N-Europe

Weight Loss 2009

ReZourceman

Officaly lost 3stone now! Another 9lb down this month :D

So happy!

Congrats Caris! I'm happy for you. :)

------------------------------------

I'm still trying to increase my weight a bit but I've been a bit slack obout weighing myself which isn't good >.> maybe I'll step on the scales tomorrow and see where I stand.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the weight loss going, suckers?

Getting back into this gym rhythm is tiring and painful stuff! I was there two days ago doing some leg-work (leg raises, leg presses) and my legs are still feeling a bit stiff, even today. Also, my bum is pretty sore from some of the leg presses. No pain, no gain!

In addition to that, I did some bicep and tricep work yesterday. My triceps are aching quite a bit today, in particular. So, I'm in a world of hurt. :D

I think I'm in pretty decent shape at the moment, although (by far) the area which is not getting attention is my midsection. So, my core. It's definitely the area I'm finding it harder to strength. What sort of exercises do you guys and girls do for a good core or abs workout?

I think I'm in pretty decent shape at the moment, although (by far) the area which is not getting attention is my midsection. So, my core. It's definitely the area I'm finding it harder to strength. What sort of exercises do you guys and girls do for a good core or abs workout?

I'd like to know that myself...

I lost 3lb this week which I'm really happy about. A workout I recommend is called the Devil's Workout. It hurts like hell at first but after two or three days, it was alright. I've been doing it every morning along with jogging, a little bit of DDR, My Fitness Coach for the Wii and weightlifting for a week and I think that's how I've lost it. I think I might start swimming again as well, it's been a while.

Here's the Devil's Workout:

Edited by Animal

I haven't updated my information in this thread for a wee while :heh: ..as I've said before, I started the year 12st 9lbs (a BMI of 26.83) but the last time I checked Wii Fit I had a BMI of 22.52 :smile:

I have kinda relaxed a little now on what I eat but I don't want to start creeping up again (and I could still do with losing weight around my tummy.. everywhere else seems ok :eek:)

I thought I'd quote myself from a post I made at the start of April, mainly because of the bolded text..

I found myself creeping back up a bit in the months that followed, reaching 11st (a BMI of 23.29) ..certainly not a tragedy, but a clear example of how easy it is to put the weight back on :eek:

I've got back into gear in the last couple of weeks and did a Body Test on Wii Fit every morning for the last 17 days :smile:

I woke up this morning at 10st 8lbs so I have almost lost half a stone again :hehe: I'm ever so slightly below where I was at the start of April as my BMI now shows 22.49, the lowest it has been in a good few years :heh:

That Devil's workout does look quite tasty, and so does that Ab Ripper one, too.

Pretty much any video I've seen has always stated that you need to cut down on body fat first, so I'm still working on that. I'm trying to do more cardio/running work more often...and it's tiring me out, haha.

My legs and triceps were knackered yesterday from the previous two gym visits. I went today to do some chest work, which was pretty ok. I've noticed that I've found it a bit of a struggle with my bench-pressing and pectoral flys, so I've moved the weight down a notch so that I can just get back into the rhythm again.

Gonna try some of these ab exercises tomorrow. :)

I lost 3lb this week which I'm really happy about. A workout I recommend is called the Devil's Workout. It hurts like hell at first but after two or three days, it was alright. I've been doing it every morning along with jogging, a little bit of DDR, My Fitness Coach for the Wii and weightlifting for a week and I think that's how I've lost it. I think I might start swimming again as well, it's been a while.

Here's the Devil's Workout:

That's something I'll be doing from now on I think. Maybe not the pull-up thing as I don't have a bar like that. Might just use the one in my brother's doorframe, but I doubt I could do that for 45 seconds.

However...

whitegoodman2.jpg

"YOU'VE GOTTA BURN IT, TO EARN IT!!"

