N-Europe

New Year's Resolution (Past and future)

Wesley

Okay, this was a predictable thread, I know. But I thought I'd maybe try to get a little more out of it.

Firstly, what's your New Year's Resolution going to be for 2009? And what was your New Year's Resolution for 2008, and did you achieve it?

My Resolution for 2008 was to sort my life out. I'm pretty well sorted. Got myself off to University, spend my time more productively and am more cheerful. My Resolution for 2009 will be to try and improve artistic skills and be more adventurous.

I'm going to look for some drawing/art classes when I get back to Huddersfield and start to draw more in my free-time. That sorts out the artistic skills. And then as for being adventurous, I'm going to scoot off to America in the Summer for a bit of work experience and meet up with a couple of friends (who are working on Summer Camps) and travel!

Hurrah!

How about you guys?

Was thinking of starting just such a thread for the last couple of days.

Last years resolution was to get my life on the right track, which I did, sort of.

This year I've got a few resolutions, number one is to never wear trousers again, as long as I live, then I'm giving up smoking, cutting down on my drinking, and losing some weight.

My resolution last year was to get thinner and get half decent grades at AS level. I managed to get reasonable grades, but i'm still as fat as before.

My resolution next (2009) year will be the same as yours this year. I'm going to get myself to Uni (Hopefully), be more social, perhaps even get a job.

LOSE WEIGHT AND GET MUSCLES AND BECOME A SUPER HERO.

What does the latter part involve, hanging around nuclear waste or loitering outside science departments until the inevitable happens?

Wait, you should volunteer to take experimental weight loss pills! Two birds with one stone.

My resolution is, as it is every year, to quit smoking and stick to a work out regimen. Unfortunately, by March these good intentions usually fizzle out.

Some smaller goals of mine:

-beat my brother in tennis based on skill rather than luck

-cut down my internet time, its getting out of hand

-buy some land

-actively look for a better job or at least get on 1st shift at my current one

A lot of people here wanting to lose weight. Last year I remember wanting to start a thread where each week people could post their weight lose/gain, exercise, etc, to try and motivate themselves.

I didn't think anyone would really be that interested though...

Last year I said I'd never let somebody walk all over me again and end up in a bad relationship. Unfortunetly both happened.

I did however, manage to pass my driving test and get into uni. Wahey.

I want the typical, I was weight loss and a happier year. Both I shall achieve if I have my way. It's hard work but it'll be worth it.

A lot of people here wanting to lose weight. Last year I remember wanting to start a thread where each week people could post their weight lose/gain, exercise, etc, to try and motivate themselves.

I didn't think anyone would really be that interested though...

I think thats a fairly good idea actually. It can help to spur people on.

1366 x 768

lolololol

-----

*ahem*

Looking forwards to next year I usually set myself a few goals for the year, last year they were:

-The highly mature, get a pull a month (missed out on July because I was away for most of it).

-Be more organised (in the last month I've started doing this more and more)

-Find a job I enjoy (done with my teaching)

-Get my fitness back (couldn't do properly due to injury)

This year, after a quick think I've decided on:

-Be even more organised, no more leaving assignments to last minute

-To be seen as dependable (not that I don't like to think I am already, I want people to know they can really depend on me)

-Be tidy

-Get fit again

-Find a tennis partner

Since any chance of decent revision for the A2 papaers im doing in the upcoming month obviously isn't going to happen, I'll give myself a post-new year resolution to drill procrastination out of me. It's a serious problem I have...unknown depths of laziness when it comes to revision.