the game I wanted. None-the-less, I enjoyed the game on it's own merits, and so I do not see why you must jump to the conclusion that I will automatically miss out on this just because it's not what I was personally hoping for.

Now please pick apart my post sentence by sentence rebutting each of my statements, so that I may do so again to you. It's been at least a couple of weeks since my last Wii Discussion argument.

It takes the best of ExciteTrucks and adds some much needed personality to the vehicles. I don't particularly like the art style but it doesn't bother me, I hope the bot part of the vehicles get lots of chances to pop out and that it feels organic when doing so.

This is fucking crazy!:laughing: Whatever doubts I had are all gone. You're a racing robot insect car throwing pies at a huge clown face!

I agree, mate. I was a bit worried that they might scrap the points system, or do something radically different. But, they've built on the best stuff from ExciteTruck and just taken it to another level.

That card thing has me intrigued, though. Do you collect the cards over the course and then try and match them, or something? Also, what do you do with that clown? Does hitting it with the pie give you points?

Really, really looking forward to this now. Can't wait to kick all your arses!

*wonders how many people will change their tune over the course of 5 pages*

I agree, mate. I was a bit worried that they might scrap the points system, or do something radically different. But, they've built on the best stuff from ExciteTruck and just taken it to another level.

That card thing has me intrigued, though. Do you collect the cards over the course and then try and match them, or something? Also, what do you do with that clown? Does hitting it with the pie give you points?

Really, really looking forward to this now. Can't wait to kick all your arses!

*wonders how many people will change their tune over the course of 5 pages*

I certainly had my reservations after seeing the boxart and hearing the short description of the game.. and I still do, but to a lesser extent :smile:

It certainly looks much better than I anticipated, and I don't mind admitting that : peace:

However, what I will say is that the vehicles still do nothing for me and throwing pies and things seems a bit weird (but considering smacking the clown on the face with one will probably open up a new route or give you stars then it's certainly interesting :smile:)

Actually can't wait to see it in motion :yay:

I certainly had my reservations after seeing the boxart and hearing the short description of the game.. and I still do, but to a lesser extent :smile:

It certainly looks much better than I anticipated, and I don't mind admitting that : peace:

However, what I will say is that the vehicles still do nothing for me and throwing pies and things seems a bit weird (but considering smacking the clown on the face with one will probably open up a new route or give you stars then it's certainly interesting :smile:)

Actually can't wait to see it in motion :yay:

I want to see to what extent the animalistic features of the vehicles play a part in the game. I don't want to read about it, I want to play it for myself.

Also, in response to earlier, I owned S.C.A.R.S and it was pretty awesome. I forgot to mention that.

Wow this is absolutely mental, it's Excite Truck on acid! :hehe:

And the turtle bot looks hilarious, is that a tambourine coming out of it!? :laughing:

Sounds like a great laugh anyway, I'm actually preferring this completely insane concept rather than it just being trucks again.

Euro release date please Nintendo!

I totally agree. From the description posted earlier it sounded like the game was gonna be totally crazy, and it looks like it will be. It should be really fun!

Speaking of the design of the vehicles, there are flying ones on the boxart aren't there...?

(I don't like the clown in that screenshot. :red: )

Speaking of the design of the vehicles, there are flying ones on the boxart aren't there...?

(I don't like the clown in that screenshot. :red: )

haha, me neither!

Regarding the flying vehicles, I don't think there are any unfortunately! Instead I think you just get hover/gliding powerups and tricks etc... like in the screen where the vehicles hook catches onto the bar for you to swing from, there will be parts of the vehicles and obstacles round the course that will allow you to briefly 'fly'.

I suppose at least they're trying something different, not resting on their laurels (although it does seem a bit like they were sat around spurting out random crazy ideas to use).

Although the poker screenshot seems to hog the whole screen. Its like spot the vehicle.

I suppose at least they're trying something different, not resting on their laurels (although it does seem a bit like they were sat around spurting out random crazy ideas to use).

Although the poker screenshot seems to hog the whole screen. Its like spot the vehicle.

It is crazy, but this is the sort of game that I thought others may have bought the Wii for. Something quirky, different, and an experience which they're unlikely to find elsewhere.

The poker bit does take up a lot of the screen, but it would only appear for a few seconds, if that. It would have to, purely because of the fast paced nature of this game. Any longer, and you'd crash into a wall.

oh fuck off everyone this has every reason to be awesome.. I get sick of the whining sometimes too.

There is pessism but christ you the same people change their minds when they hear impressions. YOu need to be told it's good to change your minds.. Keep an open mind about this you never know seen as the last game this dev created was great.. this you know MIGHT be great too.

oh fuck off everyone this has every reason to be awesome.. I get sick of the whining sometimes too.

There is pessism but christ you the same people change their minds when they hear impressions. YOu need to be told it's good to change your minds.. Keep an open mind about this you never know seen as the last game this dev created was great.. this you know MIGHT be great too.

Peace and love, dude. Peace and love.

People have already started to warm to it, I think. And, on the whole, I think reactions have been mostly positive.

Peace and love, dude. Peace and love.

People have already started to warm to it, I think. And, on the whole, I think reactions have been mostly positive.

I'm not really THAT passionate like :)It comes out wrong. Not directed at anyone in particular but this combined with dead space(Teh on-rails etc etc) and I have really started to dislike the attitude of some people.

But you know.. give this a trailer and a good hands on impression from ign and the fans will be all over it..

Just feels like fans are awful at making up their minds about games sometimes. Most don't learn from experience.

that's all :)

[DONT-TAKE-TOO-SERIOUSLY]

I have an idea. You and Zech can jump off from the cliff. :)

[/DONT-TAKE-TOO-SERIOUSLY]

It is nice to see that neither one of you haven't learned anything at all during last two years. Same way of jumping into hasty conclusions, and whining like five year old kids.

Whinning? It's funny, one minute I'm a fanboy, the next minute I'm a hater. I love my Wii, but I hate rubbish. This looks like utter rubbish, a brilliant fanchise from the NES days whored out and turned into a piss poor saturday morning cartoon.

What's more those screens look like N64 shots. Shite.

Well I was all ready to join in and state my worries about the addition of minigames, but after reading the article and looking at the screens I've got a more formed idea in my mind of what it'll be.

It's like the rings you could jump through to earn points in Excite Truck. It's there on the track and you can aim for them for more points or you can just get on with your race and try to win.

"You won't believe your eyes when you find yourself shooting goals, throwing pies and even playing poker in the middle of racing robotic animals and insects around off-road tracks"

That quote had me really worried that they'd taken one of my favourite Wii games and removed the thing that made it so popular. But I'm sure the emphasis will be on the race and the other stuff will just be bonuses to aim for.

I'm definitely looking forward to some footage. If it looks anywhere near as good as Excitetruck then I'll be first in line at Gamestation.