N-Europe

Do girls have no fingers? They play games with their forehead? I label you a gaming novice, Sir! :laughing:

Haha, they have fingers alright. But, you haven't seen the aggression she plays with. Seriously, I don't even think Stalin was THAT aggressive compared to how Ine plays Advance Wars. Or Tetris for that matter. :laughing:

Watching her play Tetris was like some kind of erotic but geeky but erotic foreplay. HOT.

D_Prod, that video was great. :D

Nintendo Japan seem to have now a 'best of' collection for the Wii. Whats even more surprising is the fact that they are all 3rd party games

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/selection/index.html

From the looks of things, the ones that sold like shit are the ones highly ranked. Perhaps one way Nintendo are trying to help 3rd party companies now :hmm:

I really hope this works out since some of those games listed really do deserve the best treatment and many people should play those games.

Too bad NOA have fuck all really from western developers to give treatment like this :laughing:

Nintendo Japan seem to have now a 'best of' collection for the Wii. Whats even more surprising is the fact that they are all 3rd party games

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/selection/index.html

From the looks of things, the ones that sold like shit are the ones highly ranked. Perhaps one way Nintendo are trying to help 3rd party companies now :hmm:

I really hope this works out since some of those games listed really do deserve the best treatment and many people should play those games.

Too bad NOA have fuck all really from western developers to give treatment like this :laughing:

they should have done this before... but at least they're on the right track. they should be able to do it here to though. Red steel, kloanoa there are tons of games and with a tagline saying "bestof" it helps.

It is called "Everyone's Recommendation Selection"

The seven games are;

Muramasa

Arc Rise Fantasia

Family Ski World Ski & Snowboard

One Piece Unlimited Cruise Episode 1

Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk

Dragon Ball Z Sparking! Meteor

Nintendo should just have a picture of a 13yr old giving someone the V's on some boxes and a fluffy bunny dancing in a candy cane meadow on the other.

At least then some gamers would know the difference between a hardcore and a casual title..

Alternatively, they could just give the Nintendo seal of Quality to titles that are...actually...good.

In other news: Family Ski and Snowboard is in there. Sweet!

Alternatively, they could just give the Nintendo seal of Quality to titles that are...actually...good.

To dispel this myth; the Nintendo Seal of Quality (arf arf!) was introduced to show customers that it was of quality manufacturing (i.e. not a pirate (yargh!)), not a good game you and your mates should play. :heh:

Meaning Nintendo - and third parties - create spinning turds nowadays?

Yup yup :D

The cover art is a sleeve, the original box art is still included inside the sleeve.

Red boxes = "Nintendo Seal of Quality"?

Black boxes = Teen/M-rated games

Ah cheers :)

Different coloured boxes for different things could be useful if it gets to a point that people know what they mean. Lets face it parents clearly don't read the "WARNING: CONTAINS BLOOD, VIOLENCE AND SEX" label but maybe if it was black (or red, for danger!) then they may eventually learn...stupid parents!

Nintendo's Releases Plans

Following up on its earnings report yesterday, Nintendo provided its usual supplemental report today, offering a more detailed look at the previous fiscal term, and the year to come.

Of particular note is the report's schedule of first party releases. Here's what's on the way from Nintendo for the Wii in Japan this year and beyond:

Xenoblade (Wii, Spring 2010)

Metroid Other M (Wii, Summer 2010)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii, 2010)

The Last Story (Wii, 2010)

Kensakusu (Wii, TBA)

Span Smasher (Wii, TBA)

Start With 100 Words: English Conversation (Wii, TBA)

Hoshi no Kirby (Wii, TBA)

Line Attack Heroes (Wii, TBA)

The Legend of Zelda (Wii, TBA)

Of these, The Last Story and Xenoblade appear to be new, as neither title was listed in the supplemental report from October.

Cosmic Walker and Monado: Beginning of the World, in contrast, were listed in the October report, but have gone missing for this report.

Perhaps Last Story and Xenoblade are new names for Cosmic Walker and Monado?

It should be noted that neither The Last Story and Xenoblade are listed in the European and US schedules. The US schedule still has Monado under its original name.

Interestingly, Mondao is being made by Monolith Soft, known primarily as the maker of the Xenosaga series of RPGs.

In less speculative news, Metroid fans should take note of the new summer 2010 time frame for Metroid Other M. The Japanese release for the Team Ninja tie-up was listed as TBA in the October report. The European and the US charts, both in the October report and today's report, list the game as just 2010.

newgam.jpg

Edited by Dante

Hmmm,

Did some research and Xenoblade indeed seems to be the another or a new name for Monado which was still listed as being in development in an official Nintendo press document in July last year:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2009/090731e.pdf

Everyone is assuming its this. It looked fantastic but we never seen anymore of it. :(

I really, really, really hope that's true! :)

Looking at the Japanese list it might be the best line-up Nintendo ever had for a single year. I mean, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, 2 RPGs. Even Zengeki and Span Smasher looks interesting.

I think Zelda will follow the Wind Waker schedule. December in Japan, spring next year in the West.

Edited by Ren of Heavens