Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Capcom is definitely the hardest blow though.

That's what she said... But seriously, Nintendo have dropped the ball. Again. Only this time they don't seem to be compensating us with as much epic software. I've completely lost faith in Nintendo this gen and I think there is little they could do to win me back. I even have lowered expectations for Zelda, which is a shame. Losing third parties is just going to put a nail in the coffin of the Wii amongst people who want to play videogames and not lose weight or play sport indoors.

Rather no games than crappy games if you ask me.

Looks like we're back to the N64 days where we were left with games almost entirely published by Nintendo themselves. Back then they had at least Rare bringing som quality mature content.

Btw, whats up with Retro Studios? It's almost 3 years since MP3...

Sadly, they seem to be working on smaller projects now. Wario Ware DIY, was their last game
Whoa! :o Gonna have to disagree with you there. :nono: Ain't nothing sad about Intelligent Systems working on WarioWare: D.I.Y. I won't be at all surprised if it ends up being DS game of 2010 for many, and it's looking very likely to become one of my favourite DS games of all time!

Just a hunch at the moment, although my Nintendo intuitions rarely let me down. :wink:

Anyway to get back on the Wii topic a bit, about the Ubisoft thing. Yeah for sure, they have been seriously bad for the most part, but Rabbids Go Home was a huge step in the right direction. And If they can nail Red Steel 2 then they'll be very much back on track I reckon.

I've looked at the forum rules and we're not meant to bump old threads, so has anyone please got any tips for the swordfighting in Zack & Wiki? I was enjoying the game up until now, but it's driving me crackers. I understand the whole "block a vertical slash with a horizontal motion" thing, but the remote just doesn't do what I want it to do.

I've looked at the forum rules and we're not meant to bump old threads, so has anyone please got any tips for the swordfighting in Zack & Wiki? I was enjoying the game up until now, but it's driving me crackers. I understand the whole "block a vertical slash with a horizontal motion" thing, but the remote just doesn't do what I want it to do.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about bumping really old threads, as long as your post is relevant to the topic. It's only when you're bumping up threads and spamming or asking something that isn't relevant that it becomes a problem. I think it's better to bump up the Zack & Wiki thread than making a new one anyway, heh.

As for the question in hand, I haven't got the game, but I'll get the female to answer eet for you, since she has it.

I can remember struggling sometimes in the sword fighting, but I can't remember the way it worked. I remember blocking until they tired helped.

There's only 1 guy you HAVE to swordfight, on the bottom floor and you can't die against him. The others are always avoidable when you work out their pattern of movement.

Does anyone find it slightly sad how hyped Ubisoft are for Natal? There's not a doubt in my mind that the considerable majority of software developed by Ubisoft for Natal will be simple mini-games and gimmicky pieces of shovelware.

It would be amusing if Ubisoft flooded Natal with crap, which lead to more companies doing so and eventually people labeling Natal as just for casual gamers.

Nintendo Q1 2010

Wii Software

* Resident Evil Zero (Capcom) - 22nd January

* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Capcom) - 29th January

* U-SING : 2 Microphone Edition (Mindscape) - January

* Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep (Nintendo) - 5th February

* Karaoke Revolution (Konami) - 11th February

* Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (SEGA) - 12th February

* Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (SEGA) - February

* The Sky Crawlers (Namco Bandai) - February

* Alice in Wonderland (Disney) - 4th March

* Silent Hill Shattered Memories (Konami) - 4th March

* Calling (Hudson) - 18th March

* Rune Factory Frontier (Rising Star Games) - March

* Red Steel 2 (Ubisoft) - March

* Fragile Dreams (Rising Star Games) - March

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/nintendo-reveals-q1-2010-line-up

No mention of Sin & Punishment 2 and No More Heroes 2 :(

Edit: Perhaps not a complete list as FFCC:TCB is missing and thats already dated (5th February).

Edited by Ren of Heavens