NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Your Curry of Choice

I'm pretty fond of a Chicken Tikka Madras myself. Other types of curry i like include Dhansak, Dopiatza, Chicken Tikka Masalla, Bengali Tikka Jalfrezi, Bengali Tikka Chutney Chilli Chicken, Bhuna, Chicken Biriyani, Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken Tikka Vindaloo just to name a few.

Sides could include Chana Aloo, Naan Bread, Bhaji's, Samozas or Bombay Aloo.

As you can guess, i am a Curry fan.

In all honesty, it's a thread created for choosing your ideal curry. So, unless you're doing that, it just makes your post a tiny bit pointless.

I love curry, on my travels I have found they dont really do curry in north or south America. And the few restaurants they have are rubbish. Did have an awesome Thai green curry in Brazil though. New Zealand is pretty good for currys. There is a place near where I live back home which is actually the best curry place in England. Every person I have taken to has said its been the best curry they have ever had. I miss it :(

I normally have either a balti, bhuna, or rogan josh, with either pilau or keema rice and a naan bread of some kind.

Ah curries, how I love thee. My favourites are: Sweet and Sour Chicken Cantonese Style, Chicken Curry from the Chinese, and Indian Curries is Korma by far.

I have some more but I can't remember the name of them.

What ever is in the fridge really usually works for me.

Oh the joys of being indian. That said, my usual diet consists of pasta so I actually don't have curry that often. Shame really.

Korma's not bad, but Chicken Tikka Masala is ftw! I cook both at work about once a week or something? it's ordered in stuff that comes in frozen but comes out of the oven tasting awesome :heh: shame about the rice though, the rice that I have to cook never turns out that great, not due to how I cook it, it's just not brilliant but the curries, mmm they are nice. :smile:

I also love chilli, it's not curry I guess but hey *shrugs* still awesome.

I think the only curry I'm familiar with is the yellow curry sauce with chicken (and some onion pieces) I get from the Chinese... It's pretty much the only thing I eat when I eat Chinese food (that and the rice of course). =P

What ever is in the fridge really usually works for me.

Oh the joys of being indian. That said, my usual diet consists of pasta so I actually don't have curry that often. Shame really.

Haha, being Pakistani ain't half bad either. My Mum also makes meeeean curries. She loves her garlic, ginger, chillis and spices, and she has made a lot of eye-watering ones in the past. I swear she's got a mouth made out of titanium or something.

Ah curries, how I love thee. My favourites are: Sweet and Sour Chicken Cantonese Style, Chicken Curry from the Chinese, and Indian Curries is Korma by far.

I have some more but I can't remember the name of them.

Chinese curry > Indian curry (not that it's really indian being originated from the british)

Boiled Rice

Peshwari naan

Chicken Shashlik

Lamb Chilli Massala

Coke

HEAVEN.

(not that it's really indian being originated from the british)

I'm.....sure thats not true?

Pics or didn't happen.

Murgh Makhani from Seven Spices in Leeds. Fucking gorgeous. Can't find many places that do it. And none are as good as seven spices.

Pretty much all curry you get in Britain is British in origin or has at least been adapted to suit our taste buds. Korma isn't always yellow in India for example. Beef curry is certainly British because Indians on the whole don't eat cows. I believe the cooks in the army, back when we where colonising India disguised the fact the beef was in fact several days past being edible by covering it in spices and the like then serving it to the troops.

Tikka Masala is Scottish that much I do know and the sauce is made from tomato soup.

95% of the time i'll rock a Jalfrezi or a Korai.

100% of the time - naan bread

Chicken Madras all the way :)

But only the nice spicy ones. Some restaurants make it too bland.

Biryani!!

I like vegetable ones.

My wife has a Biryani most times, occasionally replaced by a Chicken Korma (the default choice of ladies and soft men everywhere).

In a typical outing to the Indian I will have

Lamb Balti (slightly sour taste, and I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned it - it's lovely)

Chips (Not rice, because I'm a common lad from Teesside and rice is for poshies :p)

Naan bread (that chips are wrapped in this to create immense chip butties that are dipped in the balti sauce)

Popadoms

Popadom dips (mint sauce and mango chutney are the cream of the metaphorical crop.)

I actually really like popadoms the morning after when they've gone a bit soggy, so I generally put some aside until then.

I used to challenge myself with things like vindaloos but then thought "why bother?" Now I just buy a milder curry has the same great taste but less fire.

Chips (Not rice, because I'm a common lad from Teesside and rice is for poshies :p)

I must admit....although I havn't had it in forever, chips replacing rice is quite amazing.

I actually really like popadoms the morning after when they've gone a bit soggy, so I generally put some aside until then.

Yes. This is good. They go kind of chewy, and weird to bite off. Quite epic. :bowdown:

The thing is with a Chicken Korma is that sometimes it can get a bit sickly. You taste one mouthful and it tastes like sex on a spoon. Then, mouthful number two is heavenly. When you get into double digits, however, it starts to get too much. I can finish any other curry dish without a second's thought, but I struggle with a Korma.

Couldn't agree more. Korma is lovely in small amounts but too much and I just get sick of it.

My favourite has always been Chicken Tikka Masala, however when I lived at home my Dad used to make amazing curries from scratch, he'd just make them up as he went along, they were usually brilliant and very VERY hot.

Lots of popadoms with mango chutney.

Chicken tikka with that mint yoghurt sauce.

Cheese naan.

Cheese naans are actually pretty rare, although I know one place that goes one step more awesome with cheese tikka naans. Had one of them a couple of days ago, and it was great.

What i always have -

Onion Bhajis

Keema Nann

Egg fried rice

but when comes to the curry i try a different one each time

favs thou are

Chicken tikka Masalla

Special Biriani

Chicken Korma :)

me and a bunch of mates usually have a curry every saturday night before going to the pub :)