Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

It bugs me that the word 'next gen' has become 'this gen'.
It's only the case because Nintendo haven't matched the others specs this generation, thus it's just sort of stayed as a way of refering to the gap between the consoles.
RE4 is another game that, despite being from the 6th generation really feels like a 7th generation game. Metroid Prime is somewhat like that as well.
Yeah the Gamecube truely had some exceptional games! I just wish outside of the very occasional Nintendo effort (Galaxy/Prime3), some other developer would really step up and push the console, like Factor 5 always tried to do, and Capcom absoluely nailed with RE4. Third party efforts on Wii always seem to have to come with some compromise, such as fantastic visuals... but in order to do so, the game had to be on rails etc... Monster Hunter 3 is probably the game trying to go that extra bit further at the moment, but once again, it's not what RE4 did for the GC.

It's only the case because Nintendo haven't matched the others specs this generation, thus it's just sort of stayed as a way of refering to the gap between the consoles.

People do it for the other consoles as well and generation of consoles aren't about ordered by graphics.

Just had a game breaking glitch on the first boss of HotD: Overkill, it frooze big time and I had to turn the Wii off at the wall. :(

Anyone else get this at all in the game?

Nope, not that I remember. :hmm:

Only games that have ever froze up on me were Eledees and Blast Works (both due to pushing the level editors too much :heh:) oh- and the BBC iPlayer.

I wouldn't worry though, well unless it happens at the exactly same point again.

Iwata to "show" Wii Zelda at E3 News

Nintendo's Satoru Iwata has promised to finally reveal the new Zelda game this summer.

Iwata, straight to the point, told investors during Friday's financial briefing that, "We will show the new Zelda title for Wii at E3 this year." He added that the Wii Vitality Sensor and games for it will also be announced at the show.

He also revealed a few new titles heading to Japan this year on Wii and DS.

Top of the bill is a new DS Pokemon game - the first in four years. Iwata gave this no name but said there will be "various unprecedented experiences" within.

There's also a new "full-scale RPG" on the way to Wii called Xenoblade. This will be developed by Monolith Software and Tetsuya Takahashi. You may have known this project as Monado: Beginning of the World. Metroid: Other M will be released this summer on Wii in Japan, and Mistwalker's Last Story and Super Mario Galaxy 2 will appear later in the year.

^ And all the better we were for it. ;) *damn you Nintendo, you teased us all with a motherfucking Hyrule War, damn YOU!!*

I think I'm going to have to watch the E3 Trailer (hopefully they dont do a full on gameplay presentation like with Twilight Princess) and then that's it for me as far as info goes... otherwise frankly no Zelda ever stands a chance.

It worked for Ocarina (I saw nothing but a couple of magazine reviews)... lets see if it can work again.

Edited by Retro_Link

It worked for Ocarina (I saw nothing but a couple of magazine reviews)... lets see if it can work again.

Haha, really? I scoured mags for Zelda info for years! The NMS pull out review of it was EPIC! I still remember how it started out with the "Zelda 64" look before gradually becoming the OoT we all know and love. Somehow even by the time I got it for Christmas I didn't feel like I knew everything about OoT and I'd even played the Deku Tree for a friend who got stuck. :laughing:

Yeah it's wierd, because it was my first ever Zelda game I kinda knew this big game was building (I probably saw a few other mid development articles along the way), then I clearly remember the Giant 8 page NOM review... and then likewise with N64 magazine, and it got 98% in both or whatever... then when Christmas came around I knew I had to have it and the rest is history!

Man I just get so excited when I think about that game!

I hear you Retro Link. I'm all for resisting all sorts of info about the game after the trailer.

The trailer will give you that special, yet small, taste of what is to come.

The best thing is to be surprised by everything you'll see in this new zelda game and given the fact that this time 'round, the game will be quite the refreshing expierence, it'll be double the shock once you learn that the gorons are actually zoras and vica versa (for example:laughing:)

It's hard to resist infromation about the new Zelda, but you wouldn't like to hear important parts of a book every week now would you?

'Tis a classic example of the SSBB-hype. That site was such a joy to read every day, but when I finally got my hands on the game, only the subspace emissary had its big shockers ready.

Yeah it's wierd, because it was my first ever Zelda game I kinda knew this big game was building (I probably saw a few other mid development articles along the way), then I clearly remember the Giant 8 page NOM review... and then likewise with N64 magazine, and it got 98% in both or whatever... then when Christmas came around I knew I had to have it and the rest is history!

Man I just get so excited when I think about that game!

I knew nothing of that game until you brought it round to mine just after you got it, then I bought it a couple of weeks later!

I'm literally gonna watch nothing for this new Zelda. I've seen that promo artwork but that'll be it. Shouldn't be too hard either, haven't bothered watching any game trailer/video for ages!

I have to say I am liking this new approach that Nintendo seem to be taking of only releasing details fairly close to the actual release of the game, the Twilight Princess hype ruined it a bit...

I knew nothing of that game until you brought it round to mine just after you got it, then I bought it a couple of weeks later!

I'm literally gonna watch nothing for this new Zelda. I've seen that promo artwork but that'll be it. Shouldn't be too hard either, haven't bothered watching any game trailer/video for ages!

Yeah it was so much easier back in the day, it was literally, Buy mag... see 98% Nintendo game... Gotta be great!... Buy it... In AWE!!... Done!

You'll probably watch the E3 presentation though won't you? Maybe just minimise the window for the Zelda stuff. I might do the same tbh... though I'm expecting a lot from this game already, in the sense that they've said they'll be doing something a bit different, so I might have to find out what that is (from E3), so I'm not dissapointed if it's not much of a revolution when I come to play it.

Yeah it was so much easier back in the day, it was literally, Buy mag... see 98% Nintendo game... Gotta be great!... Buy it... In AWE!!... Done!

You'll probably watch the E3 presentation though won't you? Maybe just minimise the window for the Zelda stuff. I might do the same tbh... though I'm expecting a lot from this game already, in the sense that they've said they'll be doing something a bit different, so I might have to find out what that is (from E3), so I'm not dissapointed if it's not much of a revolution when I come to play it.

Nope, not gonna watch it.

Guest Captain Falcon

Nice one Welshy

My mate has been wanting to pick up Brawl for a while but is pretty hard up - yet at that price, I don't think he could resist.

I'll be avoiding anything with major spoilers, but I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from watching trailers and everything else. I've always found that part of why Zelda games are so exciting is the way everyone gets so hyped up for them. It can be a great experience information free as well, but personally, I need a bit of balance.