Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Music Warz! Match 3

Paj!

RULES;

Basically, 63 (and one randomly chosen song) tracks have been nominated by our forum members to go head to head against one another.

All matches have been ranomly decided using a number randomizer thingie, sp it's fair.

1. Before voting for which song you choose, you MUST listen to both songs in FULL. If you see a band you love against an unknown, that is not an excuse to instantly vote for that band. Another point of this whole game is to expose new music to people. Base it truthfully on your favourite, not on who you THINK'll be your favourite.

2. No flaming, not that I imagine there will be.

3. If all 3 of your choices are knocked out, please continue to post! You agreed to do so by nominating. Plus it's good for expanding musical horizons.

4. have fun, it's a game blah blah JUST VOTE.

5. Most matches will last for a few days, or whenever I get to a computer. Deal with it.

-----

Match 3

Hold On by Foreign Beggars

vs.

Gobbledigook by Sigur Rós

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a no-contest. If ever I saw a no contest, this is it.

Listening to Hold On felt like a chore. I really dislike rap (especially when it's rapped so fast you can't actually hear the lyrics...). I can tell this song is considered good rap (better than alot of other rap music), but it's still dire. I don't like how it doesn't have a proper ending either...

Gobbledigook, on the other hand, is a triumph. Mind-blowing when I saw Sigur Ros live. Actually a bit too exhilarating to watch.

Awesome.

Sigur Ros to go through, no-contest.

Hold On ... it's the best out of these two.

Does not compute.

My vote goes to Sigur Ros. That first song just sounds awful and it's probably because I hate that style of music. That Sigur Ros song wasn't bad. I've been meaning to look into them for a long time now. Was told about them ages ago and just never got round to checking out their music. So at least this thing has served a purpose by getting me to check out Sigur Ros. :)

Sigur Rós hands down. The other song sounds like some drunk chav attempting to speak at ultra high speeds. I quite like the Sigur Rós song, actually.

ha, they aint 'chav' :P He's sick at rapppin, prehaps i should of chose a more mellow song by em, and the fact thats got skinnyman in, who is a bit council estate proud, ah well, its a beast of a tune ha.

Foreign Beggars defo woooop

Gobbledigook sounded like advert music, could barely understand the lyrics n all, a very boring song!

Gobbledigook sounded like advert music, could barely understand the lyrics n all, a very boring song!

The lyrics are in a made-up language.

That's why Sigur Ros are so surreal. You don't know what they are singing about, but the music just creates a mood.

Like I always imagine Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur to be about a slightly dysfunctional family going on a trip around the world, Wild Thornberries style.

Sigur Rós, as it's a really, really nice song. Never heard it before, so I'll look into acquiring more of their stuff. This game is working as Paj intended!

Yay! That's half (more like 75%) of the fun of it!

Glad this one was nominated, as it's their most accesible for years, except Hoppipolla, which EVERYONE knows as that child abuse advert song.

I love Sigur Rós. One of my favourite bands. And that's one of their worst songs.

That being said... these Foreign Beggars guys are pretty awesome!

So, even if Sigur Rós > Foreign Beggars... in this particular case, I'm gonna have to go with Foreign Beggars, because the Foreign Beggars song is clearly the best out of the two.

Who the hell was the retard who nominated Gobbledigook, out of all possible SR songs?

The lyrics are in a made-up language.

That's why Sigur Ros are so surreal. You don't know what they are singing about, but the music just creates a mood.

Like I always imagine Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur to be about a slightly dysfunctional family going on a trip around the world, Wild Thornberries style.

I take offense to that, Icelandic is so a language.

EDIT: I´d also like to make the statement that bullneska like in it´s name is bullshit

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!