Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Match 14

Paj!

RULES;

Basically, 63 (and one randomly chosen song) tracks have been nominated by our forum members to go head to head against one another.

All matches have been ranomly decided using a number randomizer thingie, sp it's fair.

1. Before voting for which song you choose, you MUST listen to both songs in FULL. If you see a band you love against an unknown, that is not an excuse to instantly vote for that band. Another point of this whole game is to expose new music to people. Base it truthfully on your favourite, not on who you THINK'll be your favourite.

2. No flaming, not that I imagine there will be.

3. If all 3 of your choices are knocked out, please continue to post! You agreed to do so by nominating. Plus it's good for expanding musical horizons.

4. have fun, it's a game blah blah JUST VOTE.

5. ATM, i'm going at 2 threads created a day, one closed a day. Or actually just 1 open, 1 closed. Whatever.

-----

MATCH 14

Art Bitch (Single Mix?) - Cansei De Ser Sexy (OR CSS)

Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

----

Match 1: Led Zeppelin vs. Train

Match 2: Faith No More vs. Oasis

Match 3: Sigur Ros vs. Foreign Beggars

Match 4: Maximum The Hormone vs. Santana

Match 5: Avril Lavigne vs. Lady GaGa

Match 6: Radiohead vs. Polysics

Match 7: Jeff Buckley vs. Kings Of Leon

Match 8: Lamb vs. Iron Maiden

Match 9: Malcolm Middleton vs. Rihanna

Match 10: Blondie vs. Regina Spektor

Match 11: The Offspring vs. Bauhaus

Match 12: Tegan & Sara vs. TV On The Radio

Match 13: Placebo vs. Britney Spears

Match 14: ?

Ah ok when I nominated Art Bitch, this wasn't the version I had in mind. This one sounds completely different.

Right...I heard a version on Youtube that wasn't the actual one, so I assume you meant the real one.

I'll change it to whatever the remix was then. (The real one is better imo)

EDIT: God what a shitty remix of a good song.

Album version ftw..but that's not what was nominated.

I love CSS, but Postal Service's song is way better than this crappy mix.

HMMMMMMMM....

I'm like the biggest CSS fan you'll ever meet, but I'm not feeling it.

This version of Art Bitch has nothing on the original. I like the guitar riff, but then the really bad synth during the chorus makes the whole song sound shit.

I much prefer the album version, and would vote for it if it were the album version in question.

This was the first time I've ever listened to Postal Service, and while not my prefered cup of tea, I liked it.

Vote: Postal Service

Well that's fair enough. I got the album after hearing a few downloaded tracks, and had already grown fond of the non-album version. I absolutely adored CSS back last year. And to be honest their simple synth touches were part of what I loved, especially in Fuck Off.

Postal Service gets my vote. I've listened to a bit of CSS before but didn't really like that version there. Honestly can't remember much about their music so I need to go back and look into it. But that Postal Service song was good. Catchy, nice tune to it. Very simple but just complex enough to keep your attention. Will probably end up listening to it all of tomorrow on my day off.

Yeah, to be fair the CSS remix has a lovely intro, and the vocals are arguably better slowed down and made more clear - it's just the really bad synth during the chorus that ruins it for me.

I'm going to change my vote to CSS, since on hindsight, it's lovely.

I love the end of the remix actually, like if they had actually recorded it you can imagine Lovefoxxx shouting "ARTBITCH!" at random points.

Postal Service, by a mile. A song I like enough to nominate vs a bad remix of a song I already didn't like, it's really not a hard choice for me.

Still, im easily going for Postal Service. I practically came when it was played on top gear the other night.

Id be most happy to see it win the whole tournament.

Same here, it seems people from Harpenden have something in common...