EDIT: Just been doing some of it, having a little longer than 15 seconds inbetween exercises, plus I've been using this http://www.online-stopwatch.com/ to make sure I get 45 seconds of training each times.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah you've clearly lost quite a bit there caris, congrats.

I have gained quite a bit of muscle mass, well enough for me to shift my focus on just cardio. I've not lost weight but my body fat % has decreased, going to continue that this month. My goal is to have 15% bf or less by christmas.

Well done Caris and Sooj. You look hawt. Also, congrats to Molly for the mega working out and keeping fit stuff.

I've seen that ab video before. It's pretty good, although I've got to re-arrange my living room before I can do it later.

Working out and gyming it up is still going ok, I think. I'm having a day off from it today as my triceps are a bit tired, and I had a free personal training yesterday to work out my chest. Got some good tips that I think will be useful. I'm at that stage now where I'm looking at trying a few things to just freshen things up, as I feel I'm a bit too stuck in a routine.

• 1 month later...

How's the weight loss going kneeers?!

I've been doing really well, up until this week which has been a TOTAL WRITE OFF. I've been ill so haven't been in the gym at all and this weekend I had a Dominos pizza, practically a whole tub of haagez daaz and new york cheesecake. I daren't weigh myself.

Seems to be a trend with me, I'll have a few good weeks and then a write off.

At least you did well the weeks before, so it wasn't all worthless. You can get back into it too if you try. =)

At least you're doing -something-, all I do is eat all day and sit around on my bum not getting any exercise. =P

Just don't have the motivation to cut out the yummy stuff and start exercising.

I weighed myself, I'm exactly the same as last week. Phew. Makes me wonder how much I must have eaten/how inactive I was, to actually put weight on. :s

At least you did well the weeks before, so it wasn't all worthless. You can get back into it too if you try. =)

At least you're doing -something-, all I do is eat all day and sit around on my bum not getting any exercise. =P

Just don't have the motivation to cut out the yummy stuff and start exercising.

Yummy stuff is so enticing!! When I'm not having a bad week, I still have nice stuff, but just a healthier version. Cutting it out makes you want it moooore, I think. Imo, you don't need to lose weight anyway Ine :)

I'm still going strong, over 3 and a half stone now. Joining the gym this week and gonna start building up some muscle.

That's awesome Caris, well done! You can join in the hardcore gym thread ;)

well I'm officially back on the weightwatchers....having given it up in Feb when I dumped the missus. I've slowly put on a 1 stone of the 2 1/2 I originally lost. (she went on to lose 4 stone incredibly) Amazed at how easy its been to both slip into bad eating habits but also slip back to hardcore dieting! ryvita and homous FTW!

well I'm officially back on the weightwatchers....having given it up in Feb when I dumped the missus. I've slowly put on a 1 stone of the 2 1/2 I originally lost. (she went on to lose 4 stone incredibly) Amazed at how easy its been to both slip into bad eating habits but also slip back to hardcore dieting! ryvita and homous FTW!

*weightwatchers high five!!*

Good on you, its nice when men join! Do you go to the men only class or brave enough to attend the mixed? :P

I went back Tuesday before last, the scales said "put on more than half a stone since last visit" and the rest!!

Yesterday I had lost 6 lbs!

But I'm finding it seriously tough going. I have like 28 points to eat every day. I have a small breakfast and lunch (usually 4ish each) then I have like 20 point to eat at dinner.. I hate snacking when I diet because then I'm thinking about food nearly constantly all day, which makes it very tempting/difficult. URGHHHHHH

so I get home from work with 20 points left (say an average 6/7/8max points for a healthy dinner...) and i basically gotta eat 3 dinners. Fuck.

So I end up eating high kcal stuff just to use up the points.

cause your body goes into panic mode and stores fat even more if you don't eat properly

Wouldn't it be better to just have snacks though? That's what I've been told lots of times, that it's better to eat six times a day (three meals, three snacks) in small portions as it keeps your metabolism working.