N-Europe

Music Warz! Match 1

Paj!

Ok, so rather than clutter up the forum, everything will go down in this one thread, which will eventually be umpteen pages long etc.

RULES;

Basically, 63 (and one randomly chosen song) tracks have been nominated by our forum members to go head to head against one another.

All matches have been ranomly decided using a number randomizer thingie, sp it's fair.

1. Before voting for which song you choose, you MUST listen to both songs in FULL. If you see a band you love against an unknown, that is not an excuse to instantly vote for that band. Another point of this whole game is to expose new music to people. Base it truthfully on your favourite, not on who you THINK'll be your favourite.

2. No flaming, not that I imagine there will be.

3. If all 3 of your choices are knocked out, please continue to post! You agreed to do so by nominating. Plus it's good for expanding musical horizons.

4. have fun, it's a game blah blah JUST VOTE.

5. Most matches will last for a few days, or whenever I get to a computer. Deal with it.

----------

MATCH 1

"The Song Remains The Same" by Led Zeppelin

vs.

"Drops Of Jupiter" - Train

I'm going to vote for Led Zeppelin.

There's no denying that Drops Of Jupiter is a good song, but Led Zeppelin is just so much more interesting to listen to.

Maybe it's because DoJ was horrendously overplayed, and I've never heard that LZ song before, but I just found myself enjoying the LZ song much more.

Plus, I'm not that big a fan of Train's vocalist's voice.

I've never even heard of Train before, and it's a damn good song. However, I maintain that The Song Remains The Same is one of the best pieces of guitar work ever, and it's the 'Zep...

(And they're my nomination...)

Led Zeppelin

On a side note, I've just looked over the full list, and I can tell you that at some point I'm going to have make some very difficult decisions. There's also plenty of songs I've never heard, so this'll be funsies!

Im gonna go with Train. Though that Zep song was pretty goood, tough choice.

By the way, three things:

- Do you reckon we should just skip the rounds which include our own nominations?

- Whats gonna happen when theres a tie?

- This is going to take ages you know :P Like, months. Could have 2 matches going at once maybe? Just a thought.

LZ: 8

Train: 4

- Do you reckon we should just skip the rounds which include our own nominations?

No, as I'd hope you'd be open-minded...maybe you'll prefer the other song. If not, you can still support your own nomination.

- Whats gonna happen when theres a tie?

I need to set a deadline. Actually..fully answered in the next bit...

- This is going to take ages you know :P Like, months. Could have 2 matches going at once maybe? Just a thought.

Yeah, I'm gonna make different threads. That's how it's been done on toher forums, but someone said it should just be one big one, but no...

THREADS FOR ALL! We'll just keep this first match in here.

Can mod retitle this "Music Warz! Match 1" or something?