NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Your Curry of Choice

Yesterday, in the year 2008, our house had our Christmas Meal and gave each other our Secret Santa gifts.

The meal was basically a takeaway of whatever you wanted, but we just ordered it so it arrived at the same take, and ate our feast together.

So, I was there looking at the menu, and thinking "Do I want a Korma? No...Madras! No...maybe the Korma...hmm...Butter Chicken?...Madras it is! Now, what rice..."

The thing is with a Chicken Korma is that sometimes it can get a bit sickly. You taste one mouthful and it tastes like sex on a spoon. Then, mouthful number two is heavenly. When you get into double digits, however, it starts to get too much. I can finish any other curry dish without a second's thought, but I struggle with a Korma.

And then, I thought, fuck...what do the KNEErs like to eat? If you were going to have a curry, what would you order, what side dishes, what naan bread?

Knowing my stomach, I'd love a Butter Chicken, with Egg Fried Rice, two samosas, a naan bread and two onion bhajis. Although, I've never had all that at once, haha. But, if I could, that's what I'd have.

What about j00?

YOOOOOOU!

[/soulja Boy]

I do love Butter Chicken. However, I tend to always try something new whenever I have a curry. Though I am a fan of Chicken Tikka Masala.

So if I had to put together an order now it'd be, King Prawn Butterfly starter, Chicken Tikka Masala main with Sag Aloo on the side and a Peshwari Naan. And rice? Probably just Pilau Rice! :D

I don't know any of this stuff. =(

Except for rice, I know rice.

I don't know any of this stuff. =(

Except for rice, I know rice.

Maybe we can have one. :)

Also, I've kept a pizza voucher, so we can have pizza, too. ;)

Nightwolf: Don't you find that it's pretty sweet, though? Sometimes a bit too much?

Dyson: Yay for the Butter Chicken love, but pillau rice is soooo ordinary! I had rice with peas yesterday, and it was the shit!

Nightwolf: Don't you find that it's pretty sweet, though? Sometimes a bit too much?

I think like with most things, it depends where you go. My local indian has it down perfectly!

Maybe we can have one. :)

Also, I've kept a pizza voucher, so we can have pizza, too. ;)

Dyson: Yay for the Butter Chicken love, but pillau rice is soooo ordinary! I had rice with peas yesterday, and it was the shit!

It's actually been too long since I've had a curry so I can't remember if there are any specific types of rice I'd go for. I remember trying Pineapple Rice but it was crap. Keema Rice is nice, though, I like that. Special House rice tends to be the best though :D

Errm....Curry. Chicken, some kind of curry sauce (never pay much attention), peppers and various spices/other stuff and standard rice. Don't really care about getting curries from restaurants/takeaways.

im going to put my vote for the good old vindaloo, takes time to be able to handle it. i'd like to try a faull.

as for rice, pilau works for me, and a gfarlic naan. just incase i didnt smell enough.

had a vindaloo on monday actualy, it was nice. made a mate almost cry when he tasted it.

Always seems a bit sad to me that my favourite part of a curry meal when I go to an Indian is the poppadoms and dips at the beginning.

I will eat pretty much any curry. Hotter the better. I like hardcore heat. ^__^;

ninja edit: poppudums are also awesome

I'd probably say the one in the Bon Accord centre, had some cracking deals in it the other day....

I love a curry. Have one every week. Like to mix it up so I'll eat Kormas, Tikkas, Tikka Masalas, Rogan Joshs, Pasandas (although they have begun to taste rather bland now) and others that I can't remember the names of. Always have them with Basmati rice or saffron rice and two naan breads (Peswari or plain, doesn't matter as I like both). Only been to a curry house once when I went with friends for lunch at college where I ordered a curry and stupidly said,' Make it really hot and spicy.' I emptied a full jug of water just eating the thing. Was nice though. Would do it again as well.

I've also had some strange curries. I had a really nice Kashmiri style one once which was absolutely heavenly, although the place doing it stopped not long after I started getting it. Typical.

Oh and lols @ Retro Link. Actually laughed when I read that.

Paneer paratha, covered in egg rice and an aloo vindaloo, served with a garlic naan, 8 popadoms and a 6 pint of milk. And heart failure.

Fuck Curries, Pizza all the way.

I second that : peace:

Don't get me wrong, I like curries but pizza wins everytime!

You're an evil man! This thread has made me very hungry and I have no food :( CURRY CRAVINGGGGGG.

Chicken tikka masala, little bit of onion rice, garlic naan. Amazing. Has to be from Coco Tamarind in Princes Risborough though. If you're in the area, do it, go, hah.

Chicken tikka masala, little bit of onion rice, garlic naan. Amazing. Has to be from Coco Tamarind in Princes Risborough though. If you're in the area, do it, go, hah.

Is that the one towards the end of the high street? Its...the only Indian I know in PR, but there may be others. Anyway if its that one it was quite amazing (eaten in once, never taken away) they gave us amazing free stuff and it was very nice...however....Chesham Rajasthan. OMFG. No that place is honestly so far above anything I've ever had before 100%. Its amazing.

Although Desire was loverly the other day due to coconut accompnyment for Naan bread.

Anyway it has to be ;

Chicken Passanda

Pilau Rice

Keema Naan

Sag Aloo (*side five Dyson*)

Poppadums/Popadims/Puppadoms (every place seems to spell it differently)

Pretty much always stick to this, and occasionally swap out the various assets for

Chicken Korma

Keema Rice

Garlic Naan or Peshwari Naan

(And there is no other side dish than Sag/Saag Aloo. There just isn't. Bombay Potatoes don't count)

....Yeah.

I quite like curry. lolololol.

Is that the one towards the end of the high street?

Nah it's not actually in PR town, it's in Askett which is on the main road just before PR. Trust me, unbeatable. Expensive, but so worth it.